Flavorah Ingredient Percentages

Researching Flavorah flavorings I see that many contain both PG and Alcohol…I am using EjuiceMeUp for my mix calculations and am wondering what percentages to plug into my flavoring PG/VG amounts. Also, how do I go about the amount of alcohol %?..Any input on how to handle this in EjuiceMeUp will be gratefully appreciated.

2 Likes

You would have to know the % of alcohol thats in the flavourings your using then input that into the water/alcohol % on e juice me up calculator i would think.

2 Likes

I have no experience with that calculator, but I would imagine that any alcohol in the flavorings would be negligible. I can also only surmise that an alcohol percentage category in a recipe calculator would only be there for people who use max VG and need to thin out the mix by adding a small percentage of alcohol.

2 Likes

For the FLV flavorings i have: i do not need over 3%. There are some that demand less like alpine strawberry…
As far as PG VG…
More PG if you want thinner, throaty. PG is also a better flavor holder
More VG if you want thicker, smoother
Creeper, signing off

Pattie is correct. Without knowing the exact amount just use the PG selection. Even if the flavor has alcohol in it as part of the carrier it will eventually evaporate off. And don’t try guessing or it will throw the calculations off when evaporation does occur.
Edit: Shit…I just realized this thread is over a year old! Oops.

1 Like

Creepers unite!!

Forgive my ignorance. If that’s a club I’m already in one. :sunglasses:

Oh your not ignorant. I was using my dry sense of humor.:joy_cat::eyes:

Percentage suggestions are on this page but they seem a bit high, I would start a little lower than they suggest, honestly. 4-5% is a bit high for FLV flavors.

2 Likes

Ditto to that!
By the way: i emailed Brendan and Aaron @Flavorah. I asked to know if the concentrates are VG or PG based.

have you had a reply? I’m allergic to PG, so would not want any with PG in them. Their website was not at all helpful. Seens you have to open a trade account, just to ask them a question!

All flavorah concentrates are pg based
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

oh! bugger it! I fancied their rainier cherry. Ah, well, thanks for the info :slight_smile:

Totally allergic? Or just sensitive? I am sensitive to pg and use a 40pg 60vg with vg based nic. It doesnt bother me that way

I’m not convinced that’s a meanigful distinction, but in my case, PG triggers my asthma. And since continued exposure can increase one’s sensitivity, I don’t want to go there, not so long as it’s avoidable.

Interestingly., I’ve finally figured out why I had to keep leaving the theatre on account of repeated asthma attacks during my son’s school play , about 15 years ago, long before I started vaping. It was clearly something in that building triggering the attacks, but had no idea what…until I read that theatre “smoke machines” use PG!

2 Likes

Then it is definitely not an option!!
That is crazy that they use pg in theatre fog!! Nice fun fact!

1 Like

well, not so much fun at the time! :rofl: Of course I had no expectation that leaving the building would help , I was just trying to avoid distracting the rest of the audience, I thought it was coincidence that attack ended once I’d left the bukilding. But then, after a few iterations, it was clear, to my great surprise, that I was actually allergic to that building! I was probabl;y the least popular person there ,too ! :rofl:

2 Likes

Do you use an asthma inhaler? Just curious because isnt PG used in asthma inhalers?

1 Like

It is in asthma inhalers, but not all of them. I have a long-standing bitch with the NHS about that. The PG-free inhaler isn’t on their prescribable list, because the one with PG (the generic version) is cheaper. To get the PG-free version, I have to have the luck to go to a chemist that’s out-of-stock n the generic one, THEN they can give me thePG-free branded one instead…as my local chemist kindly explained to me, eventually. In practice, I can’t be arsed with all that. I have some pretty bad mobility issues too, so I’m just doing without an inhaler now.

3 Likes

Damn. Sorry to hear that. I was curious about people with pg allergies that have asthma inhalers. Thanks for the information.

3 Likes