Fix My Mix - Bring your trouble recipes here!

yup will do! thanks again!

1 Like

Glad to help, good luck on your mix. Look forward to hearing your thoughts when it’s ready :grin:

Here’s another opinion.

9% CAP VC1 is not altogether a bad thing. Certainly it doesn’t offer a chemical taste after a good steep, say 1 month at least. That is merely my opinion, but I do know a large number of people who would agree. However, VC can be considered a “heavy” flavor that benefits from accompanying, lighter flavors to add balance. FA Cream Fresh is very good for that. Likewise, VC1 can be a great flavor to add depth to other creams. Here are some other flavors that work well with VC1 -

Vanilla Swirl
Vanilla Ice Cream
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
Italian Cream
Vienna Cream
Sweet Cream
Bavarian Cream

There are many others, but you get the picture. VC is great, but it does tend to shine best when accompanied by another creamy flavor. In terms of layering flavor, you can consider these pairings as your custard or cream base. Establish that (e.g., 5% CAP VC1 and 3% TPA Bavarian Cream), then you have a foundation from which to add fruits or other flavors. Again - all my opinion. I think the custard guru @Ken_O_Where might argue with me over VC1 needing help, not sure :slight_smile:

If you haven’t checked out this thread, I would recommend it. You may find some inspiration and certainly plenty of opinions

5 Likes

It’s the flavor art champagne type pg. But yeah i assumed some of that was the “alcohol flavor” of the fuzzy navel " but most was probably the champagne taking over

2 Likes

can anyone improve this recipe? something is lacking. its ok/good to vape but something is missing.

Frosted Berries

Ingredient %
Harvest Berry (CAP) 8
Menthol 0.7
Strawberry (Ripe) (TPA) 6
Sucralose 1

Flavor total: 15.7%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!

Hi folks, this is my first post and I’m sharing the only decent recipe that I’ve made as a very new DIYer.
I’m just wondering if anyone can help me improve or remix my Green Apple BubbleGum recipe as I thought it was pretty good… that was until I tried some of the top rated recipes here and realized that my first DIY ADV could probably be improved greatly.
I’ve only just bought some recommended flavors from A Beginner's Guide To Making The Most Highly-Rated Recipes
“An Economical First Order”. Previous to these purchases I’ve been struggling away using NicVape’s DIY Adventure Kit and the 10 flavors that I chose with the kit.
Appreciate anyones thoughts…

2 Likes

I’m not familiar with the flavors you’ve got there, so I’ll just bump this in case someone else can help you out.

And welcome to the forum, James! :balloon:

5 Likes

Thanks Underanne.
I’ve gone back to this mix as my adv. I just love it. Was just curious if someone out there has their own apple bubblegum recipe or could improve mine.

This is all that matters :smiley:

2 Likes

@Cidz what is the goal here with the Menthol? It seems maybe you’re looking to add a cooling feel to the mix, yes? People rave about Koolada from TPA but I’ve never messed with it so can’t be any help. But it’s reported to provide the cooling sensation without adding flavor.

As the the rest - well again I’ve not had a flavor. Harvest Berry. The Strawberry Ripe percentage is fine though.

So, it’s missing something you say. What is missing? If we knew where you wanted to go with this it would help.

1 Like

@Grugs83, if you don’t find people here with experience using those flavors, what you’ll need to do is test them individually. Does the manufacturer have and recommended mixing percentages? If so, that may be a decent place to start. Mix them as single flavors. Test right after mixing, then 3 days, 1 week, and weekly up to about 6 weeks max. Most fruites and candies though have done what all they’re going to do within a week. Bakery flavors tend to develop in a week to 10 days. Custards and creams, 3-4 weeks, and tobaccos, chocolates, coffees and teas in 4-6 weeks. These are only guidelines and several flavors within each category will have longer or shorter steep times needed.

Once you figure out each flavor and how it tastes you should have a better understanding of where to start on your next attempt. These flavors may be exactly what you want to use, but you may find you need to adjust their percentages.

Sorry I couldn’t be more help than this.

1 Like

First, Strawberry (ripe) is a weak flavor that will become even weaker with time. I personally mix it with Strawberry (FW) but you can use Strawberry Sweet (Cap) too. Half and half is how I do it. Also, get rid of the Sucralose. It’s bad for you orally, doubt it’s any better to inhale. Use a organic stevia instead…

You can try a small amount of lemon or maybe fuji apple to make it pop…

1 Like

I’m guessing that you MTL… Because I normally don’t go past 3-4% on Harvest Berry (which I love), and while TFA is weak, I think strawberry ripe adds too much of an unwanted/unpleasant tart and earthy flavor, so I can understand your looking to the sucralose to offset that.

Like SthrnMixer/Ringling though, I’d strongly not using sucralose, and trying to mix pure Stevia powder into some PG, and then using that (there’s threads here covering how to do that, if you use the search bar).

As for the strawberry, I would recommend Inawera strawberry or strawberry shisha, or even FA strawberry, instead of SB Ripe.

Also, consider me as a second thumbs-up for using koolada as opposed to menthol (unless you want the mint flavor added to your mix).

2 Likes

@SthrnMixer I think it still lacks sweetness and flavor even with that %, maybe the menthol overpowers the flavors?

@ringling yeah I agree on ripe straw tpa, i’ll get my hands on sweet strawberry cap. starting now i won’t be using sucralose anymore a lot of you guys here on ELR suggest to use other flavor as sweetener.

how about using Tart & Sour enhancer instead of the flavor you suggested?

@Sprkslfly yes i do MTL, for me it still lacks flavor with that % i dont know why lol, maybe because of the menthol??

I heard strawberry shisha from Inawera is one of the popular strawberry flavor, maybe I’ll include that also on my next vapemail and replace the ripe straw tpa on my recipe.

3 Likes

yes, i want it to have a methol like cooling feel but doesn’t overpower other the main flavors, what % of koolada you suggest? i read somewhere that koolada is no good on 1% above.

Given you’ve mentioned it twice in the same post, and previously above… I’d say trust your gut and lower the menthol already! Lol
No better way to see if it’s over-riding the others, than to back it off (by at least half, depending on what brand of menthol) and mix up a new batch to compare! :wink:

I use Ina’s Mix Mint fairly often, and it took me 4 or 5 tries working with it in one recipe before I had it really dialed in. (Bare in mind, it’s ultra potent and I finally settled at 0.28ml in that recipe! And even then, it’s very prominent in the mix!)

1 Like

Do not use EM/Cotton Candy for sweetening. It will weaken the flavors in your mix. Other than a Cotton Candy flavor, you should only use EM/Cotton Candy when you want to tone down harsher or strong flavors. I personally do not use sweeteners. For just a tad of sweetness I will use Marshmallow (FW). Some people use Meringue flavor for some sweetness. If you decide on Koolada rather than Menthol then you can use things like Sweet Cream, Vanilla Bean Ice Cream, Sugar Cookie, or even Cake flavors for a little sweetness. You can use flavors like this with Koolada since it is tasteless. With Menthol, not so much…

Tart & Sour I have never used so I can not help you there…

1 Like

lol. i’ll try lowering the menthol. i can’t get ina’s mix mint here, not available on the market. only CAP, TPA, LA, FA & FW

2 Likes

i’ll keep that in mind, i have marshmallow tpa is FW better? i don’t like using meringue FA it has an eggy taste makes the recipe horrible, or i’m just using it the wrong % or wrong flavor to mix with? lol

Never tried any other Marshmallow. Have always been satisfied with FWs flavor. I’m told TPAs Roasted Marshmallow was good…