Fix My Mix - Bring your trouble recipes here!

i love caramel candies and milkshakes , but havent had luck with caramel vapes so if you nail it let me know id like to try it , if you post your recipe i think it may help so others can see what you have tried , good luck

2 Likes

Or butter toffe, even normal toffe would kick ass :wink:

3 Likes

Thx. Iā€™m just being a lazy bum, Iā€™ve tried so many itā€™s getting tired. I guess it wouldnā€™t hurt to post a few.

Any particular brand you recommend?

Had TPA Irish cream and CAP Pralines and cream lying around not getting used so i decided to experiment a bit with them. Just mixed this up tonight and so far its a decent shake and vape - cant wait to see how it turns out after a good steep. I am still very new to DIY so any help or suggestions are much appreciated! I feel like there are probably things i could do better in this mix. Going to wait and see how things settle after a steep, but i feel like it should have a stronger nutty note to it.

Chunky Irish Pralines and (ice) Cream: http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/1813071/Chunky%20Irish%20Pralines%20and%20(ice)%20Cream%20(give%20me%20feedback!)

1% Biscuit (INAWERA)
2% Cake Batter Dip (FW)
3% Irish Cream (TPA)
5% Pralines and Cream (CAP)
1% Sweetener (Sucralose) (TPA)
4% Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (TPA)

Flavor total: 16%

Hereā€™s what I can tell you based on my experiences.
Dragonfruit (TPA) is a rather weak flavor. So 2% of it will have a tough time standing up against ā€œheavyā€ things.
Cake Batter Dip (FW) Iā€™m not familiar with. But judging by the name it may not offer much in the way of a baked cake. You may want to shop around for a good cake flavoring. I used FW Yellow Cake until I tried Purilum Yellow Cake. Wonā€™t go back to FW for it now and would recommend you try that. That and CAP Cake Batter (small dose) may well give you the heaviness you seek.
I like where your head is with the strawberry. I think you should definitely start low and build as it could overpower an otherwise great mix.
Vanilla Custard will also aid in the heaviness, but adds zip to moistness. So 1-2% of that may bring out the notes you want in terms of richness.
As for the creamy icing, I would recommend FLV Frosting.

So, if I were to remix your mix, it would look like thisā€¦

Cake Batter (CAP) 0.5%
Yellow Cake (PUR) 2.75%
Dragonfruit (TPA) 3.5%
Golden Butter (CAP) 0.75%
Strawberry Ripe (TPA) 3%
Sweet Strawberry (CAP) 1.5%
Vanilla Custard V1 (CAP) 2%
Ethyl Vanillin (TPA) 1%
Frosting (FLV) 1%

Not sure how this would be, but just ideas based on past experience. Never even thought of Dragonfruit in a cake :slight_smile:
Party on Garth

9 Likes

Iā€™ve found it can aid in giving a heaviness to bakery flavors while adding some sweetness. It also seems to make vanilla flavors pop and provide more mouthfeel.

8 Likes

Ok. Four weeks steeping and still trying to figure out how to vape it!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

http://tjek.nu/r/ea6r?token=b243a96c0ac50a6 what can be done to make this better.? needs to be a stronger strawberry to it. needs more of a POW!!!

1 Like

Might be the creams/dairy are drowning the sb. Iā€™d prob lower the dairy (maybe the sb milkshake) and bump up the shisha. You probably wonā€™t get much from CAP Sweet Sb at that low a %

Hold out for more suggestions though!

4 Likes

Like @Lolly said, Iā€™d bump up the strawberries to probably 2% for shisha and 4% for sweet.

3 Likes

Thank you. I will try what you said. I also would like something like the McDonalds milkshake. nice n sweet and lots of flavour.

1 Like

This is a delicious sb milkshake by @Amy2 :

If you needed more sweetness you could add sweetener to taste :+1:

2 Likes

Looks damned tasty to me!!

Iā€™d want to add something to ā€œcool it downā€ though!
(thinking koolada or WS-23ā€¦)
Canā€™t stand melted shakes or ice creams. :laughing:

3 Likes

Awesome thanks for the help! Gonna give this a mix tongiht and see how it goes!

thats funny , have you tried WS23 ? koolada doesnt do it for me ( cooling effect ) it comes off as a menthol/ mint flave at all kinds of pcts

1 Like

Not yetā€¦ So I should probably have kept my yap shut in that respect. But it was more me trying to comment on the ā€œice cream has to be coldā€ for me. chuckles

Iā€™ll try and be more mindful.

3 Likes

no need for that , i get what you were saying , i was just looking for feed back , ive heard good and bad

3 Likes

I appreciate the sentimentā€¦ But I think thereā€™s definitely a need for that. I donā€™t want to get ā€œtoo relaxedā€ and inadvertently become a member of the ā€œparrot brigadeā€. =(

The community is far better served by first hand experience and opinion, even if/when those opinions clash, as long as they remain based in ā€˜factā€™. Which I generally try really hard to do.

So yeah, I need to be a bit more mindful.
Thanks though!
Maybe Iā€™m taking it a little too serious, but Iā€™m just
trying to stick to my own principles. :wink:

4 Likes

Ditto this! If anyone has any feedback on the WS-23 please let the rest of us know.

3 Likes