First Mix ♥

Just a quick thank you for these forums and the wealth of information all of you have contributed to them. I joined 8 days ago and have poured over them during that time. All of my start up questions were searched out and addressed. Lots of fun forums and reading as well while I waited for my supplies to arrive.
I finally sat down and mixed up a simple basic recipe last night. I took your advice and started small. I just made 15 ml of this. I was tempted to add a second strawberry layer but resisted. lol It actually tastes quite lovely. No harshness and imagine it will be better with some steeping time. I can enjoy the simplicity of it and the fact that it actually tastes good . I will be ordering more flavors and trying more complex ones soon enough. :relaxed:

22 Likes

Awesome! Well done :+1: Getting to know your flavours through simple mixes will help massively as you venture further down the rabbit hole :grin::laughing:

4 Likes

Congratulations on your first mix! What makes it even better is that you actually like your first one. My first mix pretty much made me gag. So kudos to you. :yum:

5 Likes

If you treat each mix as a learning experience, you will find that, after awhile, your recipes will be adapted to your tastes.

1 Like

Thanks Lolly :heart:

Aww sorry to hear that. What was it? Do you remember? Or do you want to. xD I’d be interested in hearing what some of you mixed up for your first concoctions. It may have been awhile ago but you should have taken notes right??? Haa

Yes I agree! I kinda jumped the gun because of a fantastic sale from RF and bought flavors that appealed to me instead of basing it around a recipe. I figure I can just build around them and use the tools here to find the recipes that contain them. But I’m definitely gonna need more… :grinning:

2 Likes

If I remember correctly :thinking: My first mix was Raspberry Wintergreen. I don’t remember the amounts, but it was 100% Pg and the nicotine was WAY too high. Talk about a throat hit. I think it cauterized my tonsils.

6 Likes

Man that would have been rougher than burlap underwear.

5 Likes

And almost as tasty

3 Likes

So in reference to Brotherbob1. I did treat it as a learning experience, and what I learned was … I had no freaking idea of what the hell I was doing :laughing:

4 Likes

Can I ask why you went with 100% PG? I know it’s a flavor carrier. Were you looking to really bring out those flavors??? giggles

• I retract my question… haaa!!
3 Likes

That’s exactly why I went 100% pg. I was completely clueless. I mean so you sit down at your cool little mixing station. Loosely measure out a couple chemicals. Dump them in your new little plastic bottles, you know the ones with little pointy tip thingy. Shake it up real good. Squeeze some into the little glass tube that sits on top of your mod, overfilling it, pfffft, no big deal. Then fire that baby up with a nice big direct lung inhale. Really, how hard can it be?

3 Likes

6 Likes

My first mix was Peach (juicy), Bavarian Cream and Marshmallow. Not too bad actually. At least vapable enough to know I’d manage. I’m not planning on revisiting some time soon though lol

4 Likes

100% PG would taste like chemicals to me, plus my eyes would water and ears would ring for a week…

4 Likes

Something comforting in knowing you’re not alone on the ‘What the hell am I doing?’ DIY mixing journey :laughing:

All of my supplies are set up and stored in a small vanity table, just waiting till the last of the flavors arrive to mix my first… Excited and a little concerned I don’t poison myself, but if you’re going to do something, you might as well commit and jump in head first :slight_smile: .

Love this forum and all the lovely folks who are generously offering time, knowledge and experience to help people they’ve never met… Massive good karma and blessings on all of you! <3

If I live through my first mix, I’ll be back to learn more. Blessed be

5 Likes

I’m with you… Not a PG fan. Wonder if you use just VG… Nothing like giving it a try lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qNeGSJaQ9Q

Story of my life! LOL Let’s do it and see what happens!

1 Like

Welcome CC. There is a method to the madness. I’m still figuring it out too. :smirk:

I tried mixing a max VG last night. I wasnt crazy about it. Flavors were muted but I’m letting it steep a bit to see if that helps The clouds were pretty impressive though. xD

1 Like

Max VG def needs a good steep imho :+1::smiley:

3 Likes

Hmmm, I’m wondering if, knowing the flavors will be muted when using 100% VG, a substantially larger % of flavor is added at the beginning would make the adjustment for it. Some flavors are going to carry more of a ‘bite’ or ‘bitterness’, but that could also be adjusted for by the addition of ‘salty’ or ‘sweet’. Oooo, this is going to be so much fun! {only slightly evil cackle :wink: }

1 Like

You’ll find some flavours are strong steepers so if you’re a long steeper (like me) then they may be overwhelming (ymmv).

Basically though - just have a play around and find what method works for you - that’s the fun bit :grin:

3 Likes