FDA Deeming regulations are published

Sledge hammer? More like an orbital nuke! :rage:

3 Likes

@sillyrabbit, would you post a link to what you saw pleaseā€¦

Iā€™m eating right this second bro. I will see if can find it again.

1 Like

Sorry it took so long bro. I will be damned I canā€™t frickin find it now. I know it was a SFATA page. But now I canā€™t find it. Uggggg thatā€™s frustrating

I did find this while searching "notes from the SFATA teleconference"
http://www.thevapersden.com/index.php?topic=11847.0

3 Likes

Prayer never hurts. Just sayinā€™ā€¦

4 Likes

Thank you @BoyHowdy.

3 Likes

If only it were that simple - less scripts. My cynicism runs much deeper than simple doctor visits. Ever see what they charge for chemotherapy drugs? And you know once a cancer patient has had chemotherapy, about 10 days later their immune system is non-existent, so now they need Neupogen or Neulasta or some other shit to help rebuild bone marrow. My son was on the Neulasta and that was a one-time post-chemo shot that rang in at like $5,000. Of course it was a new treatment but stillā€¦$5,000 for 5cc of any liquid is egregious. Not to worry though Pfizer or whoever the hell else is raking in the cash, the Good Olā€™ US Govā€™t will do all they can to insure as many cancer patients as possible are there to secure your financial future.

4 Likes

In a Nutshell

1: 46 states out of fifty collect money from the tobacco companies based on the amount of tobacco sold in said state. This is over that lawsuit over costing the states extra money for health care for those sickened by tobacco. Not sure why 4 states are not collecting but suspect they settled for a lump sumā€¦

2: The US government taxes tobacco plus the states collect sin tax on tobacco products. This rate goes up every time they need a couple of extra bucksā€¦

3: Big Pharma realizes that a healthier America now and more so in the future cuts into profits.

4: Big Pharma sees a loss in sales of Nicotine patches, gums, and medicines geared toward quitting smoking.

5: Itā€™s now a known fact that Big Pharmaā€™s money is getting politicians elected these days and not necessarily Big Tobacco as we once believed. The FDA will bend over backwards for these guys. More than likely if Big Pharmaā€™s not happy, theyā€™ll choose to support someone elseā€¦

6: The AMA will swing with the money flowā€¦

7: The Tobacco companies themselves are losing moneyā€¦

So, in a nutshell, people who are quitting smoking are taking money from US Government, Big Tobacco, Big Pharma, all 50 States, Politicians, and many other smaller entities not mentioned. I think theyā€™re pissed. Vaping truly works to quit smoking and they just plain donā€™t want that for Americaā€¦

9 Likes

Nicely saidā€¦ that is the bottom line on where we stand in this

1 Like

Yes I thought of that too after I posted but am finding out that it is lots of things between Big Pharma and Big Tobacco. But Iā€™d like to point out that when ever possible, Big Pharma gets their ole buddy the FDA to do what ever is necessary to regulate their competition out of business. This is itself is unconstitutional but it seems that doesnā€™t even matter anywhere any more so ā€œfree enterpriseā€ wonā€™t happen unless you are part of a huge government criminal organization. They can stick their regulation up their ass because I can now make my own mods and juice. As far as nicotine, I am using o now, I only like flavors now and if I want a stimulant in my e-liquid there are ways. I will always help smokers transition to vaping even if it the ā€œmanā€ makes it illegal. The way i see things, what they are doing is illegal so the can f@#k themselves. Karmaā€™s going to be a real bitch for themā€¦

1 Like

Very interesting and well-balanced point of view regarding vaping in these times:

1 Like

You are marvelous.

2 Likes

I agree and believe they wont actually stop us from doing anything.

I personally think they are going to use this to take down the little guys and tax the living $#%^#@ out our stuff.

You know what I would like to see? Our Senior Members on this site write a concise list of things we should buy a lot of now to make any ā€œcut offā€ or 90% price increase less painful.

I donā€™t know about the rest of you guys but I was pretty irritated over the weekend.

3 Likes

Good Video
https://youtu.be/bMn4Nd179HQ

3 Likes
3 Likes

The stuff you would have to buy now is nic (yes it has multiple other uses and probably will still be available but prices probably gonna go up).
Hardware rda, mods, tanks coils ( from my understanding you will still be able to purchase for up to 2 years but nothing new after 90 days.

Nothing really else flavors will always be available pg/vg always available.

But I also have a question didnā€™t one regulation say online sales are going to be suspended?

I thought I also seen something about having to be over the age of 26?

Those under age 26 will have to provide photo ID to prove they are over 18.

How can they suspend online sales? I would have to fly to Florida or Washington State ?

Yeah, do a google search for ITDS, I think it isā€¦ International Trade Data System. Very scary stuff.