Flavor Ban Thoughts Anyone ? FDA at it again

not all are for food some companies like FLV are specifically formulated for ejuice so thats what i wonder , does a company like FLV change their business model and sell to food and beverage companies to be safe ? also we seem to forget that the ejuice companiea do use the same flavors as we do…

unless i missed something i think the ban is for flavors used in ejuice period , so companies like cuttwood, naked etc will be affected not just the juul type devices

3 Likes

I would imagine that could be a good loop hole. Just change them to Food / Beverage flavours, us DIYers know what to look for from a flavour.

2 Likes

yes it would be a great loophole , but considering the amounts we buy compared to big commercial lines will diy be enough to keep the businesses going ?

and how will vendors who obviously supply flavors for ejuice be impacted

2 Likes

Great point and I suppose your right they would need to market themselves to the big brands if at all possible.

1 Like

They will only be able to sell FDA approved products? Menthol and Tobacco?

2 Likes

i guess my biggest concern is how does this trickle down from the commercial juice lines to us , even though we are diy the vaping community as a whole could be impacted

2 Likes

Most definitely, at some point after taking control of the main vaping companies they will move their focus to DIY / general vape populous, especially with it blossoming since the initial rules and regulations were put in place.

3 Likes

id love to hear NR, ECX and BCF opinions on this , that is why i tagged them in the opening

4 Likes

I’m sure they have a lot to say too but maybe not this early on, it could go against them?

4 Likes

My take is it would be nigh on impossible to ban concentrates from flavor houses that have been supplying the food and beverage industry for decades.

3 Likes

that i dont doubt , however there are still companies that cater to eliquid only …

3 Likes

Me as well , I know Gremlin DIY should be in a great position as a large portion of their business is catered to the candy making business same as @Walt_RealFlavors

2 Likes

your right i see no problems for RF and Gremlin , but there are some concerns for other vendors , manufacturers even companies like molecule labs will have a hard time trying to get around something like this if it happens … then again it could all be solved by eliminating names that may entice younger people that alone may solve the problem , without this type of marketing know one could say companies are trying to reach the youth

2 Likes

I see so much packaging that is downright kids sweets packaging these days, It’s actually difficult to pick out a product.

The Cuttwood / Suicide Bunny packaging was unique and adult enough for me to say “I want to try that”

1 Like

Someone asked my opinion on it. Here it is lol… As blunt as I can be in public. Pure bullshit. (And I will fight it)

10 Likes

Now changes and rules in names and labels… I am sort of ok with.

10 Likes

If the fda ends up classifying flavorings as tobacco products. It kinda would be funny to see things like this

3 Likes

unfortunately they arent trying to go down that road , but i get your point :slight_smile:

2 Likes

i dont believe they are trying to classify flavors as tobacco , they are thinking of banning certain flavors in ejuice

1 Like

Me to but , you never know what the politicians and big tobacco have
Planned

1 Like