Expanding Glass?

Thanks, I should have mentioned but yes I did try this on all of the tanks. It’s all very mysterious. :thinking:

1 Like

I think you are overthinking it now and I’m tired and utterly confused now :dizzy_face: :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

It’s science and geometry. Well, I’m blaming the gremlins. If boiling the witchcraft out of it doesn’t work I will try to freeze the evil nano bots that are living in between the molecules. :hushed:

6 Likes

About the only other thing I can think of then is that there was a small sliver that chipped off the “suspicious”(Using the quotes to denote your term, not trying to sound like a snot! :slight_smile:) Glass that is used for tanks can sliver-if you’ve ever broken a tank or a piece of Pyrex glass you’ll know what I mean.

@Cutlass92, I used to believe that as well, but I think @SthrnMixer is on the right track. Most new panes of glass are created by floating a continuous sheet of glass on a bed of molten tin(if my memory of How It’s Made is correct. Then again, I did a lot of LDS back in the 60’s…) which is why it has a uniform thickness. Glass made before the Industrial Revolution would be much more apt to have differing thickness in the pane. Check out glass sheets used for stained glass to see the difference. A lot of the glass made for stained glass work is hand mixed and “flattened” by rollers that get the glass close to an even thickness but not near as even as float glass.

2 Likes

I do know what you mean and these are Pyrex glass. It’s in perfect condition though. They’re so small it would be very clear if there was any damage.

Definitely gremlin activity. No doubt about it.

5 Likes

Just stick it outside in a bowl of water at the next full moon😉 That’ll fix it!

6 Likes

Borosilicate glass, the type used on the tanks and also in scientific glass wear will not expand nor contract at the temperatures you or it are exposed to. Maybe in in a 1000 years it would deform a bit. Probable a slight diameter difference on the ends,

2 Likes

Some things just defy explanation. Warning…derail in progress!

When I was a truck driver we got a new Western Star with a Detroit engine. Baddest ass truck in the fleet at the time. I took it out on its maiden voyage, and that trip I was headed down I-26 in South Carolina. Hot day. Then a bird flew into my windshield. I had the windows rolled up and the A/C going. As soon as the bird hit my windshield, a small downy feather floated down in front of me and landed on the floor between my feet. There is no way that feather could have come off that damn bird, but it was as if it went through the windshield. Never did understand how it could have happened.

Point is…well I don’t have a point. Just that some shit you can’t explain.

11 Likes

Salt water right? I guess I could try smudging it too. Maybe all that soaking in cheap vodka has allowed some dirty energy to soak into it?

No! It’s relevant! Glass can be spooky shit. Liguid, solid amorphous spooky shit! We can’t rule anything out. :scream:

5 Likes

Must have been some damn good shrooms.

5 Likes

Just to throw in a note… Earth is flat…

6 Likes

God I miss the whatnots.

5 Likes

Absolutely, salt water! Be sure to drink the blood of a virgin before you begin the ritual, but red wine will work in a pinch. And all of this needs to be done in the nude or it simply won’t work!

And if all else fails, smash that glass on the ground, buy a replacement, and deny any of it ever happened.

3 Likes

Glass is still in a liquid state it never truly hardens completely

1 Like