Flat Finnish on first Juice attempt your thoughts

I have been using Uncle Junks JW for the past 3 years. To most it is obvious that a ton of cash has been handed over. I finally desired to start mixing and I need some feedback. Keeping it simple I just pick up a few flavors; RY4double (TFA), Butter Pecan (FW) and Vanilla Custard (cap) and 4 others. My recipe below taste great but the finish is lacking flavor almost dry? Any suggestions on strengthen it? Thanks in advance.

1 Like

d00d, that was definitely my favorite juice before diy. I spent a year developing this clone:

4 Likes

Double your percentages across the board and let it sit for a month. Time heals all…:wink:

5 Likes

Tanks for sharing will try in the future need more flavors. I didn’t want to start out so complexed. Can you explain “Smooth” what it does?

BTW 12 hr of steep.

1 Like

I use Ry4 around 8 percent normally and would up the other two as well

1 Like

Using more of a Shake and vape until I can let steep for longer you think the time is a big reason for the flat finish?

2 Likes

I just lowered the percents from my first attempt as it seem heavy at first just slight as I liked the taste.

1 Like

Are you using Flavour Art ry4 or are you using The Flavour Apprentice? that would make a huge difference percentage wise

2 Likes

Smooth is supposed to smooth out and enhance flavors. When I bought it, I didn’t know. At that crazy percentage I used it because it tastes like maple sap. It adds a very faint light-colored wood flavor.

1 Like

You have to steep tobaccos tho. Only one that’s good snv imo is fa 7 leaves ultimate. It’s very floral for the first 2 weeks.

No way to judge a tobacco at 1 2hr steep tho. You need a month

1 Like

One more thing, I am virtually certain John Wayne uses an NET or maybe absolute. That’s why it costs so much. It is nasty ashtray flavored on a low ohm mech, my mix is not. Works on everything.

@Kinnikinnick has forgotten more than I’ll ever know on NET and tobaccos in general. I’ll just say I like the synthetics because they don’t burn on my devices.

2 Likes

The Flavor Apprentice, whats the huge difference?

1 Like

FA would most likely be more concentrated, TFA or TPA would be less. I had just observed you had two different ones in your recipes you posted is all

2 Likes

Great to see you are observant, when building my stash I wasn’t sure what to choose. But it is defiantly TFA am I wrong on 1.2? I notice it says "RY4 Double (TPA) but my bottle says “TFA” and “The Flavor Apprentice” and “RY4 Double”

1 Like

TFA (The Flavour Apprentice) and TPA (The Perfumer’s Apprentice) are the same company. Flavour Art (FA) is a different company.

What @Joel5 was saying is that TFA/TPA are generally not as strong as FA, but without being sure which you were using it’s difficult to gauge whether your %s might be off.

2 Likes

I completely understand and agree however I needed to cut off the purchase of the JW or I just would not do it. So as I get more confident and getting to a taste I can accept then will make bigger batches and longer steep time. Thats my train of thought. So I will be getting more flavors and am so looking forward to your recipe too.

2 Likes

Best of luck man. I can’t recommend fw salted caramel highly enough. Hell, I get it, I lost my job and that stopped the JW right then. I’d probably bought 50 bottles…I just kept tweaking and adding flavors until I felt I was close enough.

It’s a very complicated juice and I don’t know if I did it justice, but it’s a crowd pleaser. If you like it or tweak it to make it better I’ll be happy. I know exactly what liking that juice is. Such a great caramel flavor. I think the MF caramel would work well, but I have a deep, abiding hatred of Medicine Flower and hope you wont patronize those liars. They can suck 3 bags of dix.

1 Like

Yup. :wink:

@the_technician, There is no shake and vape tobacco anything… except occasionally, for NETs… even then, a NET mix deserves about a week in the bottle to meld with the base mix before consumption. This is yet another reason I love my NET… the wait time for a mix being vapeable is 1/8 to 1/16 the time of synthetic concentrates.

@the_technician, Tobacco absolutes can be fairly inexpensive, considering the HUGE amount of concentrate one can make with the absolute. Typically, one makes up a 10% dilution from the absolute and then one uses 1% to 5% of the 10% dilution. Strong stuff! :grimacing:

Absolutes can add that certain tobacco flavor which can very difficult to clone in some liquids with using just stand alone tobacco concentrates. Often a combination of the two win the day. :grinning:

1 Like

WOW what a great group of people here! I will heed all of your advice as I am looking forward to becoming my own mixer. I obviously need to do much more study and build knowledge on the chemistry of flavors as well as other additives but wanted to thank you all! Will check out @Kinnikinnick and hope you keep on adding suggestions to my endeavor.

2 Likes