Flavor Pairing

@Pro_Vapes beat me to it! :wink: The best advice I’ve heard around here that I can give is, after you take a look at the stuff in those links, find a couple of recipes that you want to try (preferably ones that aren’t super complicated), and order those flavors.

Welcome to the obsession! :smiley:

5 Likes

Inspiring indeed! I had been mixing stuff for a good while before I found the fine folks here, but the things I’ve learned about mixing I doubt I would have ever picked up on my own. Don’t hesitate to tap into the vast knowledge base here.

Have you visited the ELR Calculator yet?

4 Likes

@CrispyCreme, here’s a little link for some practical knowledge in flavor pairing for when you do collect flavors and start mixing. Don’t let mixing intimidate you! It’s fairly easy and a lot of fun. Research is often the key to successful mixing; read, read, read! :wink:

http://www.thevaperstable.com/diy/e-liquid-flavour-pairing

1 Like

Thank you guys for all the help. I don’t know the forum rules but I would appreciate it if someone could recommend a good website to order from I’m located in the USA. I’ve decided to get a starter kit with about ten flavors and then just pick up flavors and base as needed.

2 Likes

You could try ecigExpress - They got a LOT of stuff :slightly_smiling: Discount code ELRECIPES will give you … around 10% discount … on most items :stuck_out_tongue: ECX needs to fix it so it’s on everything! ;D

Also check out the Resources page on ELR for more shops and discount codes!

4 Likes

If you’re from the US, I try to keep this list as up to date as I can

4 Likes

Wow. I must need sleep and to learn how to read. I just realized I linked the thread that we are in. I swear my hair color is natural…I’m NOT a blonde.

7 Likes

I"m not sure you realize how much you’ve helped the community here at ELR this year, and how profoundly helpful your recommendation of the Flavor Bible has been! God bless you for sharing this gem, and I hope your generosity is revisited to you 1000% in 2016. Thanks DV!

8 Likes

I second that @SthrnMixer!

@DarthVapor was spot on with that one! :clap:

5 Likes

I was looking for peach on the pairings list but I didn’t see it…

Peach pairs well with: cinnamon, orange, lemon, lime, cloves, dried apricots, dried cherries, ginger, both fresh and ground, maple syrup, nutmeg, nuts (pistachios, walnuts, hazelnuts, pecans, and almonds), star anise, vanilla

3 Likes

I always wondered what Passionfruit went with! Thanks
I have a JF Passionfruit which I find peppery, does anyone else have the same problem.

1 Like

What a great thread!
Many thanks to everyone who contributed to it and especially @JoJo for the tireless and thankless task of compiling it all!
Where do you find the time? LOL

So can anyone help with Jackfruit?

2 Likes

It’s tough to find pairings with Jackfruit.

From Reddit…

Jackfruit, as described by botboy, is flexable. Add it to Pineapple for a tart tropical fruit. Add to Orange Cream to get a Mellow Mango-esque flavor. Add to Juicy Peach for a sweet tropical flavor, or nectarine for similar but slightly less sweet results.

Jackfruit Recipes

2 Likes

@Pro_Vapes
Thanks!
Yes I am struggling a bit with it?
Don’t get me wrong, it’s a great flavour but getting that pairing for the wow factor is eluding me for now?

2 Likes

hah! i have found a few ways to use jackfruit, i’m not bragging…BUT…try using huckleberry by TPA…i’ve only managed one recipe using that, lol

2 Likes

I made a pretty good juice ( I thought it was pretty good anyways … lol) using Jackfruit.

Pulp Non Fiction

Ingredient%
Blood Orange (FW)2
Jackfruit (TPA)4
Lemon (TPA)2
Smooth (TPA)0.5
Sour (TPA)1
Sweet Guava (CAP)3
Sweet Lychee (CAP)3

Flavor total: 15.5%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!
4 Likes

Still got a link for that Flavor Bible download by chance? The link currently in this thread no longer works :confused:

1 Like

That’s strange, I never changed it? I just went on my drive and copied it, so let me know if you can get it

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bxa5kf6siUQLSlhPeTVFOTByY3M

***Oh never mind, I thought the link was mine, hehe. I think I have it posted in the Flavor Bible thread :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Got it! Thank you!!

2 Likes

Good!! If you like it, I highly recommend the real thing! It’s one of the few books I don’t care for the PDF on. It is a lot easier to read and laid out better, plus I think the PDF is missing a tiny amount of info. I could be wrong on that though.

Enjoy!

1 Like