Fix My Mix - Bring your trouble recipes here!

ahhhhhhhhhh shite ok ty guys and gals

4 Likes

Nope. Try screen capture or grab if youā€™re on mac

1 Like

ill wait to get home im on phone right now i have my last measure in 8min i dont know how to screen shot on my phone :slight_smile: but ty ill jump on laptop at home

1 Like

Click on this line under the blue wrench

and copy this line ā€œURL to share privatelyā€ and past it into this thread

6 Likes

i thought thats what i did , it created the url at the bottom then i copied into dropbox which is all i know how to do but this will help when i get home o hope this is a quick measure bc i really want to figure this out now lol

2 Likes

I get most of mixes really only apply to my taste buds, I donā€™t think many people would like the same things I do, but just wanted to throw this in here real quick. Inw Vanilla Cream has a slight coconut flavor to it, and I have found that it goes deliciously with Inw PinaColada. I mean they work heavenly together. I think it would be a great addition to any Coconut recipe really because it is a very unintrusive cream, and does not dominate flavors like some creams can, and the vanilla is slight, just a whisper of vanilla. It has been my favorite cream lately.

8 Likes

Iā€™ve made at least 3 attempts at Pina Colada and failed at every one.

My 1st thought is cut everything in half. Real Pina isnā€™t very strong flavored IMO. It seems youā€™re pushing the limits with some of your %s.

I donā€™t have Pineapple SC so Iā€™m not sure about it, but DIY rules are start low and work your way up.

I really like Sweet Cream CAP, but it is a thinner cream. Maybe Vienna Cream FA might work better in this mix.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve been working on it for well over a year. Been all over the place with percentages - low, high, in between. Itā€™s more an issue of getting the right flavor, not intensity.

I make my own Pina Coladas at home and know the flavor of a well mixed one extremely well. I just havenā€™t been able to translate that into a vape. But some very good suggestions so far, including yours. Thanks.

3 Likes

Same issue here. None of the flavors Iā€™ve tried translate into the actual drink. Good luck tho.

3 Likes

@SthrnMixer
Inawera has a very good rum concentrate that might help you out?

3 Likes

Now I want to try and tackle this one for myself. I did a bit of research and Iā€™m gonna try thisā€¦

WIP

http://tjek.nu/r/bkNE?token=ed57204078a8d36

4 Likes

Nice @Chewy ā€¦ almost forgot about the INW Rum! :sunglasses: Indeed! For me, that one is the only Rum (plain, not Jamaican) which actually had the flavor of Golden/White Rum. Good stuff! Last time I looked though, it was pretty hard to find a vendor that stocked that particular concentrate. :smirk:

3 Likes

@Kinnikinnick
Yeah it is quite hard to come by? But it is a very nice straight up rum, very tasty!
For me piƱa colada is all about that rum taste with the fruits playing a supporting role.
You could try ordering directly from Inawera?

3 Likes

I checked my usual sources - not direct from Inawera though. Found it here -

http://www.vaperstek.org/rum/

Never bought from them. Anyone know if theyā€™re trustworthy?

5 Likes

Take a look at hicā€™s recpieā€¦

(Link posted to where credit is due)

Reduce FA pinnaple down to 0.25 to 0.5%. Add in sweet pinnaple cap. Mf coconut would be ok but I think FA is better here. I also canā€™t remember the brandā€¦but a drop Or two of that ungodly sweet candy coconut would be good( this I havenā€™t tried).

I really think it is a good starting point. Unfortunately to get close to a true colada you may need to add tiny bit of surclose.

4 Likes

Yupā€¦ Iā€™ve ordered flavors and Nic from them throughout the yearsā€¦ no issues on my end.

4 Likes

As I thought, a actual pina colada has a bit of citrus in it, in this recipes, lime, check it outā€¦

Ingredients
Makes 4 Servings

Ā½ fresh pineapple, peeled, cut into 1Ā½-inch pieces
6 ounces sweetened cream of coconut (preferably Coco LĆ³pez)
2 ounces unsweetened coconut milk
8 ounces white rum
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 ounces dark rum (optional)
Maraschino cherries and lime wedges (for serving)

Also, you say you want more sharp flavoring. Your cream will smooth out the mix so I suggest you drop the amount of cream. You only have to try to simulate the cream of coconut which actually does not have added cream. Apparently if Iā€™m reading this correctly you use condensed milk and coconut milk mixed and the end product (cream of coconut) rises to the top. Actually, if it was me, I would drop the cream completely and find Cream of Coconut flavor. I believe I saw one somewhereā€¦

PS if you want to read the cream of coconut article I readā€¦

Good luck buddyā€¦

7 Likes

Their great itā€™s where I get my nic

1 Like

Update everyone. I canā€™t say how my mix will beā€¦just made a new version based on input here. I used 2 Real Flavors SCs and they need to ā€œair outā€ a bit. But some fantastic thoughts here and I feel better armed to make this a successful recipe - eventually :slight_smile:

@Pro_Vapes howā€™s your mixing coming along?

@fidalgo_vapes didnā€™t ever see your recipe made public. Can you at least post the ingredients here so we can all take a look?

5 Likes

yes sorry i got frustrated and 4got will do shortly

1 Like