Fall & Winter Recipes 2018! (WIP & Favorites)

I don’t have a good name for this one, but it’s a riff of Sparky’s “Butterscotch Bliss”, with some modifications. As usual, I use my wife as a bellweather for how these work out, because I tend to like more varieties and will accept more than she does. And, she is not a fan of ‘dark’ flavored juices for the most part. She reported that she really likes it, which is a huge surprise to me.

This is the first one I added MF Acacia Honey to. MF AH is probably the most potent concentrate I’ve encountered. A little, like a few tiny molecules :rofl:, goes a long way. Only a few drops really. Anyway, my wife reports that it is, and I quote, “Rich, deep, and robust”. So that puts it in the Fall category. She reported a coffee note and really liked the floral sweetness of the MF AH. The Stevia stone is the 7% dilution in PG most people seem to use. And it really isn’t as butterscotch forward as the recipe insinuates. It’s more of a melding of deep, rich flavors is the best I can describe it. “Robust” works. Anyway, here it is.

Torrent

4.00% Butterscotch (FW)
0.60% Butterscotch (MF)
0.55% Caramel (MF)
0.25% Dark Chocolate (MF)
1.50% Graham Cracker (Clear) (TPA)
0.05% Honey, Acacia (MF)
1.15% Salted Caramel (FW)
1.00% Stevia (stone)
0.80% Vanilla (MF)

Flavor total: 9.9%

10 Likes

Just for my preference… I test at 1 month… Any flavor that can’t hold up for a month is a failure IMO.

I like mixing my favorite recipes in big batches so I don’t spend half my life mixing.

My minimum test is 30 mls, but most times they are 60.

Again just me… I vape test everything on my daily rig… (no drippers). I’ve found drippers and tanks can offer 2 different profiles of the same mix/flavor.

I always vape a full tank of every taste test. Usually by then I can fully gauge what I have.

6 Likes

Very nice flavor description… I haven’t tried Dark Choc MF that low… how does it hold up?

5 Likes

With ultras tho, you really do not need to wait a month…
Fruits (plain) are done in 3 days…
Even custards and tobaccos, by days 5-7 and what I term “locked in” not going to change too much after that.
Beyond that 3-7 days, it will only get better till it is gone.

I hate to vape juices that are older than a few months. To me… if it isn’t gone in a hurry… I am not interested anymore. there are too many flavors to play with, and I just can’t wait… I have zero patience, and waiting tolerance doesn’t exist to me. Oh look . Squirrel! :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

It’s there. I don’t know if it’s being supported by other agents, but that note is probably what my wife felt was the ‘coffee’ hint. I like it but it’s just a teenie little sample so I can’t do much else with it.

7 Likes

Probably so… I like mixing with MF Extracts and most of them are pretty ultra also. Some have a weird steep pattern where they tend to fade after a week or so and comeback smoother and stronger after about 3-4 weeks. I know it sounds a bit crazy, but I’ve witness this weird steep pattern that some MFs go through. So considering that I just leave them alone for a month… whether it’s needed or not.

As for ejuice longevity… I really like old juice, especially those with mf in them. If they make it to 4 months then they really become golden. Here’s one that’s beyond a year old and it’s still great… much better than early on…

6 Likes

I have heard that on mf flavors… in fact was friends with Joshua when he ran Open Source Vaping… He had a fantastic idea… however https://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_cigarette/comments/4pd1kv/open_source_vapor_closing/

I have messed around with mf to an extent, it just never stuck with me.

3 Likes

Looks very nice bud! :thumbsup:

4 Likes

Mixing this up soon. Hoping it turns out as good as it sounds!

4 Likes

UPDATE

The v1 of this mix is too mild for my taste. You would think that this mix would be flavorful with the number of flavors used, but I’m having a very hard time detecting the profile I’m shooting for. I need to step up the prime flavors in this mix because it’s really lacking that “OH WOW” punch I was hoping for. Less is less for this mix so far.

Here’s the v2 tweaks…

Yam & Apple Gingerbread Cake v2

Ingredient %
Butter (FA) *Bumped Up to* 0.50
Cantaloupe (MF) *Added for Yam Support* 0.60
Frosting (Flavorah) *Bumped Up to* 0.35
Gingerbread (CAP) *Bumped Up to* 2.20
Green Apple (MF) 0.60
Holy Vanilla (DIYFS) *Bumped Up to* 0.80
Honey (FA) *Added for a dark sweetener* 0.12
Pound Cake (Flavorah) *Bumped Up to* 0.80
Pumpkin Spice (Flavorah) *Doubled* 0.30
Yam (Flavorah) *Doubled* 1.00

Flavor total: 7.67%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!
8 Likes
7 Likes

I’m not happy with it yet. I can taste the espresso but barely taste any chocolate. I either have to up the percentage or mix in another chocolate.
It is also lacking in body, so I have to find something else to add.
Back to the drawing board :unamused:

4 Likes

Well, I finally got a decent tasting Pumpkin thing to happen. And, it only took 8 months to steep out the over-bearing notes from the 1% Pumpkin Pie NF! Haha! That stuff is potent! I tried it at .5% in a mix this season, and it still seems too high. Going for .12% and .25% next. I like it, but it’s just very potent to me.

7 Likes

On second thought, after vaping it for a bit, 8 months was not enough to fix this mix. Far better than early-on, but still too heavy on the Pumpkin. Down the drain it goes! Nic was fairly oxidized, anyway, so not worth diluting.

4 Likes

I have one on the back burner for three weeks now called Hi Honey (me again with the awesome names :grimacing:) that I hope mellows because it’s probably going to be a good Fall/Winter mix. Really heavy. May take eight months though because it has MF Acacia Honey and FA Butter in it!

6 Likes

This is a WIP thread, after all… bear that in mind with this project. Smells a treat so far but I haven’t got up the nerve to test it yet. So I misremembered the name, it’s Hello Honey (equally clever as Hi Honey). May be a bit heavy on the vanilla but I figured it needed a bit of a baseball bat rather than a toothpick to slap a little mellowing agent into it. 3.3%, yet it smells like 333% flavor.

10 Likes

Revisit and notes to explain why I didn’t use 50 flavors to make this, This is a layered recipe and true to its name …and to assure everyone that no flavors have been overrun.

I revisited today 9/25/18 using Wasp Nano 22ohm @ 40 watts and more than pleased with this, a few changes on the next batch, but not much.
I will go into detail to explain why I used these flavors instead of using 50 flavors to make this.
Butter Pecan Praline Ice Cream (Purilum) - @ 2.00 % this is a accent to help the Carrot Cake have buttery rich pecan flavor. no ice cream here.
Carrot Cake - Vape Train Australia - @ 3.25 %, even at this low % I can taste Carrot Cake , all the other flavors contribute to building this Carrot Cake that I wanted.
Cream Cheese Icing - LorAnn Flavors - @ 1.25 % adds to the Carrot Cake to give it that frosted cream flavor.
Eggnog (Flavorah) - @ 1.25 % this also adds to the Carrot Cake with a holiday spice.
Pumpkin Spice FLV - @ 1.25 % This gives that Pumpkin SMILE and adds a little clove and cinnamon that makes the carrot cake Shine and a pleasure to vape
Warm Custard VTA @ 1.75 % at this low % is just an accent to the eggnog, Both helping the Carrot Cake with a creamy mouthfeel.
Yam (Flavorah) - @ .25 % gives a candied yam flavor that also plays well with the Carrot Cake
The Vienna Cream can be left out, but its not hurting anything
Sweetner is strictly forbidden.

This recipe is the property of Mix and Hope and released under the CC Attribution-Noncommercial 4.0 license. You may not copy, derive or commercialize this recipe without following the terms of this license or the explicit permission of the creator. Should not be used in conjunction with ATF because of mafia backgrounds and shenanigans going on!!! Don’t Flip Over, just a joke, hummer is life, Smile…:wink:

8 Likes

This v2 is simplified and toned-down from the original. I’m thinking it would fit in on a Christmas treat table nicely. Pretty good right off the scale, now @ 6 days the Nuts and Caramel are coming into focus and the MM is more real. Should be nice and gooey in about 3 more weeks.

The % seem a little high, but I want a vibrant mix and Caramel RFSC is pretty delicate in its normal range, it gets real around 3%, Cream Milky VG also needs more than I see most use the PG version.

Anyway!blahblah :smile: this is showing lots of promise!

11 Likes

exactly what I wanted,… did not want to mix 5 single flavors to achieve a buttery pecan flavor. a lot of recipes are not mixed with one single flavor…if you have one flavor that can take the place of 5, oh yeah, I’m there…

yep, 1 bottle = 5 flavors, I will take it all day long…

Yam is not a cream, check the notes, or do a SFT.,… Custard at very low % for VTA is just a accent,…Eggnog adds another spice to the Carrot Cake.

My next recipe will be different, I got a solid base that bends and blends with the profile, my % will change.

3 Likes

Sorry for the misunderstanding, but I was speaking of these as the 3 creams.
Ice Cream, Vienna Cream (FA), Eggnog

Looking back at this now, I should’ve kept my comments to myself… sorry again M&H.

6 Likes