Flavor booster?

These all seem to have great ratios. Are you allowing them time to cure / steep ? Also have you considered getting a bowl ( tuber ware will do ) warm water and let you batch sit in the warm water batch for about 30 minutes probably do this twice to three times. Then shake the day lights outta it then open the cap and let it sit open for around 3-4 hours. Strawberry has been known to be better after a few warm baths and a good shake then venting. I promise if you are following them to a T try this method and if this doesn’t work. Then try increasing the ratio slightly but ( I think they all look good )
Are you sure your base is in check ( pg VG Nic ) all the correct ratios as the recipe follows.

Don’t get frustrated just try making another batch. And while you are at it make sure you have something decent to vape so you don’t keep stressing on the ones steeping. Hope this helps !

And like JoJo was saying ripe strawberry can be a beautiful additive to your batch as far as stand alone flavor ( to me ) it doesn’t get the job done. But it is up to you. I love to mix ripe SB and sweet SB together I generally have ripe around 6% and sweet SB around 3% but that is mostly paired with a cream or custard and then maybe. Marshmallow Bc I know I like my flavor ! 18-20% is my norm learning where you like your flavor ratio will be a huge favor for you eventually once you learn which flavors you do like !

2 Likes

I’m using a SubTank Mini with the RBA @ 1.1 ohms. I’m also using an Hcigar Kayfun 3.1 clone.

I’ve tried the water/flavor drop tasting method, and I do like the flavor.

I do have some ECX Sweetener (sucralose)

I’m using a mini crockpot candle warmer (the kind that fits the Yankee Candle jars). I bathe them at 140 degrees for 6 hrs with the cap off, then I put the cap back on, shake like a madman, re-cap, back into the crockpot with the power off, the whole crockpot covered so it’ll come to room temp slowly. Then sit overnight. I was thinking that this method, while not a complete steep, would at least give me a good indication where my brew is heading, No?

Also, and this is probably my main complaint, I’m not getting that “juicy, mouthwatering, wet” feel to my vapes. I would describe my vapor as warm, dry, uninspiring. I’ve heard that some additives can give “body” and “mouth feel” to a recipe. Is that the holy grail that I seek? That terminology is new to me, and I’m having trouble making sense of it :confused:

3 Likes

Do you have any cream flavourings?

Or Marshmallow or custard?

Creams, marsh and custards can add mouth feel to recipes.

I find the TFA ripe strawberry a little bland on its own. I know one user here would tell you to add CAP sweet Strawberry at 3% to your ripe strawberry for a more authentic strawberry taste. @Ken_O_Where

CMJ

4 Likes

I don’t have any of those (yet). Which brand of them are generally considered the best quality? What sort of percentages are used for “effect” rather than “flavor”?

You’re going to get a million different answers to that question. LOL I have Catalan Cream and Vienna Cream from FA and love them both. I have Sweet Cream, Whipped Cream, and Bavarian Cream from TPA and love them, too. I have Cap’s Vanilla Custard v1 and v2 and prefer the v1. I don’t think you’d go wrong with any of those.

Don’t quote me on this, but it seems the general consensus is FA is the best and Inawera is a close second, both being highly concentrated, imported, and more expensive. TPA, Cap, and FW are a little more hit and miss, but all three have great flavors. Loranns and the rest all seem to be ‘specialized’ flavors that serve a specific purpose rather than brands that people have whole stocks in. About 80% of my flavorings are TPA, 15% are FA, and the other 5% are FW, Inawera, and Loranns if that helps any.

As far as percentages, it depends on the brand. I’d say start small. No more than 3%.

2 Likes

Too late… :smile:

You’d be talking a few drops per 10ml of juice to get an effect and no flavour.

I’m predominantly a TFA guy with a few Inawera and a couple of CAP flavours.

Personally I like TFA Bavarian cream but use it for flavour rather than mouth feel.

Same goes for Cap v1 custard. (I’m on a custard trip at the min)

Marshmallow is the one that most like to use to add that extra mouthfeel.

Reiterating what @JoJo said you’ll get a million and one answers as to which flavouring is best lol.

Unfortunately it boils down to try it and see.

I’m revisiting some of my older flavours by CUPCAKE WORLD to remix with custards etc and they’re turning out great considering initially I couldn’t use them very well without it turning harsh.

CMJ

3 Likes

Quite true plus some sweetness. Add Cheesecakes, French Vanilla Cream to the list that give mouthfeel. In this case a rich, savory kind of feel…

3 Likes

here’s my flavor stash (at least what it will be next week)

Hopefully a good starting point for a pantry…

3 Likes

Looks pretty good. Careful with the chocolates…they can be a little tough to work with. Also, the Ripe Banana is apparently pretty harsh stuff so it seems best to only use it in glass or stainless bottles and tanks if you can. I have it in a couple recipes in LDPE bottles and they seem to be fine.

1 Like

You have some good stuff and also stuff that is not so necessary. The EM, unless you want a standalone Cotton Candy is useless in my opinion. It should not be used in mixes because it mutes other favors. If you have not already ordered it, you might reconsider this one. @JoJo is right. From what others are saying here on ELR the Banana Ripe does seem hard to work with and require a lot of steep. If I want banana, I go to Banana Cream TFA (Good Stuff). I recommend Marshmallow for sweetener 2% or less. Lime Juice (if actual juice), Saline Solution, my opinion but I feel are unnecessary. Smooth is good for tobacco and menthol mixes for me. I will say I do not like the taste of the Strawberries and Cream (My Opinion).

The rest looks like a pretty good lineup. Actually TPA MILK Chocolate is a lighter and sweeter chocolate. I found it easy to mix with. You do appear to have everything you need to make up some Strawberry Cheesecake Recipes or numerous flavored custard recipes, or chocolate pudding type recipes. Perhaps you could try some of those. Do your self a favor though. Stick to the recipes that are rated 5 stars. Though this is not always gonna wind up your opinion after blending it, the chances are better that you will like it since at least someone felt it good enough to rate that high.

1 Like

I already have this, and have discovered just that… I don’t plan on using it much (if at all).

Removed from my shopping list, replaced with Banana Cream TFA

Assuming that the recipe creator hasn’t rated it themselves, that’s my plan.

1 Like

Nine out of ten times that will be the case. Few recipes are rated more than once. But again, they took the time to tell you they thought it to be quite good in their opinion. Sounds to me you would have a better chance of it being good then…

1 Like

Simple but effective recipe I’ve made is

6% TFA ripe strawberry
3% Bavarian Cream TFA
7-10% Vanilla custard Cap v1

70VG30PG

2 Likes

I’ll most definitely give that one a try once my vape mail arrives, Thank You!!

1 Like

This is my recipe originally which is one of my shop juices

Double Dutch Chocolate (FW) 2%
Malted Milk (TPA) 2%
Marshmallow (FW) 2%
Milk Chocolate (TPA) 14%

For Grins, try this. This has never been tested, tasted, vaped, or even puked up

Double Chocolate clear (TFA) 2%
White Chocolate (TFA) 2%
Marshmallow (TFA) 2%
Milk Chocolate (TPA) 14%

You have all these flavors and thought it might be interesting. If you want to play, there you go…

3 Likes

Nice!! Thanks!!

1 Like

Jojo what’s purpose of smooth. Does it help bring out complex juices… I know I have tried
Strawberry alone… I had three. But mixed together… And now I’m happy with it. But plan to add caps strawberry last… Just curios as I see in recipes… Thanks Jojo

Smooth helps to round out harsh edges on things like tobaccos or really bitter fruits. It’s also supposed to add mouthfeel and ‘thickness’ but I haven’t really found that to be the case much. I haven’t found much success with it except adding it to a citrus mix that made me cough. You have to be careful…as it’s name implies it will smooth things out, but that may wind up making your mixes muted and bland.

3 Likes

So for a real citrus recipe would help out. But not really worth purchasing it… Ok thank you so much…