Flavorah Tasting Notes

Thanks for the heads up! I’ll lower my expectations a bit…lol.

3 Likes

I would love to hear your thoughts about it when you get a chance to try it out.

4 Likes

/me raises hand!!

For reals…I was so hopeful about this flavor and I’m really disappointed it didn’t work out for me. Earthy mushrooms. Yep. So you know how when you get a pecan that is still in the shell and you crack it and eat it, sometimes a little bit of that inner shell is still on the pecan? It’s super bitter and kinda earthy tasting. I almost feel like that is where this flavor was trying to go with the pecan, but adding all the sweet candyish flavor just made it weird. It’s too; bad it smelled good and the first taste was okay, but it was downhill from there.

Although, with the earthy mushroom taste, you very well may be able to pair it with a tobacco and it be okay. As long as you like your tobacco very, very earthy. LoL. If you wind up with something great from it, let me know. :wink:

4 Likes

Errr, yeah, @d_fabes … I hate for that “spore” to be planted in your mind about the FLV Pralines…but, it’s true…earthy dank mushroom on the back end. Don’t get me wrong, there’s some nut in there, but it’s a very slight, weak nut flavor. It’s the taste of the pecan that you’ve cracked open and decided to cull from the collection bowl because it’s molded, withered and dried out. I come from “pecan country”, like @JoJo …way down South…this ain’t nothing like the pecan confection I’m used to tasting.

I could eat these till they come out of my ears! :grinning:

I don’t understand how the guys/gals in the Mother Murphy’s lab can get so many flavors correct and then, oooops! :toilet:

Maybe it can be added to an earthy tobacco for a bit more earthy twang, but for now, it sits on the shelf with my other misfit flavors. :pensive:

6 Likes

After this renewed interest in the Pralines flavoring I decided to test the recipe I had mixed from a month ago.I am not ready to throw it in the never use pile of flavorings just yet.:slight_smile:
I feel it has lost some of the earthy twang but again this is a mix and I should have not rushed to use this flavor without first doing a single flavor test.
@JoJo , out of curiosity and for the sake of further derailment of this topic , have you revisited your test sample lately? I don’t know if it has improved or if my taste receptors are on vacation today!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Any tasting notes from folks who got the FLV Connecticut Shade? :thinking:

4 Likes

I just need to load it up. It reminds me of leather & coffee I swear that’s what I smell off the bottle.

Shade cake

Ingredient %
Bavarian Cream (LA) 3
Booster (Tiramisu) (FA) 0.5
Catalan Cream (FA) 0.5
Cinnamon Ceylon (FA) 0.5
Connecticut Shade (Flavorah) 0.76
Cookie (Biscotto) (FA) 1
Italian Relax (Cappuccino) (FA) 1.26
Madagascar (Vanilla Classic) (FA) 1.5

Flavor total: 9.01%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!

Not bad at all read my notes.

Nightshade

Ingredient %
Connecticut Shade (Flavorah) 0.76
Goji (FE) 1
Sweet Potato (Amoretti) 3
Taro (ECX) 1.5

Flavor total: 6.26%

delicious!

@Kinnikinnick You know Imma pair w/ a sweet fruit or bakery but I do need to break down and find my solo mix of it but atm we are in the process of packing and moving…so I have been a busy bee.

Connecticut Shade - rich deep notes of seems like almost a syrup or something in there. I get the coffee like influence as well as I only can decribe it as a tannin quality leather like but enough to keep you interested and not gagging. Beautiful flavor over all.

Kentucky Blend

Kentucky Lights

Ingredient %
Apple Pie (FA) 1.76
Bavarian Cream (LA) 2.26
Biscuit (INAWERA) 0.26
Fuji Apple (FA) 0.5
Golden Apple Shisha (INAWERA) 0.76
Kentucky Blend (Flavorah) 0.76
Salted Caramel (FW) 2
Vanilla (MF) 1.26

Flavor total: 9.54%

3 Likes

Ok…y’all southern Praline experts have me convinced, and believe me, it isn’t easy for a Motor City boy to say ‘y’all’. Sounds like the Praline spores might be better served on a pizza, with pepperoni blend. I knew I wouldn’t be using it as a single flavor mix, so my brain automatically puts it in the tobacco complimentary flavor list. The initial whiff of the flavoring picked up on the sweetness, but not the pecan (or moldy pecans).

Thanks for the mushroom alert. I honestly don’t get the good vibes, thinking of the tobacco & mushroom flavor pairing. (where’s the green yack smiley when you need it?)

On a much more pleasant note, I treated my Kayfun Lite+ V2 to a disassembly & spa treatment in the USC, re-wicked with rayon, and filled with Hangsen Turkish & a splash of INW Gold Ducat.

Absolutely dynamite. Even the thought of moldy pecans can’t spoil this.

6 Likes

I have a tester from 7/1 that I made and it’s definitely better. Fungamunga does eventually go away, it seems, but IMO it’s not worth it. I really love Flavorah flavors, but there are better options out there on this one.

5 Likes

Thank you for the conformation. I thought that it had improved as well but I still like conformation!

4 Likes

One last derail from tobacco…I tested a mix today with the pralines (been 4 weeks) and it’s definitely not mushroomy anymore. So it’s looking like 3-4 weeks for the shrooms to steep out in a mix and maybe more like 4-6 weeks for a single. Even at 4 weeks on the single I could still taste the mushroom, but like I said, I tried it again and it’s much better.

5 Likes

How dare you :smiling_imp:

6 Likes

I am thankful I have yet to get the dreaded mushroon from pralines. I will keep in mind to let it complete it’s steeping. I typically let mine steep a month but I remember testing pralines as a SnV and it was decent.

I have used it to push a nut note further w/ good results. Oh and that was at 1 drop per 10 mls lol dang that stuff is potent.

5 Likes

Does anyone have anymore recent notes on other flv tobacco flavors? I just tried Connecticut shade for the first time this weekend and I immediately was in love! It reminds me of a coffee, chocolate, caramel pipe tobacco! Just recently I’ve been playing around with tobacco vapes. For years I couldn’t even think about trying to mix or vape a tobacco flavor! I’ve been reading over different post the forum as well! @Kinnikinnick you seem to be the leaf expert :smile:

1 Like

Well, @juice_junkie_lover … I have put all of my synthetic concentrates out to pasture for the long haul. My solace for tobacco juices would be 100% NET, which I produce myself.

If you’re looking for some really good Flavorah tobacco tasting notes… u/T_Mace on the Reddit has a gaggle of them listed. I jump over there every now and again to catch up on the r/diytobaccoejuice thread and to read T_Mace’s reviews… he does a bang up job of describing the concentrate. :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks for the information! I’ll look into it!

2 Likes

Two parts.

Part one:

Part two:

9 Likes

Good find @daath. These will be very useful.

4 Likes

13 Likes

Anyone else see this?

www.flvfan.com

7 Likes