First Mix ♥

I’m with you… Not a PG fan. Wonder if you use just VG… Nothing like giving it a try lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qNeGSJaQ9Q

Story of my life! LOL Let’s do it and see what happens!

1 Like

Welcome CC. There is a method to the madness. I’m still figuring it out too. :smirk:

I tried mixing a max VG last night. I wasnt crazy about it. Flavors were muted but I’m letting it steep a bit to see if that helps The clouds were pretty impressive though. xD

1 Like

Max VG def needs a good steep imho :+1::smiley:

3 Likes

Hmmm, I’m wondering if, knowing the flavors will be muted when using 100% VG, a substantially larger % of flavor is added at the beginning would make the adjustment for it. Some flavors are going to carry more of a ‘bite’ or ‘bitterness’, but that could also be adjusted for by the addition of ‘salty’ or ‘sweet’. Oooo, this is going to be so much fun! {only slightly evil cackle :wink: }

1 Like

You’ll find some flavours are strong steepers so if you’re a long steeper (like me) then they may be overwhelming (ymmv).

Basically though - just have a play around and find what method works for you - that’s the fun bit :grin:

3 Likes

I had read one of the biggest mistakes beginners make is adding too much flavoring to a mix which can ruin it. It’s tempting to want to add more but I think I’ll go with what the experts here suggest (Lolly) and wait patiently for it to steep a bit. Maybe find some good shake and vape recipes while you’re waiting. There’s a few threads here in the forum on that.

2 Likes

I’ll do… Thanks Lolly and modfogger <3

2 Likes

Totally not one of those but ty :smiling_face:

2 Likes

This does pose another question though. If after a good steep it simply is still too blase’, is it advisable to add say a flavor base to it to jazz it up? One that’s been steeping as well as opposed to just adding more flavoring?

2 Likes

After a steep I’d add more of the flavouring I felt was missing. If you’ve got a flavour base mixed up you could add some of that instead - my adv by @Alisa is Bust a nut - I have this flavour base pre-mixed and it does (to me) seem to steep more quickly than making it up from scratch with the individual flavours.

This thread should hold the answers (iirc :laughing:)

5 Likes

Good info and yeah I’ve run across that recipe quite a few times while reading the forum. Vaping nuts doesnt sound too appealing. How is it? :laughing:

It is the ambrosia of Gods - creamy, heavenly and perfectly balanced in terms of flavours. I cannot recommend it enough :yum:

3 Likes

Bust a Nut is OUTSTANDING

2 Likes

Ha yeah, I read all the reviews. It was just my sad attempt at being naughty. I do love a good double entendre. But I guess I shouldn’t try that here. Especially with a mod. Sorry Lolly. xD

1 Like

Yikes…you’ve promoted me again!

I’m definitely not a mod :joy::joy::joy:

Totally missed the double entendre though :joy:

2 Likes

Yeah I realized my error after I posted it. That’s JoJo, Ken and Daath .:smirk:

1 Like

I love to hear from the newbie mixers. It immediately takes me right back to the feeling I had when I mixed my first recipe and how happy I was that it was not only vapable but actually tasted better than I was expecting. For me that was the moment I knew I was gonna dive right in to DIY eliquid mixing. Not only was it delicious and exciting but also financially beneficial. WIN WIN WIN :wink:

1 Like

Congrats on your first mix! I left you a comment on the recipe. Please go read that now.

Keep after it. DIY is far more gratifying than buying store bought juice! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes it was quite satisfying. After reading all the posts on first bad mixes I wasn’t expecting it to taste so good. Even before steeping. :heart:

Thank you @SthrnMixer. Done

I added the recipe I used and adapted in the heading, since I made my first mix private. I chose it cause it was simple and had a ton of good comments. I didn’t realize at the time that even though I changed the nic level to 3mg and used SB Ripe instead, it was a copy somewhere else on the recipe side. After a month I’ve got 19 mixes steeping but will keep them private unless I know it’s not already been done. Is there an easy way to double check for copies before posting a recipe or is it just a matter of searching out flavors? I never had a notification when I originally posted mine till a week later. In fact I just did a search and see a ton of different recipes with copy headings . I’m sure that’s hard to control since people can decide whether to make their mix private or not . But for anyone new reading this, it might be good for them to know as well to keep the amount of double listings to a minimum.

2 Likes