Facebook groups and the rating system

I’ve watched people come and people go here for a long time. Even before I joined. This is the behavior that causes that. We give lip service to appreciating new members then brow beat them until the leave over the slightest things. Not cool. Not cool at all.

13 Likes

tumblr_ljh0puClWT1qfkt17

2 Likes

Uh-oh… the heavy mob are looking for me.:rofl:

1 Like

beweare!!! he is bitting !!! HARRRRRR!!!

2 Likes

so @kreed, you don’t care if this is a great recipe, you don’t care if the guy who posted this recipe is a great mixer but your problem is that too many people (that have already mixed this recipe days ago) liked it? And 5starred it? I thought that this was the purpose of elr. To share recipes and ideas with other mixers. This isn’t why you signed in for?

1 Like

I think its time to close this thread as both sides have expressed their opinions and none of us can do anything about it. If @daath or @JoJo wish to reopen this it is up to them.

I feel if it stays open it will just turn into something ugly and we really dont want that here.

8 Likes

I am still a bit jetlagged, but I’ll chip in.

I’ve also been contacted by people on facebook and here about this issue. I looked briefly into it (as Ken and JoJo probably also has), and didn’t really find any cause for concern, other than for our rating system. More on this later.

9000+ is a good amount :slight_smile: The DIY community as a whole is getting bigger and bigger - And that’s a good thing! :smiley: Just FIY the FB DIY group diyejuicerecipes has 21000+ members :slight_smile: ELR itself has 140000+ members (and each member has a forum user, though only a fraction are active here). The facebook page and user group of ELR is just there, because people expect it to be - The real meat of the ELR-community is centered in this forum (which is MUCH better than facebook :wink:).

In short, I see no problem here. My guess was that it was a big group that released a much awaited recipe.

I’m gonna try to mix a couple of them at some point :slight_smile:

As I wrote, the only problem is the rating system on ELR. Don’t get me wrong, the rating system is much better than other places, but it’s flawed in that it is a “all-time rating”. I have prepared the database to have more ratings like weekly and monthly, but I never finished it. I will finish it, after I fix up the “What can I make”-feature. After than we’ll see a much more dynamic top-list :slight_smile: In fact, I suspect some will be quite disturbed when they see the new top-list…

Anyway! Welcome to the forum - I hope some of you will also be active here :slight_smile:

Oh, and @kreed - A lot of the recipes on the toplist are only there because of facebook groups like VHM, VHB and others - This is the same thing, except it happened a little bit faster :wink:

32 Likes