Fix My Mix - Bring your trouble recipes here!

First, Strawberry (ripe) is a weak flavor that will become even weaker with time. I personally mix it with Strawberry (FW) but you can use Strawberry Sweet (Cap) too. Half and half is how I do it. Also, get rid of the Sucralose. It’s bad for you orally, doubt it’s any better to inhale. Use a organic stevia instead…

You can try a small amount of lemon or maybe fuji apple to make it pop…

1 Like

I’m guessing that you MTL… Because I normally don’t go past 3-4% on Harvest Berry (which I love), and while TFA is weak, I think strawberry ripe adds too much of an unwanted/unpleasant tart and earthy flavor, so I can understand your looking to the sucralose to offset that.

Like SthrnMixer/Ringling though, I’d strongly not using sucralose, and trying to mix pure Stevia powder into some PG, and then using that (there’s threads here covering how to do that, if you use the search bar).

As for the strawberry, I would recommend Inawera strawberry or strawberry shisha, or even FA strawberry, instead of SB Ripe.

Also, consider me as a second thumbs-up for using koolada as opposed to menthol (unless you want the mint flavor added to your mix).

2 Likes

@SthrnMixer I think it still lacks sweetness and flavor even with that %, maybe the menthol overpowers the flavors?

@ringling yeah I agree on ripe straw tpa, i’ll get my hands on sweet strawberry cap. starting now i won’t be using sucralose anymore a lot of you guys here on ELR suggest to use other flavor as sweetener.

how about using Tart & Sour enhancer instead of the flavor you suggested?

@Sprkslfly yes i do MTL, for me it still lacks flavor with that % i dont know why lol, maybe because of the menthol??

I heard strawberry shisha from Inawera is one of the popular strawberry flavor, maybe I’ll include that also on my next vapemail and replace the ripe straw tpa on my recipe.

3 Likes

yes, i want it to have a methol like cooling feel but doesn’t overpower other the main flavors, what % of koolada you suggest? i read somewhere that koolada is no good on 1% above.

Given you’ve mentioned it twice in the same post, and previously above… I’d say trust your gut and lower the menthol already! Lol
No better way to see if it’s over-riding the others, than to back it off (by at least half, depending on what brand of menthol) and mix up a new batch to compare! :wink:

I use Ina’s Mix Mint fairly often, and it took me 4 or 5 tries working with it in one recipe before I had it really dialed in. (Bare in mind, it’s ultra potent and I finally settled at 0.28ml in that recipe! And even then, it’s very prominent in the mix!)

1 Like

Do not use EM/Cotton Candy for sweetening. It will weaken the flavors in your mix. Other than a Cotton Candy flavor, you should only use EM/Cotton Candy when you want to tone down harsher or strong flavors. I personally do not use sweeteners. For just a tad of sweetness I will use Marshmallow (FW). Some people use Meringue flavor for some sweetness. If you decide on Koolada rather than Menthol then you can use things like Sweet Cream, Vanilla Bean Ice Cream, Sugar Cookie, or even Cake flavors for a little sweetness. You can use flavors like this with Koolada since it is tasteless. With Menthol, not so much…

Tart & Sour I have never used so I can not help you there…

1 Like

lol. i’ll try lowering the menthol. i can’t get ina’s mix mint here, not available on the market. only CAP, TPA, LA, FA & FW

2 Likes

i’ll keep that in mind, i have marshmallow tpa is FW better? i don’t like using meringue FA it has an eggy taste makes the recipe horrible, or i’m just using it the wrong % or wrong flavor to mix with? lol

Never tried any other Marshmallow. Have always been satisfied with FWs flavor. I’m told TPAs Roasted Marshmallow was good…

For me personally I like to use FA Marshmallow for sweetening, as I don’t taste actual flavor from it, just the sweetness. And it lasts forever because FA is one of the more concentrated brands.

I also use FA Oba Oba for sweetening fruits, for me it’s a great light sweet accent that pairs with them very well. It’s actually usually what I use for sweetener in fruit mixes if I think it needs sweetening as it’s not as heavy as a marshmallow or meringue. I use marshmallow mostly for bakeries/desserts.

That being said, if I am looking for more than just sweetening, and actually want the marshmallow flavor, my favorite is Purilum, has a great marshmallow flavor.

Then I use TFA Toasted Marshmallow anywhere that I want to sweeten and/or get a “baked” flavor with. Especially good with cookies or pastries.

7 Likes

wow! thanks for the advice. any alternative aside from oba oba to sweeten fruit flavors?

thanks. ill add tpa roasted marshmallow on my list.

1 Like

“Toasted”. :wink: Just in case you can’t find it looking for “roasted”.

4 Likes

2 week ago, I made a ‘Simple Strawberries and Cream’. but it tastes too greasy. i think it needs to add something.
but i have no idea what is good.
could you give me idea plz

What’s the recipie?

I have flavor on the inhale but not so much the exhale. Do I need more flavoring? Steeping/ Vapor’s tongue? What would cause this. I made the recipe yesterday. Oh, How do I get a bit of that “sugar lip” taste at the end too? :slight_smile: I like that bit of sweetness.

I used this recipe…

Cotton Candy (10% EM/Ethyl Maltol) (TPA)
1%

Hard Candy (FW)
2.5%

Raspberry (Sweet) (TPA)
3.5%

Watermelon (TPA)
6%

Thoughts?

I’d skip the EM and use Pyure around .4-.5% (you might have to play with it a little here) for the sugar lips. EM can mute other flavors and it’s not a great sweetener to begin with (IMO) so it’s probably not helping your mix at all.

4 Likes

Part of that can be/is affected by whether or not you exhale through the mouth, or nose (or some combination thereof)! :wink:

1 Like

When I use a sweetener in anything it’s Pyure Organic Liquid Stevia. It’s especially good with fruits because it can brighten them as it also has Organic Apple Cider Vinegar, Citric Acid. It’s strong, so I always start with 1 drop at a time.

And it doesn’t mute like EM and Sucralose.

3 Likes

damn, if only i can get that stevia here but unfortunately there’s no available on the market. the only brands available here is NATURALS, STEVITA and LEAF LIFE