Fix My Mix - Bring your trouble recipes here!

Thank you a lot for putting the recipe correctly!

And yeah @worm1, I’ve been following lately the @Pro_Vapes less is more train of thought, but if this recipe comes close to the baker’s daughter, I needed to give it a try

5 Likes

ROFLMAO!
I believe this falls under the old “understanding” that ‘it gets easier to spot where someone is at…’* once you have more experience! :wink: :rofl:

*= as in:

• blown taste buds
  • MTL hardware
  • using weak flavors
  • still learning how to mix
  • etc :wink:

All in all, different strokes for different folks! chuckles

3 Likes

TBH I read a thread on ECF a long time ago of mixers intentionally over flavoring recipes to obtain a SnV mix. This was long before many people even tried to steep juices. Maybe that’s one of those type recipes… but I’d definitely start with small batches… maybe 2 or 3 batches so you can save one for a long steep and see if it holds…

But from my experiences with DIYing, I’d suggest that you cut all the %s in half (the bare max IMO) and work it from there.

9 Likes

That is EXACTLY whay I’m gonna do.
I will try a batch with the original recipe, since the author and another user praised its resemblance to the original recipe, although the percentages still seem too surreal. I will update you of the results in case someone is curious

Thanks to everybody!

7 Likes

I’m needing advice on percentages for combining (TPA) Ripe Strawberry, (CAP) Sweet Strawberry and (CAP) Sweet Watermelon. Wanting to do a cool menthol and will also be using (FA) Arctic Winter and WS-23. Thanks for any suggestions!

3 Likes

These are some highly rated recipes that you can sort by ratings and view the usage %s.

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/list?q=(TPA)+Ripe+Strawberry%2C+(CAP)+Sweet+Strawberry&missing=0&exclsingle=0&adaptedfrom=&sort=score&direction=desc

Here’s a self help tool to help when researching flavor %s and flavor usage…

4 Likes

This is just a suggestion but have you thought about Molin Berry Glamour Chocolate? They are based in Europe,Poland I think and and other flavour vendors sell it too including Creme de Vape. This to me is a very realistic chocolate and has the flavour of Met4’s Golden Ticket,if you’ve ever tried it. It’s between a milk and dark chocolate flavour and very smooth without any chalkiness or off flavours. Just trying to help out here.:slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Have you tried to clone Golden Ticket? If so, please tell me what you got that comes close.

4 Likes

Hi,I bought the Glamour Chocolate specifically for using it in one of the popular clone recipes but I just haven’t got around to doing it yet. I still have some of the original left at the moment and I should really try cloning it while I still have it to compare to. There is a popular clone recipe for Golden Ticket online that uses Glamour Chocolate in the recipe and when I did a single flavour test at 6% I noticed the similarity to the original. I am glad that I have been reminded of this as chocolate flavours are my favourite vape but I have been distracted by so many other great recipes on ELR that I wanted to try and make.

3 Likes

https://diyordievaping.com/2017/10/25/golden-ticket-remix-v6-diy-e-liquid-recipe/

2 Likes

Here’s a prime example of the DIYers challenges. I started this thread in May of last year. At that point I had been trying to create some semblance of Pina Colada. I got a lot of help from people here, and I remember @Pro_Vapes posting his solution. I still need to try that but was and still am short on some flavors. I look at my stash and think there simply has to be a combination available here that will make a decent PC vape. Fast forward 7 months from the original post in this thread. I make one that I don’t try. So I just discovered it hiding away in the back of a shelf and give it a go. It’s a year old so I wonder - what was it like fresh, 2 weeks old, a month old etc. Guess I’ll have to try again but I can safely say after a year this is the closest I’ve ever come to a good Pina Colada. It’s very simple…

It’s encouraging to see how this thread turned out and all the little nuggets of wisdom tucked in here and there. Anyway, I’m going to remix this and also do a couple variations. With luck by mid January I’ll have more to report. If I can remember not to forget :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Looking for some advise on this one, how do my % look? I have tried numerous cinnamon roll recipes, from other mixers and my own inventions, and none have hit the mark. FW cinnamon roll is the closest single flavor I have, so I’m trying to build off that, the flavor revolution cinnamon roll is very strong, and it has a good strong bready note, like the outer ring of a cinnamon roll, the biscuit is to help that note. The sugar cookie is to help the FW stay more like the gooey center, and the joy is to bring the yeast note that is present in a real cinnamon roll. I’m gonna mix this up in a day or two whenever I have time, the plan is to get the base notes right and then add in cream cheese icing to top it off, and some flavorah rich cinnamon if the cinnamon needs a boost.

5 Likes

Reads nummy, but I’d drop the Joy down to 0.5% (of course that’s just me). chuckles

I’m close to being able to mix that up, but of course, missing the FR…

6 Likes

Well I mixed it up last night, I’ll give it a day or two then test it out.

3 Likes

A Caramel Corn profile. It’s not bad but it’s missing “something”, but I can’t figure out what. It’s a little sweet, a little buttery and caramelly, a little popcorny… checks a lot of boxes but it reminds me of a Hollywood western tavern set. Look at it from the street and it looks great, but go around back and you realize it’s just a front.

4 Likes

I tried and tried forever to get something close to Steep Pop Deez and finally got there … Check out my Pop dis not deez recipe the butter rum , peanut butter and FLV popcorn finally set it off…

5 Likes

Good call @fidalgo_vapes.

4 Likes

Thanks, sounds good!

4 Likes

Right off the bat I’d say (only from working with these flavors in the past) I’d try the following -

Reduce FA Butter to 0.2%
Omit the Brown Sugar
Reduce MF Vanilla to 0.5%
Add 0.3% Saline

That MF Caramel is a good flavor, but I don’t know if it’s best used here. I think perhaps trying without it. If you feel it’s missing a caramel note I might try Holy Holy Ry4 or FLV Caramel.

Just spitballin.

3 Likes

Hey, I’ll take spitballin’, especially from you. I don’t have Saline or FLV Caramel, but I do have TPA Caramel (Original). I appreciate the input, saliva included.

3 Likes