Feature suggestion to What can I make

Would it be possible to add an option to “What can I make”, so that you could see a list of recipes to which you have all but one or two flavours? It would be a really nice way to discover new recipes, get some shopping ideas and also extend your stash. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I second this. When i push the “what can i make” only my recipes come up…i know there is a lot of awesome recipes with similiar flavors but different vendors and i would like to make some of these lovely recipes :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You could always use the “search by flavor stash” option mark a few of your favorite flavors and see what comes up

7 Likes

Indeed, but this is not that effective. For this to work as I mean, you’d have to tick all the boxes (over 100 for me) and then open every single recipe from the results to find the ones with all but one or two from my stash. :wink:

2 Likes

Actually if you checked every box you would get zero results, you would have effectively searched for a recipe with 100+ flavors. If you instead checked say Sweet Strawberry and Bavarian cream you would get multiple results. The more flavors you add the more refined the search will be.

2 Likes

This is in the plans, but I am not sure if/when it will be realized.

What you can do in the mean time, requires that you know what flavors you want in your mix. As @Duneatick mentions you can use the “Search by flavor stash”. Say you check off “Bavarian Cream (TPA)” and “Sweet Strawberry (Cap)” and want 1 more flavor, you add &fcount=3 to the URL. Some of the results might contain recipes with flavors you have and some where you don’t have them all.

10 Likes

@Duneatick Ah yes, of course. I was thinking the other way around. :slight_smile:

@daath Thanks for informing and nice to hear it’s in the works. Hopefully we’ll see it realized sometime in the future. I didn’t know about that URL-trick, I’ll have to play around with that, thanks!

3 Likes

@daath do you have a post that lists the commands (&'s) and the functions that gives us control over on the recipes site, somewhere here on the discussion boards? If so that would great and I must have missed it. :~)

1 Like

I know it’s nowhere near what you’re requesting, but I like to go through the notes of the flavors I have in my stash and click on the RECIPES tab. I typically then sort by Rating to see what’s out there. I’ve found quite a few recipes this way and it’s helped me to expand my arsenal of concentrates.

2 Likes

There isn’t a list, and there aren’t many of those small hacks :slight_smile:

1 Like