Flavor Ban Thoughts Anyone ? FDA at it again

Scott Gottlieb Is Preparing Us For the Flavor Ban

Shared from my Google feed

@ecigexpress @Nicotine_River @BullCityFlavors

6 Likes

“The agency is about to launch an Advanced Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (ANPRM) that will ask for public comment on regulation of flavors.”

We might have a voice if the “vaping public” is large enough.
And someone should let him know how not to look like a flamer when getting photographed!

3 Likes

Just to be clear, and not to say less onerous, but this article is referencing possible regulation of prepared e-liquid retail products and not flavor concentrates themselves, correct?

6 Likes

thats what it seems to be , but what happens to vendors who obviously supply flavors for eliquids and for diy , you take Flavorah for example they state that they formulate their flavors for ejuice , so if flavors are banned for ejuice those companies have a huge problem ?

6 Likes

What’s sad is that like zero percent of teens would say they smoked a cigarette because of the flavor. Golly.

Well maybe 1%

7 Likes

I surmise that’s why some suppliers like BC changed their name a while back. No doubt it seems likely flavor suppliers would suffer, if nothing else, a loss in sales.

3 Likes

31% of teens go for the flavor. What do the other 69% go for? Peer pressure?

6 Likes

i love how it states " some flavors are only used by kids " ONLY ha i love my fruity pebbles and ice creams etc , that statement is pretty bold …

4 Likes

that name change imo wont cut it if they are going to ban flavors , its still obvious what they are for and who they seel to , of course this is my opinion , hopefully this wont happen but it seems they are determined and moving forward to try and help big tobacco

3 Likes

the clouds and the tricks lol , plus trying to be cool

5 Likes

very true and thats what makes a flavor ban arguable .

2 Likes

They are not going to shut down the big flavor companies. These industries will not give up their markets. Do we really care (the kind of vapers we are) if they limit the flavors on the wall of the insta-ecigs at Walgreen’s to 10 different flavors? That doesn’t impact me.

I can see them telling companies you cant name your e-liquid “Bazooka Bubble Gum” or something like that. The money behind it is likely Altria and they tried it before. It didn’t work.

7 Likes

Hey FDA… Kiss My Ass!

12 Likes

Ogre does not like politicians. While they are very easy to prepare because there is no spine to work around, they taste like shit, because, well, they’re full of shit. Not much else there. Politicians make good fertilizer.

14 Likes

As with most of the puzzling dilemmas in life, the answers can be found by watching The Simpsons.

To answer your question, please watch this brief segment (starting at time frame 3:15)

as well as the small segment here (starting at time frame 0:19 )

4 Likes

LOL
I love that movie Hot Dog

2 Likes

Flavors are only aimed at luring children to use the product? Send all of these pix and those like them to your elected officials. :smiling_imp:

16 Likes

I live on the Ky/Tn line so this is all over the news. Supposedly a bunch (23) vape stores got caught selling CBD edibles. Tennessee has laws making CBD a controlled substance , stupid but it is the law.
I keep hearing that a number of these shops were selling the gummies to school kids , they didn’t sell any vapeables to children but still.:face_with_symbols_over_mouth::exploding_head::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
We are our own worst enemy.

2 Likes

this is something the industry should have done when all this first came up.

if this is what the ban is limited to then i think not , however if its a ban on flavors in general besides a specific type that they think are for adults then it becomes a problem for anyone or any company that supplies flavors to eliquid manufacturers especially the ones that have made it clear they formulated the flavors for the purpose of eliquid ( im guessing )

6 Likes

great examples and your right if they get flooded with this then they may realize how silly this is

4 Likes