FDA Deeming regulations are published

They should be onboard if they were smart. After all, why would you want the little guy out of business when you have to rely on them to sell your juice.Talk about screwing yourself. They should be on the up and up…

It’s a good argument. And pipe cleaners and … it could go on forever.

Small business is a pretty broad definition, that just means less than 50 employees?

The Chinese have way too much to lose with this thing. Once they get involved… Ha!

1 Like

Trump will negotiate…

1 Like

Ha, Good one !!!

1 Like

I’m stealing a chunk of that to send to my US Rep. :slight_smile:

I tried to explain this to my 10-year-old. She said “We should take down the government!” LoL. She thinks kids would make better laws. :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

I’m gonna steal this and use it quite a bit. Hope that’s ok with you!!

1 Like

No doubt in my mind they probably could

5 Likes

This is correct, although I cannot seem to find the link right now.

1 Like

Eating Popcorn

3 Likes

The FDA’s regulation contain specific provisions to aid small business in navigation the quagmire that is this regulation in total. The definition of small business, according to the regs are companies with with fewer than 150 employees, and gross receipts of less than $5M, if I recall what I read correctly. Now, I’ve worked in small business, and I would surmise there are very few companies with near or over 100 employees that don’t gross less than $5M annually. The company I worked at for 11 years had at most 62 full timers, and our worst year was $7.2M.

Be that as it may, I do not know the financials of NicoPur, and whether or not they meet the FDA’s test of being a small business or not At this stage, I don’t think it matters, because even if they are just successful in getting the court to file an injunction on the regulation such that more sensible minds and cooler heads can review it in its entirety, then that is a winning first step for the vaping community.

2 Likes

Your message is confusing. Who are “them,” and to what date are “they” pushing back? If you called the FDA, then you were ill advised at best, and purposefully dosed disinformation to help reduce their call volume.

I suggest you download and read the 499-pages of the regulation itself, if you have not already, and become better informed. Small vape shops, especially those who mix their own in-house juices, will most certainly be NEGATIVELY affected by these regulations.

I think we all need to be in this together right now; larger outfits and manufacturers all the way down to your LVS on the corner down the street from your home, need to become a united front.

2 Likes

According to the USDOL and BLS, yes, but according to the FDA, its 150.

This is getting REAL GOOD. We should have gotten a pop too !!!

Great, glad I could help.

You can run a huge company with 150 Employees.

I can only repeat what they FDA said this morning.
I know everyone’s upset…especially if your selling ejuice to family and friends or for a living. However, we all know the priority is the money and trying to get all this passed before the masses understand what they’re up too.
Originally my call to the FDA was intended to just tie up a little of their time and explain how vaping helped me stop smoking cigs for the last year.
Question asked first, “Can I still go to the Vape store and purchase ejuice and the equipment after the dead line?” FDA said "Yes, they are still working out the details and they(fda) are going to delay the date until most companies can get prepared."
They (FDA) understands that it going to take several years to implement the new policy.
Then I asked if they think vaping is better than smoking?
They said (FDA) we have had many doctors calling since the release stating we (FDA) are making a bad decision about ecigs and should reconsider our policy until more studies can be done.
I said yea!! You folks over there at the FDA gonna make me go back on them cancer sticks for some ridiculous reason. Whats the reason again?
They (FDA) said its because …
Long pause…
I said, did that stump you?
They FDA said, oh no sir, is there any way we can get your information and we’ll give it to our second tier personal and they will call you back and answer any question you may have.
I said ok.

To find out how that call went tune in later…

3 Likes

If I didn’t work M-F 8-5, I would be tying up their switchboard too. Clearly, the rep who took the call has not a clue about the regulation as to its effect on products in the marketplace. Basically, come August 10th, 2018, any current product on the market, for which a PMTA has not been filed, must be pulled from the market and will not be available for sale within the USA.

Also, no new products can be introduced to the market after August 10th, 2016, period. Therefore, innovation and further safeguards in new hardware products are essentially banned until, and if the FDA approves a product where the manufacturer bothered to file a PMTA with all the backup documentation required.

The reason they could not answer your third question, as valid as it may be, is because the FDA regards your decision to go back to tobacco cigarettes as a personal choice, and one they have no control over. The irony, of course, is that your decision to vape to get off the stinkies, is also a personal choice, which they are now trying to take away from you (us).

Infuriates me to no end…

4 Likes