First DIY and Got NIC Sick. How?

So just mixed up 10ML. By volume via syringe as before.
80vg/20pg 3mg nic

VG 7.37ML
PG 2ML
NIC .63ML

I am buzzed, heart is racing and dizzy.

5ML batch shaken. Got buzzed
5ML batch with Frothier and shaken. Got more buzzed.

Nothing changed on my equipment.
Segeli Fuchai 213w
22mm Avacado RTA Dripper Tank style
Vaping at 40w
Battery Samsung 25amp Green
New cotton before testing yesterday
New cotton today before testing it again.

I taste the nicotine for the first time, maybe cause its unflavored and this is the first time vaping unflavored.

Started vaping on my store bought with 3mg and the no nic batch from earlier and feel fine with those.

So these are the options i think i have.

Make the same amount as before and mix it all together, however this batch would have no nic which would cut it down to 1.5% or lower. Since this batch would have 7.5ml of vg/pg

Wait it out, maybe the nic needs to settle for a few days.

Order new nic from a different vendor and maybe a non US made nicotine. Dont know if that matters.

Finish my store bought liquid while i wait for my nic test to come in.

Which ones should i do? thanks for all help.
I know these are a lot of questions.

Or i guess i can make a 15ml batch and try it with 1% nic

1 Like

if the nic was mislabeled, containing 100mg/ml (or double of what you think it is), you might get a bad feeling vaping this. Rest assured though, itā€™s not going to kill you.

What you can do, without a nic tester, is just mix half the nic you mix in now, aim for a 1.5% instead of 3% and compare that with the store bought juice. If it is similar, youā€™ll probably know for sure that itā€™s a mislabeling issue and youā€™ll know how to treat it for the future.

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t wanna use that nic until i know how strong it is. I mean for all we know it can be 200mg or stronger depending on what strength the company get in and dilute.

5 Likes

The link from where i bought it from.

Iā€™m just surprised how potentially the strength can be off. I mean from 48mg to 100 and even higher, thatā€™s scary.

1 Like

You do have a pointā€¦ BUT
Heā€™s vaped it in this way and hasnā€™t died. If heā€™s going to dilute it even more, heā€™s not going to die from it either.
If he dilutes it as if it were 100mg/ml, and itā€™s 200mg/ml, itā€™ll just mean that heā€™ll be vaping 6mg instead of 3mg and now heā€™d be vaping 12mg.
These are values that can make you feel sick if youā€™re vaping it from a dripper, but itā€™s not going to kill you. You know from the first inhalation that itā€™s too strong or about right.

Iā€™m more inclined to think that this is a labeling issue than a mixing issue. You canā€™t mix/sell higher than 100mg/ml in the US, theyā€™ve got their procedures / rituals while mixing. But I mean, sure, weā€™re all humans and we all make mistakes. You could be right. I just donā€™t think itā€™s so bad that he canā€™t even try to dilute it a bit more to see what heā€™s really got.

The point is that no one knows at this point how strong it is and to vape to strong nic liquid canā€™t be good for the body even if he hasnā€™t died yet as you say.

Better safe then sorry is what i say about it, Better to wait for that nic kit and check it out and know for sure what mg it is and act out from that info.

After all it is his life he gambles with right and he only has one.

7 Likes

Wizard Labs, Nicotine River, and Nude Nicotine all sell nicotine titration test kits. Pick one up and test your nicā€™s strength. My money is on user error or the nicotine you got from Liquid Barn is higher than 48mg/ml. Iā€™ve bought 100mg nic from Liquid Barn and it was within a reasonable margin of error. But sometimes things happen, so itā€™s a good idea to always test your nic.

2 Likes

Decided that while i wait for the nic test.i might as well try to make it with 1%

So far so good,
So if its 100mg it would be 3% and if its 200mg it would be at 6%

Iā€™ve had 72mg Nic all over my hand. literally drippingā€¦ Never had an issue, maybe im hardcore I dunnoā€¦ Never felt sick, nauseous, dizzyā€¦ :confused:

4 Likes

After about 5-7 ml, starting to feel something again.
I wonder if itā€™s the brand of nic.
I did .3 ml of nic for 15ml

Iā€™m going to order from somewhere else along with a tester.

2 Likes

Update:
I called to inquire about Liquid Barns nicotine.

Someone called me back and requested the batch number.
Exact measurements and in detail how i mixed everything.

I will update this thread when they review my email on Monday or Tuesday at the latest.

They assured me that their nicotine product is very top end and they do titration test for all of their batches. Which i dont doubt.

I would like to say that its user error on my end but i dont know where i could have gone wrong.

2 Likes

I bought the vg 100mg USA nic for my first diy mixes. Iā€™ve had nothing but harsh juices. Emailed liquid barn and they say their sample is fine. So it is my problem.
Screw them. Their shit sucks.
I got some nic from nic river, and it is much better. Iā€™ll just chalk it up as a loss, and write off liquid barn as a supplier

2 Likes

To toss in a few lines in this thread.
Safety firstā€¦ if you even think there may be a problem with the nic strength donā€™t use it. Do not just go and say that youā€™ll use less because maybe it was mislabeled or take comments like, well it didnā€™t kill you at the strength you tried it at, just cut that amount in halfā€¦ it would be okay. Those are stupid commentsā€¦ sorry no other words for it. No I donā€™t test my nic strength, but then again, if I was getting a bad reaction to it, I would get a test kit and do so. Nicotine it expensive but if it is screwed up, a hospital visit would be more expensive.
Of course the vendor is going to back their product until you can point out a problem with factual results. If I was having an issue with my nic I would get (as you stated) a different brand and a testing kit (to test both the new brand and the one that is seemingly is problematic).
You stated that you had other stuff to vape while your new nic and the testing kit comes in. I would stick to those items until you can confirm your other products are safe to use. I second Nic River as a great vendor for nic (and ingredients). But I am sure there are other places you might be equally happy with.
btw I do use a ā€œfrotherā€ or a hand wand mixer in my juice mixingā€¦ The Badger frother I only used for large 120ml batches, but I just recently picked up a Norpro hand mixer (less than 7 dollars on Amazon) that has a wand attachment that easily fits into 15ml and 30ml plastic bottles that I like a lot. I do not get a peppery taste in my juice using a mixer.

3 Likes

Thanks everyone for your help.
I looked at the titration kit and its 8 bucks. Doesnt make sense to spend that on $11 bottle of potentially bad nicotine.

So i looked on NIC River like everyone suggested and was surprised.
After making bad batches, testing batches i am now almost out of flavor and need to get more hardware. Along with better Nicotine.

So i will be picking up
60ML 100mg Nic Select VG

2oz of each
Bavarian Cream (TPA)
Strawberry (Ripe) (TPA)
Vanilla Custard v1 (Cap)
Meringue (FA)
Vanilla Swirl (TPA)
Sugar Cookie (Cap)
Cream Fresh (FA)
Sweet Cream (TPA)
Sweet Strawberry (Cap)
Marshmallow (TPA)
Cheesecake (Graham Crust) (TPA)
Ethyl Maltol 10%
Cantaloupe TPA
Honeydew TPA
Mango TPA
Papaya TPA

1ox
Cap cappuccino
Cap Chocolate glazed Donuts

8oz
TPA Sweetener

Usually after your bad first batch i would think it would be discouraging but im jumping in deeper.

I am a melon guy, and have been for years.
Tried a few custards and desserts and its starting to grow on me.

My question
Anything that i am missing? Flavor or sweeteners?
Wanted to start making some of the high rated recipes in smaller batches this time. Like 15-30ml and have it sit.
Is 2oz for each flavoring too much?
I dont vape that much, takes me about 2-3 weeks to go through 100ML
But with DIY you want ppl to try your juices and will prob hand out quite a bit
Should i still get a titration kit?
Should i use all the VG and PG from liquid barn first? or just stock up some more while i am already ordering some. Maybe have about 600-700ml of vg and about 80-90ml of PG. All my mixes then to be 80VG/20PG

Thanks again, really helped me out.

1 Like

Yes, you should. Youā€™ll be able to use your titration kit more than once.

Also, how are you mixing? Scale? Syringes? Graduated cylinders? If you arenā€™t mixing with a scale you should be. Itā€™ll be more accurate and faster. Get the American Weigh Scales LB-501 on Amazon for about $25.

1 Like

I have been vaping a Strawberry kiwi recently (mainly due to a associate where my step daughter works asked if I could make one up, and really liked how it came out myselfā€¦ Red Touch (Strawberry) (FA) and Kiwi (FA)).
Also if you havenā€™t tried it as of yet I recently purchased Melon Medley (SC) (Real Flavors), it is a very good melon that is great as a single flavor (tastes like a nice juicy ripe Cantaloupe).

Syringes mixing by volume.
I know a scale is more accurate but how exact do you really have to be?
Say the recipe calls for .6 and I did .65
Will it affect it that much?
Or say the 15 ml turned out to be16 if Iā€™m really off.

If you are having those reactions, I would seriously lean toward you added way more nicotine than you should have.

Just for shits and giggles, get an empty 30ml bottle and add the same amount of nic you added and show us a pic. A visual is often a better explanation than you describing how you mixed. Because if you made a mistake and are repeating that to us we canā€™t really help you. But say you are reading the syringe scale incorrectly. You can tell us all day long you are adding .065ml. But could be actually adding .65ml. Hope that makes sense.

1 Like

if you want to try to minimize user error the scale is, honestly, the way to go. For the nicotine, you want to be as accurate as possible imo. For a 3mg/ml mix you should be adding 0.3ml for a recipe that will end with 10ml of juice. Getting that accurate of a measurement is not always easy to do with a syringe.

As for flavoring, it depends on the flavors youā€™re working and amount youā€™re mixing up, what may seem like a small difference can change your recipe. Not always a big change, but it can make a difference nonetheless. For example, if youā€™re mixing up a 10ml bottle and you go from 0.60ml to 0.65ml it may not seem like much, but youā€™re changing the recipe from 6% to 6.5%. If you do that with every single flavor in your recipe, your mix may not turn out how the recipe author intended. It still may be good, but it also may not. It just depends. You may also run into inconsistencies in your mixes. One time you mix it turns out fine, the next time you mix up that same recipe there may be something off.

Maybe you donā€™t think you need a scale right now. Itā€™s entirely up to you. But itā€™s a good investment for a minimal cost nonetheless. A good scale is all of $25.

3 Likes