Flames from new atomizer

OK, so I was putting a new atomizer in my Atlantis 2 tank. I primed the cotton with juice, let it set for about 10 minutes, all the stuff you’re suppose to do with a new atomizer. Checked the wattage, checked the sub-ohm readings. Everything was fine.
I took my first hit off it, heard a slight woosh of flame, pulled it back out of my mouth and looked at it, and there was what I can only describe as a small blowtorch looking FLAME coming out of the mouthpiece. Has anyone else ever had this happen? What caused it?

1 Like

It happened to VapnFagan once, check his videos and you will find it. Don’t remember the reason it happened to him at this point.

Edit! I can’t seem to find it now. Been looking through his stuff and it is nowhere to be found.

That happened to me with my Kanger dripbox, don’t know why it happened. I haven’t used it since cause I’m :chicken:
I would love to hear from someone who knows what causes this, I only just bought the thing and was looking forward to using it. I never use drippers cause I just don’t like to drip all the time so I was really chuffed with this thing. :confounded:

3 Likes

When I am cleaning out one of my drippers or tanks once i remove the cotton i dont always rinse it first. So if there is still eliquid on the coil or deck when i dry burn the coil to get the gunk off it flames up sometimes. Our eliquid is flamable at a certaint degree lol so yes i have seen the flames before. The only thing that i can think of is that maybe an exposed coil with no cotton around it and liquid on it that got hot enough to turn to flame?? other than that i am at a loss for an explanation. @Josephine_van_Rijn give that thing another go! i have the dripbox 160 and its Awesome! my first squonker…

4 Likes

LOL … @Pugs1970 dirty coil flame

But seriously it could be from alcohol in some of your flavorings

5 Likes

I laughed so hard reading that post from @Pugs1970 that was epic! but yes i agree the Alcohol could be an issue especially if it was fresh made SNV

3 Likes

LOL … Yeah I’m the one that talked him into it :laughing:

4 Likes

Or the cotton wasn’t all saturated and therefore started to burn or as someone already been into that some part of the wire is exposed and did light up the liquid.

4 Likes

I’m familiar with that phenomena, happens to me all the time :smiley:

I’ve got the 80, come to think of it, when that flame thing happened it was also firing continuously like the fire button was stuck. I took the battery out and there wasn’t a problem with the button anymore. I don’t know how the 160 is put together but with the 80 you put the battery in at the bottom and you have this round piece that you screw in to keep the battery in place. I did screw that on pretty tight, but I’m not sure how that would affect the fire button since that’s on the other side of the mod.
I will try it out again, when I manage to get some courage. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

The DB160 is awesome I like it better than the DB2 because of battery life :wink:

2 Likes

the 160 has a flip out bottom door so no over tightening lol JUST DO IT!!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I can hold your hand imaginary when you try it if you like :wink:

4 Likes

exacgtly why i got it lol i dont vape over 80 whats hardly ever… gets too uncomfortable for me so dual batt mods just last longer when i have them hovering around 50 to 70 watts :smile:

1 Like

That’s nice bro but you will only blow up imaginary too when shit goes wrong :laughing:

Yessir! :eyes:

3 Likes

Imaginary i don’t mind that you know. What we do for a fellow vaper.

4 Likes

What else was in your juice.:wink:

2 Likes

I didn’t need much coaxing to be fair lmaoo

2 Likes

I would guess that your wick caught fire, which is not uncommon when heating stuff up… :smirk:

2 Likes

I would say not to vape kerosene, gasoline, pure grain alcohol or diesel :laughing: But seriously…

I did watch a guy in a vape shop start a dripper on fire. The cotton will catch on fire if there isn’t enough liquid on it. There’s a lot more power coming across those little wires than some people understand.

:astonished: No grain alcohol ?!?! You’re not suppose to do that? Well DAMN!
Well there’s your problem. :wink:

1 Like