Flavorah Tasting Notes

Have you tried all of them? Hope they’re stocking them up here ASAP :laughing:

2 Likes

http://us11.campaign-archive1.com/?u=ea3030983fc64aa5d6cbea252&id=e836534829&e=878beb3c16 this link was an email I got from Flavora

1 Like

Gosh no… I only received 5 prototypes out of the lot released. The Red Burley and Kentucky blend I know I have in my stash; 3 of the other prototypes, I have no clue as to what names were given to them in the end. :thinking: I’ve got an email out to Brendan asking that question. He’s kinda busy at the moment, so I don’t expect an answer back for a while. :pensive:

2 Likes

Oh please let me know if you know, I want to make sure I get some good ones. You know, Jim approved :wink:

3 Likes

The amazing thing is… I feel like most of these are going to be great. Of the ones I’ve tried, none of them have a chemical note like some/most synthetic tobaccos. It will probably be a great while before they are all released.

My feeling is that most of the flavors posted for release were a “place holder” for the future; to “bookmark them” for future sale to satisfy the FDA requirements. :smirk:

4 Likes

Although it will probably not be released, the FLV NET is golden. It’s fairly kind on the coil. Mixed at 2% it is much like a NET filtered down to under 10 microns. After about 8 to 10ml, it’s time for a coil burn.

3 Likes

I finally had the time so sit down and mix up test batches of the flavors that Brendan was kind enough to send to me. I mixed them all at 2%, to get a baseline to work with. 60 vg / 40 pg, which is my usual ratio & .4 nic.

There are now 10 ml batches of Flavorah NET (can’t wait to try that one), Cured Tobacco, Virginia, Kentucky Blend, Coffee, & Pralines. Going to let them do their steep thing for a while.

4 Likes

Woot! Good things to come for you! :grinning: Enjoy.

Just pulled this one out of the steep closet last night. :wink: …a tad on the strong side at first, but after vaping it for a couple of hours in a tank, don’t think I’ll change a thing.

I will say again, I’m very sad about the FLV NET not being released to the public. It would have been a favorite for many tobacco fans. :pensive:

6 Likes

That looks good. Glad to hear the Kentucky Blend gets a thumbs up! I’m really looking forward to trying them all out.

Yeah, I can tell you liked the NET. I’ll have to make it last as long as I can.

I’m also curious to see how the Pralines turns out. I don’t have anything to base this on, other than a nose test, but the aroma just says ‘will go well with tobacco’. Just a hunch, from the aroma. We’ll see.

4 Likes

The Pralines is not what I had hoped.It tasted like a sweet candied pecan as a shake and vape but after a week it gets earthy and gets worst as time passes.I have heard several mention it reminds them of mushrooms.:worried:

EDIT: I decided to break out the mix and give it one last try as it has now steeped for one month.I must say it is now much improved!

6 Likes

Thanks for the heads up! I’ll lower my expectations a bit…lol.

3 Likes

I would love to hear your thoughts about it when you get a chance to try it out.

4 Likes

/me raises hand!!

For reals…I was so hopeful about this flavor and I’m really disappointed it didn’t work out for me. Earthy mushrooms. Yep. So you know how when you get a pecan that is still in the shell and you crack it and eat it, sometimes a little bit of that inner shell is still on the pecan? It’s super bitter and kinda earthy tasting. I almost feel like that is where this flavor was trying to go with the pecan, but adding all the sweet candyish flavor just made it weird. It’s too; bad it smelled good and the first taste was okay, but it was downhill from there.

Although, with the earthy mushroom taste, you very well may be able to pair it with a tobacco and it be okay. As long as you like your tobacco very, very earthy. LoL. If you wind up with something great from it, let me know. :wink:

4 Likes

Errr, yeah, @d_fabes … I hate for that “spore” to be planted in your mind about the FLV Pralines…but, it’s true…earthy dank mushroom on the back end. Don’t get me wrong, there’s some nut in there, but it’s a very slight, weak nut flavor. It’s the taste of the pecan that you’ve cracked open and decided to cull from the collection bowl because it’s molded, withered and dried out. I come from “pecan country”, like @JoJo …way down South…this ain’t nothing like the pecan confection I’m used to tasting.

I could eat these till they come out of my ears! :grinning:

I don’t understand how the guys/gals in the Mother Murphy’s lab can get so many flavors correct and then, oooops! :toilet:

Maybe it can be added to an earthy tobacco for a bit more earthy twang, but for now, it sits on the shelf with my other misfit flavors. :pensive:

6 Likes

After this renewed interest in the Pralines flavoring I decided to test the recipe I had mixed from a month ago.I am not ready to throw it in the never use pile of flavorings just yet.:slight_smile:
I feel it has lost some of the earthy twang but again this is a mix and I should have not rushed to use this flavor without first doing a single flavor test.
@JoJo , out of curiosity and for the sake of further derailment of this topic , have you revisited your test sample lately? I don’t know if it has improved or if my taste receptors are on vacation today!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Any tasting notes from folks who got the FLV Connecticut Shade? :thinking:

4 Likes

I just need to load it up. It reminds me of leather & coffee I swear that’s what I smell off the bottle.

Shade cake

Ingredient %
Bavarian Cream (LA) 3
Booster (Tiramisu) (FA) 0.5
Catalan Cream (FA) 0.5
Cinnamon Ceylon (FA) 0.5
Connecticut Shade (Flavorah) 0.76
Cookie (Biscotto) (FA) 1
Italian Relax (Cappuccino) (FA) 1.26
Madagascar (Vanilla Classic) (FA) 1.5

Flavor total: 9.01%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!

Not bad at all read my notes.

Nightshade

Ingredient %
Connecticut Shade (Flavorah) 0.76
Goji (FE) 1
Sweet Potato (Amoretti) 3
Taro (ECX) 1.5

Flavor total: 6.26%

delicious!

@Kinnikinnick You know Imma pair w/ a sweet fruit or bakery but I do need to break down and find my solo mix of it but atm we are in the process of packing and moving…so I have been a busy bee.

Connecticut Shade - rich deep notes of seems like almost a syrup or something in there. I get the coffee like influence as well as I only can decribe it as a tannin quality leather like but enough to keep you interested and not gagging. Beautiful flavor over all.

Kentucky Blend

Kentucky Lights

Ingredient %
Apple Pie (FA) 1.76
Bavarian Cream (LA) 2.26
Biscuit (INAWERA) 0.26
Fuji Apple (FA) 0.5
Golden Apple Shisha (INAWERA) 0.76
Kentucky Blend (Flavorah) 0.76
Salted Caramel (FW) 2
Vanilla (MF) 1.26

Flavor total: 9.54%

3 Likes

Ok…y’all southern Praline experts have me convinced, and believe me, it isn’t easy for a Motor City boy to say ‘y’all’. Sounds like the Praline spores might be better served on a pizza, with pepperoni blend. I knew I wouldn’t be using it as a single flavor mix, so my brain automatically puts it in the tobacco complimentary flavor list. The initial whiff of the flavoring picked up on the sweetness, but not the pecan (or moldy pecans).

Thanks for the mushroom alert. I honestly don’t get the good vibes, thinking of the tobacco & mushroom flavor pairing. (where’s the green yack smiley when you need it?)

On a much more pleasant note, I treated my Kayfun Lite+ V2 to a disassembly & spa treatment in the USC, re-wicked with rayon, and filled with Hangsen Turkish & a splash of INW Gold Ducat.

Absolutely dynamite. Even the thought of moldy pecans can’t spoil this.

6 Likes

I have a tester from 7/1 that I made and it’s definitely better. Fungamunga does eventually go away, it seems, but IMO it’s not worth it. I really love Flavorah flavors, but there are better options out there on this one.

5 Likes

Thank you for the conformation. I thought that it had improved as well but I still like conformation!

4 Likes