First time mixer

I’ll keep this as short as possible.
I’m happy with my ratios but how long do I wait for it to mix together/steep.

I’ve used grape soda concentrate with MTS, cooling effect and a flavour enhancer, the MTS is a bit of a brown colour but it hasn’t all gone that colour, only about half has changed colour, Do I leave until it’s all that colour or just shake and vape?
See picture for example.

Also same goes for a mountain dew type flavour.

Any help and advice would be appreciated.

1 Like

also looks like this at the bottom.

1 Like

Did you give it a good shake after mixing?

3 Likes

You need to shake it better. I’ve had the same bottles and they are a PITA to shake properly.
You could put it in some warm water to thin out the VG and give it a good shake after that.
As for how long you need to steep, just try it out and if it tastes good to you it is fine. If not, you leave it a few days and try it again.

4 Likes

I did, yeah

1 Like

I’ll try some warm water later, thanks.

2 Likes

shake-it shake-it baby :wink:
you need to grow some muscles man, after a good shake, it’s full of tiny air bubbles and consistent in colour.

3 Likes

If it don’t mix well for me I stick it under my arm for a few min to bring it up to body temp then shake it without to use warm/hot water, but I always shake daily when steeping.
Settling is normal when mixing different density liquids and taking into account sugars play a role. It is also why you shake up the flavors and concentrates before mixing.

3 Likes

Well if you keep it in front of that window you won’t have to wait very long before it will be harsh and flavorless, especially when it gets closer to summer.

You need as others mentioned shake them more, you want this whole mixture full of tiny bubbles, put it in a dark space (box, cabinet,basement,drawer etc.) And let it settle for at least 12 hrs, 24hrs much better if you use high VG mixtures 70/30 and up.

If you made any kind of cream/custard you’re looking at 5-60days steep depending on the brand used. Fruits and beverages normally 3-7 days. I would test after 24hrs, then 3 days, 7 days, 14 days.

Sure some mixes you can shake and vape, meaning they taste good right away but you won’t know its full strength tho. If you don’t care about that, well that would be an option. But normally shake and vapes are 50/50, 60/40, 65/35 if its only 1 or two fruit flavors or a fruit and sweetener of any kind, you get even away with 70/30 any higher and in most cases just taste like plain VG for at least a couple hrs.

All that is just purely based on my own experience and opinion, it might not work for you or you might get satisfaction out of less steeped mixtures. Play around and be patience, vape whatever you have on hand till your stuff is ready.

4 Likes

I can’t see an air bubble in that bottle, did you fill it right to the top? It’s very hard to shake mix a bottle that’s very full. I’d be tempted to pour it into a larger bottle and give it a shake and next time leave the volume a few ml shy of the bottles capacity.

3 Likes

If your having problems shaking it… might suggest

The frother attachment is good for mixing e-juice
The egg beater is great for beating them eggs
And the paddle is good for mixing chocolate milk

5 Likes

This is what a bottle looks like when shaken, full of tiny air bubbles, evenly spread through the whole juice bottle. Like @cooper1 said, it’s a lot more difficult if you fill your bottle all the way up to the edge. Leave a little room for air.
Concentrates often have some alcohol and other stuff in it that needs to evaporate. Without any room left, it won’t be able to get rid of those substances either.

5 Likes

If @anon28032772 don’t mind ill add to the tip, when I put my flavors in the bottle, I shake before adding the base, then I fill to 75% of the bottle and shake again then you can fill it to about 95% to 98% and give it a bubble mix, kinda like moving a level over a few days and let it steep and continue doing so everyday.

My shake and vapes I fill to about 90% to 95% of the bottle to leave enough space to shake but I add no more, adds a bit more flavor kick to boot. :grin:

6 Likes

Will take it all on-board :slight_smile:
I only put it in the window for the photo, it has been moved away from it now. Thanks.

4 Likes

There is some air in there but I poured an extra ml out just to be certain.

5 Likes

What I started doing is wrapping my freshly mixed bottles of ejuice in a washcloth and putting them in the washer on the spin cycle for about a minute. Your welcome.

2 Likes