Flavour Art Tasting Notes

I like INA Smoke and Prunes, I use it in a couple of my Alcohol inspirations.:wink:

2 Likes

Ok…well, that’s makes 2 people who like it. :wink:

4 Likes

SUMMER CLOUDS (FA) 3%

Peach can be taken to Rings or Natural Peach.

Light Citrus Note.

Slightly floral - Rose - Can be manipulated to increase the fuzziness of the added peach.
Can be used as building block or standalone.

Mix with:

Juicy peach, apricot, white peach
strawberries (bright), Banana?, Golden pineapple

Fa: Orange, Citrus Mix, Lemon (lightly), Lime Tahiti cold pressed
Almond, N.E.T. (light shags)

Creams: Bavarian, Fresh, Vienna, Marshmallow, Sweet Cream

Could be used just for the peach but kind of pointless if you have other peaches unless you are just using this for a building block.

2 Likes

I don’t know about you but Joy hasn’t improved any mix that I’ve made. I haven’t found niche for this flavor yet.

1 Like

I did get some Joy with my last flavor order, but haven’t used it yet. I purchased simply because I saw several other people’s recipes using it.

Anyone with more information on it ? Did I waste money?

1 Like

When I first started using it, I used it 1-2% and it seemed to overpower my recipes. I’ve reduced my usage to .5% and it still is too noticeable. I get a weird sweet honey cinnamon and a funny aftertaste. I just can’t find a fit for it.

2 Likes

This is one flavour that didn’t appeal to me from the start. I don’t have it and I don’t plan to get it. :grinning:

2 Likes

I just picked up a bottle of Joy this week…I haven’t tasted it yet but I have a few mixes steeping right now. Not sure what I think about it either nor the % I should be using it at. So far I haven’t exceeded 1%. If memory serves my mixes were .5-.8%
I will know next week!
I’m thinking it is going to be a bit like Oba Oba as far as the steeping and evolving of flavors but not sure yet…

4 Likes

Looking forward to @DarthVapor’s reply. Thanks for intended testing and comment/review. I will be (tracking) interested because this might appeal to me.
Re: http://e-liquid-recipes.com/flavor/40652
Has 4.5 stars out of 5?
Not into fruit vapes but a bakery comment would be informative/welcomed.

3 Likes

I love the FA Joy! :kissing_heart:

I place this flavor in the bakery department. It lends a wonderful mouthfeel and flavor to my tobaccos and cake type mixes.

3 Likes

As soon as I start tasting the Joy mixes I will let you know! Although I am not much of a bakery type guy but I am slowly coming around to them…I may or may not be the best guy for the job :wink:

This is definitely a love/hate flavor though, so I’m interested to see where I will fall. What sold me on it was the funnel cake/elephant ears reviews…oooooooh doggy me love me some funnel cakes!!

5 Likes

This is another one of FA’s flavors that opinions vary a lot on. Some love it, some hate it, seems to be about an even split either way.

I love it … sweet yummy funnel cake is what I taste but a lot of ppl just taste stale beer. I’ve used it in bakery, coffee and fruit recipes. Haven’t tried it in a cocktail vape yet … hmmm, might be good in a apple cider recipe :smile:

If you do like it it can be a good replacement for FA Meringue

4 Likes

I have to figure this one out because I bought a 4ml bottle.

3 Likes

It lends itself well to a recipe such as that! I can’t get enough of this…

3 Likes

Looks yummmy!

1 Like

Did anyone spot this from the link above and recognize who this is?

ToOnMaN 1 points (+1|-0) 2 months ago
Let’s sum it up in one, simple, Simpsons-esque word: meh.
This is why i waited. When FLV flavorings were all the rage i jumped on the deal they had for reddit, buy one sample pack and get one free. I ordered all FLV Custard, i lubs me some custard. When it arrived i was so excited i may or may not have pee’d a little. I mixed and mixed and mixed some more. It was meh compared to VC V1 (CAP), just my opinion of course. It isnt bad for complimenting a custard mix using VC V1 but it did not live up to its hype for me. Some people love it, just goes to show you how subjective taste is.

Glad i waited for the Joy train to roll by, ill probably grab some and some point but at least this time i didnt go bat crap crazy and order all of it. Thanks for this post, it just affirms what i suspected.

I miss ole Ken! :pensive: Hope he’s doing well!

4 Likes

I am thus far not impressed with FA Joy. I have tried it 6 ways to Sunday and still humph annoyed no funnel cake here. Used it 0.2-0.75 nope used it 1-1.25-2% nope just an odd cool effect with a almost chocolate essence I get off of it. I’m thinking it as a sweetner these days. I have 2 batches steeping one has been for over a month ( if it ain’t good by then it never will be hee hee )

And I miss ol Ken too hope he is racking in the dough ($$$$)

1 Like

I’d like to know the secret once you find the funnel cake ratio ! @Shaner what have you been using it with and at what ratio ?

I taste beer when I vape this ? I have a beer flavoring as well and FA Joy reminds me of beer I kno it sounds weird but that is a taste I get not everytime but with certain mixes.

Pray tell of this beer flavoring of which you speak! I’ve always wanted to work on a “Car Bomb” recipe! It was my favorite nightcap beverage after a long hard night of bar hopping. So, that would be making something akin to Guinness first and then throwing a little whiskey in there for a side note.

But, I digress… Beer? Where’d ya get it? :wink:

2 Likes