FDA Ban in Convenience Stores and Gas Stations?

1 Like

Why they donā€™t just fine the crap out of 7-11 for underage sales, as the law already specifiesā€¦They could make this correction by increasing enforcement on underage sellingā€¦

Howeverā€¦ maybe the bright side is Vapeshops will get a new boom in clients!

7 Likes

Great article and boy do they go overboard :nauseated_face:

I have one issue with this article though.

ā€œTobacco flavors are awful. You do not have harm reduction with these products.ā€

Iā€™m looking for the ā€˜offendedā€™ emoji but I donā€™t think there is one, I guess these ones will have to do :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_thermometer: :face_with_head_bandage:

:wink:

6 Likes

I guess FDA should start selling cigarettes in cigarette shops only

8 Likes

Thereā€™s no bright side when the gubment steps in.

Do they plan to ban cigarettes there as well? You know, actually dangerous things?

4 Likes

Yeah, I totally understand the ridiculousness of this action. That part about the brightside was a little tongue-in-cheek, but it could actually be an unintended boon to the B&Mā€™s.

5 Likes

They wonā€™t let that boon last, for sure. This is yet another very thinly veiled show of support for Big Tobacco and Big Pharma at the expense, yet again, of public health done in the name of public safety. An absolute joke.

Seriouslyā€” ban vape sales in gas stations yet continue to allow cigarette sales? No one can actually see the hand being played?

8 Likes

And NY to ban flavor vapes too:

https://nypost.com/2018/11/08/new-york-to-ban-flavored-e-cigarettes-next-year/

I hate Cuomo! I wanna just slap the crap out of him

4 Likes

Another paid shill. If they were truly interested in public health and safety, they would also ban cigarettes (any tobacco products) and alcohol. Some folks may not believe in good versus evil, but this is pure evil. Selling out the publicā€™s health to pacify BT/BP disgusts me.

6 Likes

Things like this make no sense to me, but I mean why should it make sense to anyone and at the end itā€™s Californiaā€¦ People canā€™t be helped here anymore lol.

First they started in other counties/cities and surprisingly it passed in most of the ā€œhippyā€ cities.

San marin county was set for a hearing in the middle of nov. and scheduled for a overall vote by the end of nov.

Guess they didnā€™t like to wait or thought that itā€™s safe to assume a outcome in their favor, before the actual hearings.

So they issued this:

I could care less I donā€™t live in that county but man I canā€™t wait to get out of this horrible stateā€¦one day :frowning:

4 Likes

Sorry to hear that, but one day ā€¦

2 Likes

No worries I work hard for that. I could go right now, but maybe Iā€™m too german, I like a good safety net just in case things go wrong. I also like to look at different states first and what not. But more difficult to accomplish that. In other words Iā€™m not adventurous enough to just aim for the next ā€œbestā€ state and pray it works out lol

2 Likes

I see it as the stepping stone for the bigger ban they have planned Phil. Itā€™s why some vape companies are backing out of online sales. This is a sad sad day for vapers.

3 Likes

No question itā€™s far from over. BT/BP want vaping dead and they will stop at nothing to pay off the right people. Itā€™s such an obvious sham that frankly Iā€™m constantly amazed at the indifference/ignorance of sheeple who have no clue what a targeted overreach it is.

4 Likes

Join the club

3 Likes

https://www.wsj.com/articles/juul-to-stop-sales-of-most-flavored-e-cigarettes-in-retail-stores-1541784238

2 Likes

Not just thatā€¦ But the irony of such a minuscule amount of infractions being blown out of proportions.

How many convenience stores are in California alone? 10,000? 50,000?
Yet only 1300 citations.

Might as well say ā€œok, there was a 10 percent* violation rate in California.ā€
But not a single one in the rest of the country. :roll_eyes:

*= assuming there were only 13,000 convenience storesā€¦ (which almost has to be a gross underestimation on my part).

I mean seriously, the numbers are worthless without further facts. And whatā€™s worse is that the FDA is going to unchecked, and draconian lengths. /smh

Just disgusting.

3 Likes

NY was in the shitter WAY before Cuomo.

Remember FSC cigarettes?
Yeah. Thank New York for those as well.

4 Likes

Remember when NY banned soda in larger then 20 oz for a few months because they thought it made kids fat. NY is the east coast verson of California

4 Likes

Soooooo weā€™re banning ecigs from stores and gas stations because theyā€™re selling them to minors without checking their IDā€™s, right ?? What ELSE is being sold without checking IDā€™s to the minors as well I wonder ā€¦

2 Likes