Flavor Revolution Tasting Notes

Flavor Revolution
Available at Nicotine River

Ripe Banana (Suggested 2%)

Forgive me, not that great at subjective flavor tasting notes, if I find something I really enjoy, I tend to gush, if it’s something I don’t enjoy, I just bust my butt to make it work (I hate wasting anything).
Ripe Banana is a superb banana flavor, it comes across as a soft flavor, albeit potent. I tested this as a single flavor at 0.25 and 0.50% as well as in a pudding mix at 0.25/0.50/0.75/1.00%. That’s alot of bottles, I know, but I wanted my pudding just right. Even at 0.25% this was a smooth and creamy ripe banana, both as a single flavor, and in the mix. Flavor Revolution really managed to capture the soft, white outer flesh of the banana as well as it’s creamy, golden center. Some ripe flavors tend to give off an ethereal green ripened taste, which can be a turnoff, but this flavor doesn’t. It’s creamy, but more in the way of how a banana is dense and creamy, than an actual cream. Not bitter, slightly sweet. My main goal was to have a flavor for an authentic banana pudding, to mimic banana slices vs. an artificial banana box pudding. This banana is definitely authentic with very little candy-like qualities (some might taste it, I don’t). This is by far the best banana I have tried, and so far I have used FA, INW (Shisha Banana), TPA (Ripe and Cream). I have Hangsen, but haven’t cracked it open yet, so can’t attest to that one. If you are turned off by TPA Banana Ripe, this is definitely one to try. It is such a delicious, golden, sweet banana, and I really think that anyone who loves a good banana flavor would enjoy the heck out of this. :smiley:

26 Likes

Thank you for your notes on this Banana flavor. I will add this to my list!

4 Likes

Yeah, this is where she had me sold!

4 Likes

Thanks y’all! I am usually not excited for flavors, but this banana is just lovely. I wonder if all their flavors are as potent, I would love to try another Custard to go with Purilum Custard in a base. The Vanilla Blast and Vanilla Custard will be my next FR buys, then I seriously need to calm down on flavor buying. I added up my flavor purchases for the year…and it was like holy geez.

8 Likes

Thank you for the flavor review! Several of us have flavor revolution coming. A banana pudding does sound yummy. Damnit. Because of you, it looks like another trip to the store

4 Likes

Where did she have you sold? The soft white outer flesh part? Or the review of the banana?

2 Likes

/Sgt. Hulka: "Ohhohoooo no you don’t!
:stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

3 Likes
5 Likes

@Silhouette If you end up with something you don’t like and like me just hate like hell to toss anything then see if someone will trade something they have for it. Or if you have really super fantastic friends then you might get them to order something (thanks @Skullblade789) you like have it sent to you and send them your disliked flavors or nic or what ever. I’ve traded PG for VG nic, flavors and even a smile or two here. The only banana I ever use is Capella Banana. I have one recipe that uses a small amount of it. I don’t even mix it that often anymore. I have about 10 juices that are always on my table another 6 or so that are repeat offenders and then another 16 or so that I make once in a while or strictly for someone else. Then I have about a gillion that were good idea’s on paper but just haven’t been figured exactly out yet and then another gillion that were so ratty after several attempts that they are in the don’t go there folder. Someday I might get around to working on some of them again but not in near millennium :smile:

1 Like

I generally don’t trade, I will just ask if anyone wants something and will just ship it to them. I have yet to do it with flavors, because it would be daunting. I use these huge, magnetic flap boxes for all my flavors and I would have go through like 5 of them. I will certainly try to get around to it though, the start of the school year is hectic as crap at my house :grinning:.

4 Likes

whats next for flavor revolution on your end?

1 Like

The Vanilla Custard definitely, Vanilla Blast, Vanilla Cream, going to order in a few days. I make it a point to try every brand Custard I can get my hands on, with FR being so potent, I’m kind of excited to try it.

6 Likes

Vanilla custard came in last week late and will mix that at 2% SF tonight. I did use a bit of butterscotch as a supporting flavor in a mix that @Sprkslfly and I are messing with. Flavor revolution is a “clean flavor brand” isn’t it??

3 Likes

Do you mean without the normal custard note ingredients, diketones, etc.? I actually can’t remember if they have that claim on the website or not, and I cannot access certain parts of the site as they are currently reworking it for mobile, so I’m not sure.

2 Likes

i second the banana ripe. best banana yet. i’ve noticed for long term banana in a recipe it’s great layered with a touch of pur banana and a smidge of cap banana to really make that nanner stand out! I’ve taken this all the way up to 2% and it still played nice with the peanut butter I paired it to!

4 Likes

Yes. I’ll check when home

Have you tried the banana candy?

not yet. i have their green apple, banana ripe, blue raspberry, cantaloupe, caramel, cotton candy, grape candy, honedew melon, kiwi, mango, peach, pineapple, red raspberry, sweet cream and vanilla blast.

next order will be marshmallow, watermelon, red apple, cinnamon swirl pastry, custard, graham cracker, coconut, energy drink and woody tobacco.

3 Likes

Made an experiment using primarily flavor revolution just now and after mixing warm plus a taste test…my god this stuff is potent! I could probably make twice the amount that I just made. FR is no joke. I’ll give this a week to settle down and retest.

4 Likes

Talk about welcome news!! :smiley:

Are we talking like 1% to 3% (old Ina standards)? Or higher?

3 Likes