this is a trick that helped enhance some of my already steeped mixes when i find flavor became muted - i don't really know why & how it works.. i found it thru trial and error - and it worked many times on different mixes - mainly creams, creams + fruits, and creams + nuts. so i use it all the time now.
sharing here in case others may find it useful - if it works for you pls let us know.
step 1: the fixer_1: I prepare a mix of 4% TPA Ripe Banana + 6% CAP VC v1 (so total flavor is 10%, the rest is my base as usual - i also add nic to the same % i would vape - in this case 2%) - this mix doesn't need to steep for long. i give it at least a day after a good shake
step 2: I add ~5% to 10% of "the fixer" to my mute/bland mix. can do that in the bottle (example: for 20ml i will add 1ml fixer) or in the tank (usually few drops). give it a good shake (if in the tank, i give 20 mins or so to blend), then i vape on. the muted mix gets "brighter" and the base flavors are enhanced.
working on another fixer for mixes that come out peppery after steep using the same approach.
i don't vape the "fixer" by itself, the flavor is too faint/weak, but i was surprised by the effect it has when added this way to already steeped mixes. [edit: so if RB and VC enhance flavors, why don't we just add small % in the original mix? i tried that and it doesn't have the same effect as adding it after the original has already steeped]
let me know if this trick works for you and if it helps save some of your steeped mixes. pls try it first with a small sample of your mixes, and not in large amounts just in case it doesn't work for you