FDA announces new restrictions on Vaping

I think it will be some time before major regulations actually go through. However, when it does happen, the hardy and industrious vapers will know how to keep getting or making their own supplies. The government might make nicotine more expensive and harder to obtain, but you can make your own nicotine in less than 48 hours with NET methods. I can’t see them regulating flavoring; the food industry would put a stop to that. VG and PG has been around since before 1900 with no regulations. Box mods are easy enough to make. Batteries will always be around. You get the picture. The government will get their dime, if they see a dime can be made. But, making noise as consumers is our right! Make noise when and if you can.

4 Likes

Your completely right Jim. Just like Hank Jr says… A country boy can survive! I live in Eastern Ky. Nothing but redneck country boys here plus the number one crop in this area happens to be tobacco. I have thought many times about growing my own and make nic juice myself.

2 Likes

Thing is, even if you do join Casaa (I am a member) you need to keep an eye on your state legislature - the last time NM voted on an e-cig regulation, I received an e-mail about it the very morning of the meeting - I know there is no way my representative saw my thoughts on the issue before the meeting or the vote.

Join Casaa, follow their calls to arms, but keep up with your state news, too. Casaa doesn’t always give timely warnings about the legislative process.

3 Likes

DIY TOBACCO E JUICE on the Facebook, for you, is a great group to start following if you want to learn NET. Great bunch of members who really are there to help if needed. I want to start NET myself soon, seeing as how they say he flavor of the tobacco is so much better than the artificially produced tobacco Flavors purchased from most any of the flavor vendors. It’s basically steeping real, untreated tobacco in PG or VG for x-amount of days or weeks, and straining it well. Bam! You have a naturally extracted tobacco product ready to mix and vape.

The only question is the nicotine and the equipment to vape it with. Remember all other ingredients are found in food.

Yea i heard they were going to try to limit the nicotine down to where the highest mg you could get your hands on was 24mg. I don’t know how true this is. Have you heard anything on the proposed regulations of the equipment?

1 Like

Approximately one year and these regs WILL take effect. It’s not near as far away as you think. I’m guessing that we may still be able to buy diluted nicotine as a consumer. We can buy cigs, so why not. I personally use nicotine to scour the scum from my shower stall, and boy look at that shine LOL.

Truth be told now is the time to ween ourselves from the nicotine. It still will taste great (actually even better) without the nicotine in your blends. I have been doing it for a few months now 2mgs per 100ml of juice. I see absolutely no difference when switching to the next lower nic batch. Can’t say this for sure but I believe I vape a little more at first when I take each step down. Level off before 1/2 the 100mls is used and am ready for the next drop by the time I finish the 100mls. I am at this time at 6mg nic with about 1/3 a 100ml bottle left. Be at 4mg soon. If we no longer need the nicotine, they can not stop us from blending juice. One Problem SOLVED.

Problem #2. Equipment.

This I see as the biggest problem. As some have stated here, many of us could fairly easily make mods and batteries will never go away. Not everyone has the knowledge, or the tools required to make your own mod. Many do not have the will to want to make their own. Ok, let’s ignore all that and just say everyone learned how and now have made their mod and are ready to get a tank. How do you make a tank or RDA, without a machine shop? Tough question to answer I would think…

Did anyone actually watch the video The War On Vapeing above? Though this guy is a bit rough around the edges, and quite frankly, pissed off, he made some valid points. It has always been human nature to do what they damn well please. Remember prohibition? Made alcohol illegal, right. What did the people do, they drank anyway. What are we all talking about doing, vapeing anyway. The day these regs go into effect will be the day that black market vape supplies will begin. The vaping underground if you will.

Need a tank, not to worry. Your local drug dealer has them in all shapes, sizes, and colors. I hear that prostitute on the corner even has a few. Did you hear about that machine shop over in Hickstown that got busted for making RDAs? And what about that guy crossing the border with 5000 RDAs and assorted tanks in his back pack. I hear they gave him 20 years.

Guys, Gals, to some degree I’m joking about this. But I ask you this, is this the POSSIBLE future of vapeing?

6 Likes

I started this topic and really like everyone’s input.I didn’t know how hot a topic this was.Thanks to all for your comments.Now I just have to sit back and shake my head at the thought of how the government is trying to regulate Vaping but meanwhile letting Co and DC legalize pot.They must be loving the taxes they are getting and I’m sure the scum bag lawyers are drooling for more lawsuits ,because they just opened the door for lawsuits of people causing accidents while high.Just my opinion.

1 Like

The government is finally realizing how much money can be made on the legalization of pot. Hard sell to the American public, but it’s happening. Why not make money on pot rather than spend money trying, in vain, to keep a lid on it. I’m sure the folks in Washington have put pen to paper, run the numbers and realize they could come out way ahead if pot is legal. Tax the crap out of it! Alas, vaping, as harmless as it is, will follow the same course.

1 Like

I would almost bet you there’s less pot related accidents than there are involving the older generation (above age 70).

Next week there’s going to be a 20% tax increase on anything containing sucrose because of all the diabetes it’s helping along. Lets see how that one would fly over with the American public. Needless to say the only way to fight this is for a majority outcry and to let the people know hey, if you plan on passing anything involving additional taxes on specific products that involve vaping… you just lost our vote to remain in office.

1 Like

Heads Up Illinois!!!

Opposed to HB 3362 ban on the sale of flavored e-liquid and e-cigarettes resulting in a class A misdemeanor.

1 Like

Signed it.

2 Likes

I’m not sure if my vote counts since I’m in KY but I signed anyway.

On another note: If they ban flavored e~liquid, I propose they also ban flavored alcohol, flavored candy, flavored gum, flavored water, And right on down the line.

3 Likes

How 'bout that candy flavored vodka? I find it amazing that e-liquid in flavors is the root of all evil, but candy-flavored alcohol is just hunky-dory. What are these people smoking?

4 Likes

I wish I could laugh at that. But there is a disturbing grain of truth to it - and that is why I’m sort of a “prepper” where my vaping is concerned, and why I’m on here learning to mix my own liquids. It is why I prefer tanks that I can rebuild myself, rather than those with preferential coils. I also buy at least one new mod and tank or RDA every month. I want to have a good collection of gear if the government cracks down on vaping, or simply taxes it until it is out of reach for anyone but the richest among us.

Am I absurd and a bit delusional? Even paranoid? I hope so. I hope so with all my heart.

4 Likes

Hey XAN, they are politicians from DC and must be vacationing in Aspen.LOL

Oregon has similar bill proposed. Only diy favors to be sold are tobacco and menthol.
@Jimk , I Signed your petition.

Xan; notice I said to some degree I’m joking. That is key. Don’t know if you have noticed from some of my posts here and there but I have a Vape Shop. I am one of those small businesses that will be put out of business. Believe me, I’m not laughing. If this law takes effect as written, I see absolutely no way any vape shop can stay in business. If we can not sell equipment we’re screwed…Yeah, I threw in a few jokes but I think you know where my true feelings are on this subject. I’m downright worried about my future…

2 Likes

Rignling , that sucks.Do you have a website and ship? I would through some orders your way to help you out.

2 Likes

Thanks for your concern and kind offer. No did the website thing for years and am glad to get away from it. I am doing fine at this time. Just worried when the SHIT HITS THE FAN, as they say…

1 Like