Fix My Mix - Bring your trouble recipes here!

Ahhhh…I get what your saying now. Thank you Chrispdx.

4 Likes

I love the looks of the mix but to me I’d increase the sweet potato to help out with the starchy-ness of the mix try it around 2-3% and then you could increase TFA Pistachio it isn’t a strong flavor at all but has a wonderful aroma and taste this is slightly a sweet taste and really doesn’t depict pistachio imho. Cookie could come down to lighten the batch as it’s a stern note and other flavors will have to rise over it to compensate it is is a touch lower around the 1% mark and then Yam can stay or come down some depending if you need to lower the overall %s and honestly I would suggest using an actual ice cream to get that buttery creaminess albeit vanilla shisha is a great sweet vanilla but lacks what a vbic can contribute

so rough draft

BAV CRM LA 1.5
Coconut INW 1.0 ( Do u want coconut to be obvious ? )
Condensed Milk RF SC 0.20
Cookie FA 1.0
Cream milky undertone OoO 1.0
Pistachio TFA 2.0
Sugar cookie v2 CAP 1.0
Sweet potato Amoretti 3.0
Vanilla shisha INW 0.5
Yam TFA 3.0
VIC LB 2.0 http://www.bullcityflavors.com/vanilla-ice-cream-lb/

If you like root like starch check out TARO by TFA or Flavor Express available at ECX ( my flavorite version is http://www.ecigexpress.com/shop/diy-e-liquid/diy-e-liquid-flavors/flavorsexpress/fruitexpress/taro-by-flavors-express.html )

I can totally see this TARO helping you achieve the UBE effect that you were hoping sweet potato could do for you Taro certainly will be starchy and will require you to sweeten it with coconuts or strawberries, or a ginger. So many things… Please don’t take my adjustments as negative criticism ! I really love the sound of it and good luck on it !!!

10 Likes

I know you’re not talking to me, but when the Flavor Queen chimes in with suggestions I always take that as positive. :wink:

9 Likes

Ah so sweet VapeyMama :kissing_heart::dash::two_hearts:

9 Likes

So I’m the vaping troll? Lol. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

Lol yes!

Just kidding. :wink: I was just commenting on her comment.

3 Likes

Amy thank you so much for all the information and for your expertise. I have saved your notes into my Google Docs file for this recipe and will make a sample bottle with these flavors and recommended%'s.

• I definitely see upping the % of the TPA Pistachio (I used it in a cookie recipe at 3% and it was solid). @Chrispdx recommended the same. Also reducing the Cookie (FA) to 1% sounds good to me.

• I was debating using the VBIC by Capella (that’s the one I have in my inventory) but decided not to. I wanted to take a stab at making an ice cream flavor from scratch using the BAV CRM (LA) - it has a creamy texture very similar to Ice Cream to me, Creamy Milky Undertone (OOO) + Vanilla Shisha (INW). Does the VIC (LB) differ much from the VBIC (CAP)? I’ve never had LB flavors.

• I totally agree with the Taro! I was debating because the flavor is described as being very strong and I thought it might overtake the YAM (TFA). I want to buy it but ECigExpress is sold out and only has the 500ml option at the moment :cry:

• Upping the % of the SP (Amoretti). I’m hesitant to up the % because I just made my tester 2 days ago @ 5%. I notice a floral note throughout the inhale and exhale along with the rooty flesh of the SP. Did you notice this? If so, does it disappear after a week or so of steeping? The floral note is why I kept the % low and upped the Yam (TFA).

• Coconut - Yes. The coconut should be obvious. Ube Halaya and the Ube IceCream is used with coconut milk or coconut flesh. When you taste it - it’s a creamy milky sweet coconut married into the sweet potato - almost making like a cake batter paste. Oh and sometimes shredded coconut is used at the final stage after mashing the ube and adding coconut milk.

3 Likes

I didn’t know you were in Wisconsin lol! I’m in appleton WI! @Leilani I was kinda thinking the exact same thing on the pistachio as @Chrispdx, but Won’t know til this nice looking recipe gets mixed!

4 Likes

Yes. It took me some time researching what could help compliment the Sweet Potato and Yam. After reading many flavor charts / pairings baking guides I found that creamy nuts pair well with root vegetables. Kind of like Carrot cake with walnuts. I’m hoping the pistachio will be a good correlating note to the SP & Yam - I want it to be noticeable and well blended.

2 Likes

Ok. I’m in steep phase of trial 2. Only going 1 week. I dropped champagne down, bumped up fuzzy navel.

The
Trial 1, mostly flavorless with a hint of peach, and a bit chemically tasting. It was odd. I think the champagne caused the chemical -ish taste because it wad too much.

Think i should add a sweetener? Or a tart? Or just practice more with champagne flavor?

1 Like

hi guys i’m having trouble with this recipe, something is lacking, sweetness? cream? i’m confused. i want it to be creamy, sweet and smooth but something is not right with the recipe. :frowning:

Milky : http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/1419014/Milky

5% Cheesecake (Graham Crust) (TPA)
9% Vanilla Custard v1 (CAP)

Flavor total: 14%
Remember to rate it at: http://tjek.nu/r/bjBe

I’d try cutting the vanilla custard in half and maybe add a cream.

2 Likes

thanks. @VapeyMama currently i only have Sweet Cream (Cap), what % you suggest i put? and do i need to put sucralose also for sweetness?

1 Like

I’d try it with:
2% sweet cream cap
5% cheesecake graham crust tpa
4% vanilla custard cap

5 Likes

@VapeyMama awesome! will try that! thanks

1 Like

If that doesn’t come out sweet enough for u, u may want to try adding a little sugar cookie (cap). That’s 1 of my favorite go-to’s for recipes similar to what u have there

3 Likes

When I hear “chemically” I always think that the %s might be too high. Champagne (this is flavour art wine champagne… I’m assuming?) is good at 2%, so I’d look at dropping the other %s down a little. I was going to suggest that you add another peach but it looks like you already did that! Your 3rd version looks like it’ll be pretty good. I’d nail the fruit and champagne ratios first and then see if it needs a little tweaking with sweet or sour.

4 Likes

Yes sugar cookie cap would be super tasty in that recipe.

2 Likes

@Gambit117 hmmm how about sucralose? but i will include that flavor on my next vapemail. and what % of sugar cookie you suggest i add?

1 Like

Sucralose can help if you like super sweet juices, but I think that recipe will be pretty sweet without it.

2 Likes