FDA Deeming regulations are published

I just wrote my Senator again as he is actually responding to me. @ringling I copied and pasted here and there of your fine work thank you it kept me on par so I didn’t start screaming and swearing :wink:

5 Likes

This is exactly the point I made earlier. These people are not going to be qualified to answer questions on 499 pages of regulations. They are nothing more than glorified phone answering people. I kinda feel for them. They don’t know shit and everyone’s pissed at them. What a job. Again, I’ll wait till Casaa and those folks sort this out for a clear picture of the regs…

3 Likes

Amen brother…If I have learned nothing else in my 60 years on earth it is to wait until I have a good understanding and a clear head before I become reactive to any issue concerning something this complex to understand.

What we need to do is financially support the organizations that are now coming together to fight this fight. They are going to need a ton of money behind them to tackle all the court battles ahead. Believe me, even small contributions from a community this large add up very quickly. I am sure there are going to be many lawsuits filled before we see the end of this. This is only round one of a whole bunch of rounds to come.

I intend to wait for CASAA to release what there team of lawyers figure out and then support them as I always have.

2 Likes

That’s exactly what I thought. Just the very fact that the lawsuit is being brought - by anyone - is a good thing. Even if taken on by large companies, the effect, if successful, will ripple out across the industry as a whole. Just as Big Tobacco, Big Pharma, and so-called Public Health concerns can work together for the same results despite different motivations, we can beat them at their own game by working together, both large and small vaping companies, to achieve a similar aim.

1 Like

Great article right here from Dr. Michael Siegel. I urge everyone to read it.

Also, here is a video of an interview with him…

4 Likes

Analysis of the FDA Deeming Regulations by SFATA, found here:

http://sfata.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/SFATADeemingReuglationsAnalysis.pdf

2 Likes

There is a really big “Report Corruption” button near the bottom of this page:

1 Like

Good article and helpful. This essentially tells me a Vape Shop can get away with blending their own juices until Dec. 31, 2016 On this date a manufacturer will have to submit a list of all products. It’s doubtful Vape Shops would do this. Labeling rules will be in effect as well. Most already say they contain nicotine but size of font must be at least 12 point. Again it is said the No nicotine Ejuice will be exempt from the regs. Being given to Dec. 31, 2016 will help Vape Shops switch over from house blends to Premium Blends by the big guys. The unfortunate thing is the cost to the consumer just skyrocketed…

1 Like

Only if it is “not intended” to be used in a deemed “tobacco product” as defined by the FDA, and is considered in-scope.

Again, from pg. 222
“Also, as stated earlier, nicotine-free e-liquid that is intended or reasonably expected to be used with or for the human consumption of tobacco products in most cases would be a component or part of a tobacco product and, therefore, within the scope of this rule. These products will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.”

JoJo, our kids would make better laws because adolescents only have what is important in their minds and even more so in their hearts. I’d trust a kid over any politician on any day.

3 Likes

So, are you saying if you sell ecigarettes (MODS, TANKS) then 0mg nic juice becomes a tobacco product? I think we all know the ejuice will be used in a ecigarette even at 0mg.

An LVS that mixes an in-house juice would be a “tobacco product Manufacturer.” Labeling standards go into effect on August 8, 2016. Since a “mom & pop” LVS that custom mixes juices, EACH BOTTLE will have a slight variation over the previous bottle, and is therefore a NEW “tobacco product” which is prohibited by the regulation, to be introduced into the market after 8/8/16.

At least this is how I understand it. I could be wrong, I surely have been before. It’s a real grey area for sure.

1 Like

Yes, exactly, and that is why the FDA has used the language they did.

1 Like

I’m thinking (and I too have been wrong) that there is going to have to be something like:

But vape related on each and every bottle, and whom ever makes it will most likely have to have MSDS sheets on each item at their shop.

BTW that is Wonder Bread

I’m still baffled by that phrase. Does it mean used in conjunction with tobacco products? In proximity to tobacco products? As a simulacrum of the use of tobacco products? Wouldn’t candy cigarettes (if they still existed) fall under this rule too?

1 Like

They do still exist… haha
http://www.amazon.com/World-Confections-97-Candy-Cigarettes/dp/B000BXSRT2

5 Likes

@Alisa - OMG - my childhood just passed before my eyes. I might have to order me some LOL!

1 Like

That factory was on the block I grew up on. The smell of the sugar was always present.

1 Like

My mother worked at the Lifesavers Plant… Sugar, sugar, sugar - yuck!

1 Like

To me - that’s not gonna fly because there is no drug in it.