First Steam Crave Aromamizer Experience

Then @Lexie3 is not fully understanding what I meant; I prefer RDTA’s (real ones, not RDTAINO’s) , the ones with the juice tank below the deck… Lexie, I thought we understood each other!!! :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Here this explains everything.

4 Likes

I have that one about 6 feet from where I am sitting right now actually.

4 Likes

OMG now even you have been influenced … @jojo better start hearding

4 Likes

Is this wrong term? Nevermind I got it…

edited cause that really came out bad

3 Likes

I dont think it is wrong per se, but I think he was thinking of something like an RDTA, like the Avocado, as feeding the wicks from the bottom. The juice holding tanks on those RDTA are below the coils where the tanks on the RTA are tyipcally above and around the coils and wicks.

It sure made for some added entertainment though. It might be as embarrasing as mine from yesterday.You know you're a vaper when (YKYAVW)

3 Likes

@Bugalien Yes, exactly he meant like his Hellavape Iron Maiden :smile:

4 Likes

@TerryL1 LIke @woftam said the airflow in relation to the coils has everything to do with the flavor.

3 Likes

True that. If the coil is below the airflow you’re missing out on a lot of flavor.

Yes, right on. Bottom fill and bottom tank are fantastically different things.

2 Likes

Which is obviously at least 1 of my problems. Hope to have a few moments later this evening to experiment. I’ll report back…Thanks gang!!!

KCVO (Keep Calm & Vape On)

4 Likes

@TerryL1 @Lexie3 I started out with the old V1, and I will show you my LOW tech, STUPID simple setup that I use to this day, and get ridiculous flavor. It’s just too damned simple IMO. Don’t over complicate it with crazy coils, wack wicks, just go old school…

4 Likes

Hey add a tag for @Lexie3 I’m sure her would appreciate the info.

3 Likes

I picked up 5 of these from my wholesale account at Vapor World for a steal on the reputation of the velocity deck. However their was a bad gasket that was flattened on the bottom and it leaked like a seive. It was replaced but I could not resolve the leaking. I don’t have enough free time to do more than change wicking and inspect more gaskets that don’t seem related. Read the manufacturers FAQ on known leaking resolutions but nothing gives!
Ideas? I want this to work so I can use larger coil builds that don’t fit the TFV4.

2 Likes

Ok I might be a dummy, this is her thread isn’t it.

2 Likes

should tag @SessionDrummer he is out steam crave pro ;p

2 Likes

@Cutlass92
Not at all! Always looking out for me and I so appreciate it!

2 Likes

@craigtalley You are talking about the original Steam Crave v1 ? If so I have about 8 of them floating around, and have never experienced any gasket issues on them. I still have my original gaskets on my first one to this day. I’ve not heard of any gasket issues as of yet. Which gasket was leaking ?

1 Like

Just a bit and I’ll photo them with my magnifier app. It would be great to get them in service as the OP and others have shared the many great attributes on this thread and other threads here.

Your issue is yet to be determined, but there had been some confusion a while back…

http://forum.steamcrave.com/post/living-with-condensation-and-some-fixes-for-leaking-8178521

Read something about overtightening on the Supreme, but I’m running multiples of those as well, and tighten them up pretty good on original o-rings, and haven’t have any issues, beyond dropping and breaking the glass.

1 Like

That’s the post! The boxes I bought of V1s have likely been in the warehouse for a long time before being clearance priced. That was the only part (lower gasket) that was scrunched. Could still be the wicking?

2 Likes