First time vaping titanium and have odd aftertaste

Dual coil titanium on a dripper…50 joules, 502 degrees Fahrenheit…left a funny taste in my mouth…too high? Too hot? Anybody?

Oh, and I forgot to set the resistance

1 Like

Did you clean your wires before use. Make sure to set your resistance at room temp also.

1 Like

So is it probable that my not cleaning the wire and not setting the resistance is what gave me the funny taste?

1 Like

Possibly yes. I usually pour a little vodka on a paper towel, then rub the wire clean.

I imagine not setting the resistance also had a part in your funny taste :smile:

2 Likes

I’m certain that’s where the after taste is coming from. Make sure your tank is clean also.

1 Like

For my first go at TI, I used a dripper

1 Like

We have posted how to set up for Ti, but it get overlooked. If you follow those instructions and clean your tank , you shouldn’t have anymore problems. It happened to me too.

1 Like

I have several things I’m doing today, and that one is definitely on the list…I wanna make sure I have very little distractions when I do it this time…and definitely remember to set thwarted resistance!!!
Thanks, brother

2 Likes

You’re very welcome.

1 Like

@Pro_Vapes. My order of Ti wire arrived today. .4 mm or 26 gauge. Ive been reading the threads about cleaning and using spaced coil construction but cant seem to find out about temperature. Whats a good starting point for temp? Or is it just a case of start low until you find the sweet spot? I also have a roll of 317l ss in .5 mm. Which gives the better taste iyo. Any advice on this subject would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

1 Like

IMO Ti doesn’t perform well below 400 degrees. I usually vape 450 to max temp depending on the juice.

1 Like

@Pro_Vapes thank you my friend for your reply. What about ss 317l? Smae sort of situation? Same i ment. Sorry

1 Like

I only used SS briefly a while ago so I’m not sure where to start. Maybe some that use it regularly can help you out.

1 Like

@Pro_Vapes many thanks. I take it from that, that your preference is ti over ss?

1 Like

Yes I prefer Ti. IMO SS is better and vape cleaner than all the rest though…

@Pro_Vapes thanks for the advice my friend.

1 Like