Everything Floral

I have heard ppl like it around 3% SA-

Yea Steep Ylang Ylang a couple of days sorry to hear you had a leak.

I have to have cream and sugar in my coffee or my tummy will hurt lol

You may like Catalan Cream SA at 3% as well

1 Like

I am loving FA Cardamom at present.
I have been using it in a Mango Lassi (Mango Yogurt drink from India) recipe and it is stellar.

I plan on making a Chai Tea recipe with it also :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I have some I havnt single flavor tested it yet but it is on the list! Thanks!

1 Like

Holy wow I tried Ylang Ylang today just a few min ago on my lunch breakā€¦ It wasnā€™t a fresh wick but I had dripper some unflavored for a while before I put the ylang inā€¦ So I only got a couple of puffs in but WOW that is an in your face flavor!.. I will have to get back to you with my discription of it but my first impression is a very bold wow and tastyā€¦ Savory maybe?? I really look forward to playing with that flavor I could even see it being a stand alone in my arsenalā€¦ It didnā€™t have much of a smell but man that flavor was like Pow! In your face!! Lol @Amy2 I see some further discussions coming on!!

3 Likes

@Amy2 so Ylang Ylang as a stand alone has a kind of soapy finish on the exhale?? Thatā€™s kind of what I am picking upā€¦ I am enjoying it right now in my dripper trying to get a feel for the flavor and a way to describe it :slight_smile:

@Amy2 ha just read your note on it on the flavor list I agree with the calming effects and very pleasant aroma and flavorā€¦ This will work wounderfully as an evening relaxing vape though I am thinking of mixing in some vanilla and creamsā€¦ Stand alone I can do and I see others get that soapy taste a bit too itā€™s not unpleasant but it is there after a week of steep timeā€¦ I will probably try something with this being the main flavor and adding some complementary flavors to try to mask that soapy ish finish on the exhale

1 Like

Vanilla works well as does orange, mango, you could maybe try some creams to lighten that taste. I donā€™t remember having that taste. I hope I never taste soap intentionally ha right ?

I prefer to steep it a while but I believe it was one I tried early out and was mystified by itā€™s unique taste.

Donā€™t forget this recipe of @therabidweasel http://tjek.nu/r/2MjB fantastic Ylang Ylang vape !

2 Likes

So I am going to mix up that pearvana today and throw it in the cabinet lol the ylang is high in it but I do like ylang so farā€¦ Wanted to update you on my ylang and vanilla expā€¦ I mixed 1% ylang with 2% vanilla shishaā€¦ After 5 days the ylang is Strong! Still getting that soapy after taste and not really tasting the vanilla at allā€¦ Should this just steep longer or does this need some tweaking?

1 Like

Try bring it down to around 0.5% youā€™ll have to increase the batch size but you should be able to tamp down the soap and get the vanilla shisha to come through a bit more. Also you could always in corporate an additional vanilla like a classic or Vanilla tahity.

Also if you want just try Pearvana w/ ylang ylang at 0.5% that a way you donā€™t get the soap taste ( hopefully )

1 Like

I am curious how it tastes originallyā€¦ How long does the steep need to be on it?

1 Like

I love florals and each one brings something cool to the table. My favorite is lavender and very versatile with fruits and citrus.

2 Likes

Itā€™s kinda hard to describe earthy - here is my note from ELR (Flora) woodsy musky hews use light it steeps strong. Very relaxing and pleasant aroma. Blends well with Vanilla, Bergamont, Jasmine, Chamomile,Sandalwood & Lavender.

there are some good notes on it http://e-liquid-recipes.com/flavor/1147

1 Like

Yup I read those notes lol I was referring to your steep time for pearvanaā€¦ When does that show itā€™s true colors?

1 Like

Iā€™m working on them trying to get a good feal for them I am trying to do my single flavor testing but getting impatient lol

Oh I believe I steeped 1 month but @therabidweasel would prob have the better idea of when itā€™s ideal since itā€™s been a while since I vaped it.

EDIT:

@Jayrell

looks like I made it 12/10 & vaped it on Christmas last year 12/25 so just a few weeks. Very creamy forward the pear is acting like a cream then you get the Ylang Ylang mixed w/ Vanilla Tahity.

2 Likes

Good deal, making 20ml then put it up :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I designed it to be mostly SnV and I prefer to vape it as soon as the ylang gets some manners, because the pear has PHENOMENAL nuances straight out of the bottle that begin to fade immediately. About 3 days for me to 2-3 weeks are the peak flavors.

The cream kicks in as it gets beyond 3 weeks and becomes a far less nuanced fruit/caramel/cream that still ainā€™t bad IMO. That said, it was designed to be SnV, but you have to be able to tolerate a ylang ylang tonsil hammer.

Amy and I vape very different setups but we like the same flavors. That typically means we like different proportions and Amy wonā€™t SnV, even if you offer to slip her money. I used to use a ton of juice and never had a chance to steep, so this is one I developed for my immediate consumption, some like it steeped better, some hate it no matter what. Hope you dig it.

2 Likes

Thanks for that! Well in that case time to re wick one of my setups and give this a tryā€¦ I will mix it up right now and let you know what I thinkā€¦ Do you do a hot bath or anything? I will probably mix this 25/75 pg/vg

Ylang Kick Punch!! wow that is deepā€¦ Ylang is the most prominent flavor with just a good shakeā€¦ on my subohm set up I am not really getting the other flavors stronglyā€¦ there is something subtle on the exhale, I would like to taste the caramel more I am getting a little sweetness on the 3rd pullā€¦ hmmm so far I think this would be an AWESOME wake up call in the AMā€¦ I can get with this recipe, I would like to see how it develops if I can keep my hands off of it long enoughā€¦ Thanks for the share!! and the good advice from all of you!

2 Likes

If you didnt cough it out SnV, you may be like me. Its a very heavy hit of ylang, i doubt anyone uses much stronger. Thanks for the feedback, i love to hear what others taste. I worked for quite awhile on this one, months. It mimics a dessert Iā€™ve had in Turkey a couple of times.

If you havenā€™t singled Pear FA, do it at that percentage on a TC dripper. That flavor is insane SnV. Please give it a try, cuz I think you might like it.

1 Like