Fairly new to diy

Hey everyone I first started mixing juice a few months ago. I started with wizard labs a TPA the nic was awful. I just orded nude nic 50 mg VG base and VG from them. Then I ordered all flavor west. Some of my juice I mix up tuemns out awesome but some has no flavor after it steeps up. I use a milk frother to mix it up then let it sit for 5 to 7 days and it seems like it looses flavoe. I mix between 6 to 16 percent flacor .

Some FW flavors are pretty good and some arent, same goes with all flavoring manufacturers. Personally i use only two or three FW flavorings, i prefer Lorann, TPA/CAP/FA/INW.

FW suggests between 10%-20% flavor usage depending on the flavoring. Thats a lot of carrier liquid which is generally PG or alcohol. Alcohol based flavorings seem to loose their potency quicker, just my observation and weak PG based flavorings bother the crap out of my throat and chest.

I would like to suggest Capella Flavor Drops, Lorann, TFA, FlavourArt and Inawera. FLV (Flavorah) makes some great flavorings as well. FA, Lorann, FLV, INW and many CAP flavorings are much stronger than FW. Im not saying FW is bad, their Cinnamon Roll and Butter Pecan are out of this world. Im just pointing out that each vendor has some good and bad, dont stick with just one.

There is someone here who uses a LOT of FW flavoring, perhaps they can help with specifics.

2 Likes

I am also new to diy, but have been using wizard labs nic, vg and get my flavors from them. I have been solely using TFA/TPA and capella, i have had loranns but have not been able to come up with a good mixture using it. I’m using a simple TFA mix and capella mix as my all day vapes.

for steeping i just vigorously shake the liquids and then i put them into a warm water bath until the water is cool/room temp. then i put the nicotine in while the juice is still warm and shake more, then breath for 1 day. then its good for adv, IMO. but like i said i am also new to this DIY but it has been working for me and i havent purchased any eliquids for a week now. =)

Good luck and vape on!!!

4 Likes

What they said! And just to throw my 2c in, it sounds like you’re using a high VG mix, and word on the grapevine is that VG doesn’t carry flavor as well as PG so you may have to go up in % a little. I can’t verify this personally, as I mix in high PG (lucky not to have issues with it I guess). Like @Ken_O_Where said, I would definitely suggest trying some different flavor manufacturers until you find what you’re looking for. I did solely TPA for a long time (almost a year!) and never could come up with that perfect juice I was looking for. Then I got some Capella’s and things got a little better. Then I found this place (ELR) and Flavor Art and I finally feel like I’m getting some really good mixes. Hang in there and keep at it! It’s definitely worth it. :smile:

5 Likes

I suggest doing a taste test before you steep and see if it had flavor from the start. Flavor shouldn’t fade in 1 week. If its weak before you steep you may need to up the %s. Also watch your additives/enhancements, some tend to dull flavors.

4 Likes

That gets easier to pass up as your mixes start to kick butt!

3 Likes

Wow thanks guys I used Lorain and didn’t like it I couldn’t get the right flavor. I always test my juice after I make it. Its got tons of flavor but wen it steeped it lost it but ill try some other company’s for sure but there is a few fw flavors that are awesome like the rainbow candy.but ill give fa and cap a try. What a good site to by it from ecigexpress doesent have alot of flavors im lookin for. And should I put it in hot water after I mix it up the add nic. I run max vg also I dont like of just wats in the flavor.

1 Like

Bull CityVapor, Wizard Labs, ECX all carry a good variety of flavors. I have bought a lot from Bull City and they ship super fast. I almost always have it in 3 days from the time I order. Their nicotine is very good too and their prices are reasonable

3 Likes

Yours truly :wink: put together a list of prices from all the major vendors, and if you’re in the US I found Bull City to have the best prices for flavors unless you want Flavour Art, which is cheapest at ECX and Lorann which is cheapest from lorannoils.com or ECX.

6 Likes

I checked out bull city last night I think im gonna make an order there for sure. They had a big selection of flavors.

2 Likes

Remember that discount code ELRECIPES gives you 5% off :slight_smile: Not much, but everything counts, right? :smile:

5 Likes

So I just for my order from ECX i ordered it last Friday and got it Monday I was so stoked. I for some fa, cap and a few fw I liked so far they are pretty good right after mixing now I have to get the percentages right.

4 Likes

If you click on any flavor in a recipe it usually have single and mixed flavor average %. The most come flavor format is for example: Vanilla Custard (TPA). If you enter your recipe flavors like this you should get more info in the notes section. It will also help keep your flavor stash neat and in order. Good luck… It only get better from here.

2 Likes

Ive been play in around with the flavors alot. So far so good except a few that have alcohol in them they are gonna steep a week or so before I try it again. So I want to know if im missing a step if you guys will help me out. First I weigh oit my vg then the flavors then I add the nic. After its all in the container I use a frother on my drill I mix it up for 2 minutes or so then put it in a glass jar and let it sit open for an hour or so. After that I seal it up and put it in a drawer for 24 hours and repeat the mixing process. Then I let it steep for 5 days to a week. Anything else I should do.

1 Like

You do way more than I do, so I would say no. :stuck_out_tongue: For serious, I think it sounds like you’ve got this in the bag.

Sweet thanks jojo

The only thing I would add is putting your nicotine in last in case you screw up a mix you won’t waste yoour nicotine.

EDIT: I’m a big dummy… that’s how you have it listed. Sorry about that.

I always put it in last because of that reason lol I don’t want to waste the most expensive part

1 Like

Sounds like you have it all together. :thumbsup:

Those that have alcohol all you really need to do is warm them say strawberry pretty much one of the higher content alcohol concentrates ( by smell any how ) .I mix my batch go to the sink run water til it’s warm but not steaming hot in a bowl .you’ll want one that has a flatter bottom tuber ware would work and warm your batch for 30 minutes .take out shake until the mix is really bubbly and repeat 2-3 times. Let it air / breath for 1-8 hours ( strawberry I let breath cap off at least 4 hours / watermelon LA 8 hours ) this plus your drill set up will mix it up better than shaking. This will help shorten your steeping time !

2 Likes