Flavors we use for boosting a specific flavor

Most of us know what flavors we like. Some of us have tricks we use to enhance a prime flavor in our mix. These tricks may or may not work the same for one person as it does another. Also these tricks may work only if certain conditions are met. So I thought it would be fun to share our mixing tricks. Some we may know, some we may not and it doesn’t matter. Also, if you want your tricks kept secret, thats ok as well.I will start with a couple of mine.

TFA Quince- I use it to enhance many Banana recipes I use unless the recipe has any nut. Nuts some how nullifies the effect.

TFA Dragonfruit-I use this to enhance most Apple recipes I use. Have not ran into any adverse problems with recipes yet.

8 Likes

Cactus (Inawera) enhances the juicyness of anything already juicy :slight_smile: I love that one!

7 Likes

Good thread. Will be following this one with interest. :ok_hand:

1 Like

Here’s some tips from a earlier thread…

2 Likes

I agree… it also adds throat hit. Depending on the recipe, pear fa and cucumber tpa adds a juicy touch to mixes also.

2 Likes

FA Fuji apple for juiciness too. At low % it doesn’t have a ton of flavor but does seem to make things taste “wetter.”

4 Likes

Rassberry FA in low percents helps to boost strawberry recipies.

Some report rassberry INW doing the same but havnt got my hands on that one yet. Still trying to catch’em all. Flavorings that is…not the Pokemon

4 Likes

Agree about the cactus adding juiciness! Love that flavour!
Also cucumber adds a good juicy feel to any mint or menthol!

1 Like

I have used FA Marzipan to boost Peach flavors with great results.

4 Likes

I use real lemon juice from the green bottle at .05% to bring out the strawberry and peach mix I make works very nice:)

3 Likes

What can I use to enhance a caramel & vanilla mix. Something to bring out the lingering flavor of the caramel?

1 Like

Almond FA at 0.25% - 0.5% adds a buttery sweetness that helps support sugar flavors like caramel. It’s like almond extract, not baked almond and it works very well in a supporting role.

2 Likes

You can use lots of different kinds of flavors. Some don’t work the same for some as it does for others. You can use in small %, Irish Cream, Brown Sugar, Butterscotch and some alcohol flavors help support caramel.Sometimes using 2 or 3 different kinds of caramel. Just experiment what works for you.

2 Likes

Thank you @Mofogger, I will try that

1 Like

@Beaufort_Batches, appreciate all the help I can get. Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Awesome, what % of cactus do you normally add?

1 Like

At very low % it enhances juicyness - like 0.5% - I like the taste though, so I add it around 1-1.5% :slightly_smiling: Here is one I like: http://tjek.nu/r/1CRF

2 Likes

I’ve been vaping this delicious thing:

Orange Cactus Water

Ingredient %
Cactus (INAWERA) 1.2
Orange (FA) 0.8
Orange Cream (TPA) 2.75
Red Summer (Watermelon) (FA) 2.5

Flavor total: 7.25%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!

Yummy!

5 Likes

Stop, you’re making me order stuff. :grinning:

6 Likes

Yup… damnit… Keep seeing cactus pop-up everywhere in fruit blends… It’s already on it’s way from BCV hehe. Gonna have to try this stuff :yum:

2 Likes