Flavour Art Tasting Notes

Many thanks and with regard to King Arthur’s Pipe, very lush and rich and reminds me of DV’s Welsh Pipe - I can’t be more precise as I don’t know the names of the various flavour elements!

1 Like

Many thanks.
CG

1 Like

Thanks very much and I’ll definitely check out Inawera pipe flavours - Captain Jack for certain!
CG

1 Like

[quote=“Cloud_Gerbil, post:123, topic:14923”]
DV’s Welsh Pipe
[/quote]I’ve got DV’s Welsh Pipe and like it, thanks :grinning:

1 Like

Just ordered Captain Jack!

2 Likes

Could look at: Tobacco Flavors Tasting Notes (Misc)

1 Like

Fresh cream can taste like crayons if you use too much. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

try soho…its the best FA tobacco

1 Like

It is a very interestingly nice tobacco. I like to mix it with a bit of HS RY4 and/or HS Highway and FA Vanilla Tahity. Tasty! :wink:

No review on these… Just news of new FA Blended flavors hitting the market in the USA soon. :thinking: Maybe we’ll see a review on these soon from a FA fan. Most of these are fruity, but there’s a coffee flavor in the offerings as well.

http://flavourart.com/en/store/flavors/artists-touch/

4 Likes

great share, brother! did you find out about these through a newsletter of some sort?

1 Like

Hmmm… cooking catfish tomorrow so I’ll have they fryer out. I may give this a try :slight_smile:

1 Like

It was a FA Facebook notification. The ONLY reason I have a FB account is to get FB notifications from vape stuff vendors, a few reviewers…and I keep up with Berkley Breathed’s Bloom County! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

FA Metaphor

Tested at 4%

Summary:

Predominately I’m tasting a very creamy vanilla angel food cake flavor, fluffy and light, not dense or heavy. It has a background of generic fruitiness.

I don’t get “crispy” cake flavor, and it’s lightly sweetened, reminds me strongly of angel food cake topped with light citrus cream. The description says citrus, but there is no acidity to me at all like I usually get with citrus, it’s very smooth. I can’t taste any one dominant citrus at all, nothing stands out, just a refreshing blend that is very well balanced and doesn’t bury the cake. No tanginess or sharp flavors at all. Very familiar tasting, but I can’t quite put my finger on it.

It’s a very good cake, I will be interested to see how this changes if at all with a 4 week steep. Overall a light flavor.

Recommended Usage:

Single flavor: I would probably aim for 6-7% in a tank, or 4-5% in an rda.

In a mix 1-4% depending on the recipe.

Steeped 1 week, although I think this will get better with more.

UPDATE: At a 3 week steep the crispy cake flavor has really come out, still lightly sweet and creamy/moist. It changes a lot with the longer steep, really transforms into a heavier, more dense cake. This really tastes like a fried old fashioned cake doughnut without glaze. It still has a very very slight hint of generic citrus in the background. It really adds to the doughnut, gives it that very slight sourdough/sour cream background note. I am really enjoying this as a SF. I’m thinking a small amount of either FA Meringue or Marshmallow (maybe a little of both) will give it a great sugary glaze :slight_smile: If you want the lighter angel food cake effect like in a Strawberry Shortcake, I wouldn’t make more than a week’s worth at a time.

6 Likes

FA Labyrinth

Tested at 4%

Summary:

Predominately I’m tasting FA Nonna’s Cake with vanilla and caramel instead of custard. Vanilla pound cake flavor, slightly dense, topped with a dark caramel. It has a background of citrus fruit to me.

I get a citrus pound cake flavor, fairly sweet, reminds me strongly of an unglazed lemon-lime bundt cake, drizzled with a dark caramel. The caramel is not creamy like the candy or a sundae topping. Similar to a caramel that has been cooked until just before it scorches, where most of the sugar has cooked out and it’s no longer sickeningly sweet. I don’t want to say bitter, and it’s not burnt, but it’s a dark caramel to me. I am also getting an almost alcohol flavor, like when someones adds too much vanilla extract to something. The description says "Sponge cake, vanilla, caramel and a host of fruity notes … a real labyrinth of flavours to explore forever!

I plan on breathing this for a few hours to evaporate that hint of alcohol. This is good, but I don’t think it’s something I would vape stand alone. Unless this changes with a longer steep, for my personal tastes it needs some creams or custards to round it out, and I would always reach for an actual lemon cake over this.

Recommended Usage:

Single flavor: I would probably aim for 4-6% in a tank, or 3-4% in an rda.
In a mix .75-3% depending on the recipe.

Throat Hit: Mild to Moderate

Steep: 1 week, although I’m hoping this will smooth out a bit with more time.

UPDATE: At 3 week steep this is not something I will be vaping at all. The citrus notes have become very forward, and it has developed that acrid note I got from Pandoro. I can’t get past the dry citrus and find any caramel left for me, still slight hints of Nonna’s Cake in the background. Tastes like a mix of Pandoro, Nonna’s Cake, and Custard. Not pleasant at all for me. I hope everyone else has luck with this one. I am sensitive to some flavors though, like CAP Cake Batter and FA Joy…horrid to me. So don’t let my experience turn you off please.

7 Likes

Hey @Kinnikinnick, I have a bottle of unopened FA Glory. Someone told me it tastes like Peanut Butter but I have not yet test it? What’s your take on it because you almost got me to want to mix it now saying it’s sooo good. Do you mean stand alone or with something?

4 Likes

It does have a peanut taste to it, knowing @Kinnikinnick he would mix it with something.
Here’s one of his recipes using Glory, I think he’s swamped with work so I answer for him :grinning:

Glory

Ingredient %
Caramel (FA) 2
Dulce de Leche (TPA) 4
Glory (FA) 2.5
Meringue (FA) 1.5
Smoke and Prunes (INAWERA) 0.5

Flavor total: 10.5%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!

And here’s another one

Nanner Nuts I (FLV)

Ingredient %
7Leaves Ultimate (FA) 2
Banana (Flavorah) 0.75
Caramel (Flavorah) 1
Cream (Flavorah) 2
Glory (FA) 1.5
Mocha (Flavorah) 1.5
Vanilla Custard (Flavorah) 3

Flavor total: 11.75%

Or

Apple Jack'd

Ingredient %
Crunch Cereal (Flavorah) 5
Glory (FA) 2
Gold for Pipe (INAWERA) 2
Green Apple (Flavorah) 3
Rich Cinnamon (Flavorah) 1
Vanilla Custard (TPA) 6

Flavor total: 19%

I think I’m gonna mix up some of that Nanner Nuts right now :yum:

2 Likes

Isn’t @Josephine_van_Rijn the ginchiest, ever! :kissing_heart: She definitely answered your question about the “or with something”.

When I first got the FA Glory, vaping it stand alone was my first course of action, as it usually is with most concentrates. Boredom usually sets in and then comes the pairing. It reminded me a lot of the DK 555 tobaccos; nutty with caramel undertones. One of the more pleasant tobacco flavors for those who are thinking about getting into tobacco vapes.

3 Likes

Ok, well which one of your recipes using glory to you prefer or go to the most? Since I’m trying it, I’ll mix standalone first at 2% which I’ve heard is good and then try your go to and maybe I can learn something…

3 Likes

For my tastes, it would be the “Glory” recipe; the other ones were made for my son and wife…not really my style of vape.

As far as he “Glory” recipe is concerned, you might want to get rid of the INW Smoke and Prunes; that stuff is truly an acquired taste kind of thing. Maybe a dab of INW DNB would be better for most folks.

2 Likes