Everything Floral

TFA black tea isn’t bitter…just citrusy. Yeah, you can taste the tea flavor, but Sweet Mary on a pogo stick, the citrus kick is just much too much!

1 Like

Sorry I drifted off at sweet mary on a pogo stick…

ok I’m back, that was fun, anyways, too much in a bad way?

1 Like

Don’t you just put it in PG? I’ve made my own cardamom and ginger like that. I guess it would work with tealeaves.

3 Likes

Yeah I still hold to the sentiment that it tastes like dirt. Not really bitter, more like the fake kind of taste. Have you ever tried a Crystal Light or Mio tea flavor? It’s kinda like that. Maybe with enough steeping and/or airing out, but it’s definitely a high maintenance flavor.

1 Like

I’ve never attempted to make something like that with tea or flora types, I guess I meant I wish I DID make my own flavors…I should really start playing around though, seeing as I have an entire commercial kitchen with an arsenal of items at my disposal!

2 Likes

I’ve done it with coffee and I know people have good results with tea as well. I may have to try it.

2 Likes

So I kind of threw everything at this Violet recipe but its going to be a Blueberry Violet Panna Cotta with a Citrus-Honey Drizzle (hehe)
Violet@3
Bavarian@3.5
Van Swirl@1.5
Blue X@2.5
Blue Wild@3.5
F. Vanilla@2.5
Swt Crm@2
Honey@.5
Lemon/Lime@.5

Like I said I kinda threw everything at this…kinda high @ 19% but I really need that panna cotta taste

3 Likes

Does anyone know of a flavor that has an egg like taste? Not egg itself but an eggy custard type flavor?

1 Like

Oh that sounds amazing. And like something I’d eat all day every day. LOL I so don’t (or maybe do) love you right now. Post it when you get it perfected, I wanna try it. :wink:

2 Likes

I bought ginger concentrate in a shop and it just tasted and smelled like dirt and I was so pissed I wasted 4 euros on that crap that I bought some fresh ginger, chopped it up and put it in PG, it has a really nice smell and zing to it that was lacking in the one I bought. The cardamom I had a lot of and thought I could do the same with that, since I didn’t really wanted to spend any money on buying it. If used it will only be a drop so I thought I cut out the middleman.

3 Likes

Exactly. The title sounds sexy…the juice though…

We shall see :wink:

2 Likes

I would think with tea leaves or a flower you would need to make a reduction or a syrup to really extract the flavor out of it, while being careful to not get bitter? Ginger is so nice and potent as is, so I can understand just chopping and adding

1 Like

I really don’t know enough about tea or flowers to answer that. I just know it worked with the ginger and cardamom but as you say, they are not the same thing. I doubt any of the vendors selling tea flavours would give up their secret.

2 Likes

I’m just basing this off of my cooking experience and whenever we make a tea/floral sauce or whatever, there’s a lot of reducing and that…I can’t imagine it would be that different when making a juice

1 Like

Was there a point when you had to filter the concentrate once you put the ginger in the pg ? I love fresh ginger and always get some and then I’ll use half of it not knowing what to do with the rest.

I’m interested in finding out more on your technique.

1 Like

Why don’t you give it a try, you might be able to set up your own tea flavour line. I would say target the British first. :grinning:

[quote=“Amy2, post:55, topic:25488”]
Was there a point when you had to filter the concentrate
[/quote]Yep, you just put it through a tea strainer (staying on topic here) with some cheesecloth.

3 Likes

I would think you could actually grate the ginger, fine cheese grater is perfect, and then put it in cheesecloth and squeeze out the juice into the pg? That’s how I do it in the kitchen to maximize flavor extraction

2 Likes

Im guessing vacuum bag the pg with the ginger to infuse totaly. thats what i do with herbs and oil.

3 Likes

My family is actually British and my sisters never came over, so they currently reside in London, BOOM, Britain distributor solved!

3 Likes

Since we are on this topic, have you tried using VG? I know it doesn’t carry flavors too well but I’m just curious if there is a different techique