Explanation of my recent absence

I did some reading after you first started talking about enjoying the PWM builds. So, it’s kind of like regulated/unregulated without a lot of (or need of) safety features. Is that a fair statement?

1 Like

Mark Mathis of voltrove electronics designed these bad boys…they’re super well built!

2 Likes

That is awesome! Just wait please , it is easier for me to comprehend things when I can touch and hold what I am reading about!:grinning:

3 Likes

Screw that! Pop quiz now! Pass or he sends your mod to me.:grinning:

3 Likes

That can definitely be said. These boards have a few features that most PWM boards don’t.
Basically, it’s a way of delivering power. High power.
But, this guy, Mark, made them even better!

2 Likes

How much power can the dual 18650 do?

1 Like

I think he was just testing me , I am pretty sure @Whiterose0818 has already sent it to me in a p.m. but I haven’t read it all yet.
Epic Fail on my part!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Oh, shit…that depends on what kind of batteries and the build type. You would punch it in to ohms law calculator…it can get pretty high.
You want me to punch in a sample and screen cap and post? Or are you gonna do it right quick?

2 Likes

No need. You kind of answered my question. Whatever your batteries can do safely it can deliver and probably more.

1 Like

Yup, you got it! The mosfets on these boards can handle upward to 60 amps. If you do that math, you come up with some pretty big numbers!

2 Likes

I figured if it could do 4s Lipo it was gonna be big. :wink:

If you get a chance post a pic of that green mod next to one of your store bought mods for size reference.

And yes 1 button and a 510 as the only thing outside is sexy sexy! Even like the way you color matched the firing button.

2 Likes

Which store bought mod would you like it next to? I still have a bunch

1 Like

Here is an rx200, my green one and an ipv5:

4 Likes

I will be doing this size soon:

That little red box will actually hold 2 18650s!

5 Likes

Hah, lemme show you how tiny this board is:
Sitting on top of 2 18650s:

That’s the Smart PWM v2.2 board

6 Likes

Perfect picks for reference. Yours is a lot smaller than I was thinking. There’s so many sizes of Hammond boxes I can never guess which one I’m looking at. Stab in the dark is that red one a 1590G? Probably not even close…

P.S. that board’s fricking tiny!

2 Likes

Red one is a 1590a+
The green is a 1590g tall, which is the 1590g height and width but as deep as a 1590b
I also use the 1590g and 1590g+
I have also built a 1590b, but I can fit a 1500 lipo in that one.
I plan on getting a 1300 lipo into the 1590g tall. Need a little more practice first!

2 Likes

i tried out a different guys boards and i hafta say, i really really like em. They dont have the low voltage cutoff like the other ones i been using, so i installed a voltage meter to see the battery voltage, plus a switch to be able to see load voltage(how much voltage is going to 510)…
The battery sled board(board mounted on top of battery sled) mod looks a bit busier due to the travel the wires make…but the lipo version is super clean looking inside.
Pix of the insides and one pic to show voltmeter:

For those that dont know, these things hit hard…REAL hard. The 18650 mod can deliver upward to 8 volts to the 510 and the Lipo mod upwards to 12 volts. I know most people arent vaping that kind of voltage, but its there…and battery life is super impressive!

7 Likes

Love that volt meter…dammit man now I’m gonna have to get you build me another one!!

Lol JK…well…for now :wink:

4 Likes

They do hit hard indeed and they are a very proven design .Provari is another example of a PWM as well as countless others.
I just love the simplicity of being able to physically adjust a slide or dial instead of having to go through a menu or settings.No counting clicks , just hit the fire and adjust to your preference.
This makes it a very versatile mod ,you can go from Tank with simple coils to a fused clapton RDA that would normally have a serious ramp up time.
It’s only limitation is that it doesn’t work with super sub ohm builds.I have my DNA’s and YiHi boards to do that.

I can’t wait to see what the Lipo is like but the dual 18650 battery life was outstanding!

2 Likes