Everything Floral

My extract is still steeping/leeching out tea goodness. I’m thinking next week I’ll give it a strain; couple of more heat baths and stir sessions. It smells like it should do just fine and looks very dark! Can’t wait to have a purple looking juice in a tank! Pretty!

1 Like

Hey people i got some Matcha tea i want to extract in pg, for a 10 ml what ratio would you go.
Matcha is stone grinded green tea any thoughts?

1 Like

I would start around 2 grams maybe? or 1/4 gram per ml? I haven’t tried this myself but based on the few examples I have seen people do, this is roughly where they have been at.
Is it a fine powder? If so, maybe even less since there is more surface area and quicker leech

2 Likes

Sounds good for experimentation purposes anyway. I used 2 sachets of Rooibos and that came out to 4.5g total weight.

1 Like

So if he wants a 10 ml batch that should be pretty close because you made a bigger batch right?
Now if I can only decide which tea I want to use…my brain locks when I have too many choices :wink:

1 Like

It’s time to play “pin the tail” on the tea container for you. Blindfold yourself and grab a box!

1 Like

okay typically I will steep SC a good week before I attmpt to test it but this one has a fair amount of other ingredients in it and I feel it can steep a little further but the taste won’t change too much. I personally believe SC has a harshness at first that chills over a few days with steeping but I don’t find the flavor mellows ( this is why I mix it at <2%)

I have ranted several times I don’t care for pomegrante and i really think it may be I don’t care for TFA’s pom.
I got NWF’s VG based blueberry acai pomegrante from ECX and i actually enjoyed it when I tasted it today( the first time I tested it as a standalone and it was weak and not flavorful enuf ) so here’s a little recipe I made a few days ago, and it still has a few more days to go for it to reach it’s journey but thought i’d contribute to the floras thread !

Summer clouds and blueberry acai pomegranate : http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/231061/Summer+clouds+and+blueberry+acai+pomegranate+

6% Blueberry -Acai pomegranate NWF
4% Graham Cracker (NWF)
1.5% Summer Clouds (FA)

Flavor total: 11.5%
Remember to rate it at: http://e-liquid-recipes.com/r/1Ppb

1 Like

Is this their pomegranate AND the deluxe? I like them both but I really like the deluxe as well…but then again I’m a freak for pom everything :wink:

I may try this tonight but I will have to mix a Blueberry, Acai and Pom base up seeing as I do not have that
I do have MBV graham but I cannot stomach anything over 1-2%
But anything to use my SC!!
Thanks as always Amy!

2 Likes

if your going to go a sub try for blueberry 2%, Acai 0.5% and pom ( since youlike it ) 1% and the GC which is more of a milkiness in this recipe that i have try it at 1.5% then add the 1.5% of SC. Just a suggestion.

And the TFA was just pomegrante I never tried their deluxe version I stopped at the first one…

1 Like

Thanks! How prominent is the blueberry? Sorry for all the questions I just have the extra and wild which as you know are not the strongest BUT I do have capella’s which is strong(er)

It’s too bad I can’t just reach through the screen and hand you some of the deluxe because I have over 8oz of it haha. It was one of the first flavoring I bought before I really knew what I was doing and thought, I like Pom, I should get alot, 250mls? sure why not!

Needless to say I still have at least 230mls on the shelf hehe

If you get a chance though try it! Its a unique version of the fruit and given your tastes you may like it ESPECIALLY with YY

I just came back to this after mixing it over a month ago and it all blended together better than I could of ever imagined! If anyone has ylang ylang this is a definite!
@Amy2 I never heard back on your version of this?

Bruised Ylang : http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/217749/Bruised++Ylang

4% Blueberry Extra (TPA)
2% Blueberry Wild (TPA)
2.5% Pomegranate (TPA)
3.5% Pomegranate Deluxe (TPA)
2% Ylang Ylang (FA)

Flavor total: 14%
Remember to rate it at: http://tjek.nu/r/1J4Z

3 Likes

I can’t remember know how it turned out. I’ll look and see if I still have some… I thought I did this mix w/ summer clouds ???

1 Like

If I remember correctly you did it with blueberry and acai/pom since you didnt like the tfa pom?

1 Like

Oh that’s right. I think I ended up making both YY and SC with it bc I did like it so much. Lol you know me well. :laughing:

I want to say on the YY mix I wished the YY was more prominent than the BB acai Pom mix.

1 Like

I havent tried it with the acai yet but I’m starting to mix again tomorrow so I may give some a try! I just mixed up almost a gallon of base today so I need some ideas, aka inspiration :wink:

1 Like

I’m working on a Sakura white chocolate doughnut.

Also still working on lychee YY

A butterscotch rasp custard

These are some of the WIP as of the late. I’m sure you being a chef and all must have some delicious ideas :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Look at smuckers and look at their flavor pairing site a lot of fun there !

How did mixing go ? I see you made it through it. :mask:

We need to come up w/ some simple Herbs like Basil which is good w/ ice cream as well as jalapeño.

2 Likes

I made a shitload of base last night and going to work on recipes today…
I just realized it’s been a month! So much to do and so much to make haha

1 Like

There is a cherry blossom/hibiscus thread that probably could be added to this one.

I made some cherry blossom (sakura) recipes out of that thread bc there wasn’t much recent activity w/ that flavor. Here is one recent one and i have a few more to try today.

White chocolate TFA is a peppery semi-sweet chocolate I paired it with strawberry and cherry blossom.

White chocolate covered SB w/ Sakura sprinkles : http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/247360/White+chocolate+covered+SB+w%2F+Sakura+sprinkles

3% Cherry Blossom (TPA)
4% Strawberry (NWF)
0.4% Sweetner Ecig Express
2% Whipped Cream (TPA)
4% White Chocolate (TPA)

Flavor total: 13.4%
Remember to rate it at: http://tjek.nu/r/1YXa

1 Like

Oh, by the way: Copy as HTML (text) works now, on ELR forum:

White chocolate covered SB w/ Sakura sprinkles

Ingredient %
Cherry Blossom (TPA) 3
Strawberry (NWF) 4
Sweetner Ecig Express 0.4
Whipped Cream (TPA) 2
White Chocolate (TPA) 4

Flavor total: 13.4%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!
4 Likes

Thanks @daath that looks awesome !!

I have another one to add here in a minute and I’ll use the html !

Sakura doughnuts

Ingredient %
Bavarian Cream (TPA) 2
Cherry Blossom PG (TPA) 3.5
Glazed Doughnut (CAP) 4
Sweetner Ecig Express 0.4
Whipped Cream (TPA) 2
White Chocolate (TPA) 3.3

Flavor total: 15.2%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!
1 Like