Flavour Art Tasting Notes

There is something extremely astringent about Mango FA that I can’t put my finger on …that usually keeps me from using it at higher %s I tend to use it only as a mixer in the 1-2 drop territory.
Glad you found a sweet spot for it as I don’t get anything sweet out of it. Just a generic tropical vibe like you mentioned and that’s what I tend to use it for. Nice write up !

1 Like

Yeah, I’m with you. Even at 1.5% it tastes very strongly of alcohol or something similar. People keep saying they love it but it just comes off as such, to me.

1 Like

I think you misread. It’s *without* the chemical flavor.

1 Like

Yeah, I did as you can see 1 or 2 posts later…
The caffeine kicked in a little later.

1 Like

No worries. Been there. I, obviously, spoke too soon.

Fa fuji apple
Tested on derringer, narda, m-atty, hobo drifter, aromamizer.
A variety of 316LSS 2mm-3mm 10-12 wrap single and dual.

.08%-.99% Play here with drinks, accent notes, light bakeries (think fritter)

1% a nice very noticeable apple note.

2% much stronger, use here for most mixes for the front note.

3% the smackdown of apples. If I had to mix one, here it is.

Description:

It’s the center of a fuji apple. I’m eating an apple at the same time. The flesh of the outside of the fuji apple is sweet like red and the center is tart like green. Fuji apples are right in the middle of apples. They have a taste of red (light macintosh red) as well as a bit of the tart note from the granny smith. They seem to be a perfect blend. This will allow you to use the fuji as a base and build it from there. You want tart? Add a bit of tart or some granny smith and voila. Use sweetener or a red apple and it will go that
way.

Mixes with:

Anything you need a good strong apple for.

Oddball: sweetener (try to go for more natural sweeteners as sucralose can muddle things up compared to the real apple), brown sugar, cactus, liquid amber, joy.

Bakeries: Cakes, pies, fritters, cookies, turnovers, funnel cake, zeppola

Creams: vienna, meringue, fresh cream, sweet cream, cream, bavarian

Fruits: I always say “think juice” as in what you get at the store. The majority of juices out on the market contain apple juice in some way. APPLE MIXES WITH PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING when it comes to fruits. Use your head and be creative.

Tobaccos: I love fuji with my favorite naturally extracted tobaccos. I haven’t tried it with other brands at this time, but it’s taken every tobacco I’ve thrown at it with a smile. Light-Dark shags, pipe tobaccos, cigars, fillers, it’s all been great.

Out of all the apples I’ve had, if I had to pick one to standalone, it would definitely be this one.

13 Likes

My favorite and most used flavor. Great notes. Thank you!

4 Likes

I just did a single flavor mix of FA Fuji at 3.5% 75VG and 3 nic and I’ll do my first test this evening. I also did 1 and 2 drop taste tests in a shot glass of water. At 1 drop, the apple flavor is light but the tart is there and at 2 drops the apple comes forward with just a hint of chemical aftertaste. It definitely has the green apple flavor, almost green apple jolly rancher without the sweet.

You remembered this time :joy: Nice review too :ok_hand:

1 Like

Vaping on a Griffin 25 Plus with dual twisted SS coils on TC at 390f the flavor is quite weak at 3.5%, going to up it to 5% and see how that works.

Sounds like hardware. 5 is really strong.

1 Like

I thought the same thing. He needs to turn it up. Griffin 25 Plus ain’t made for tootle puffing.

2 Likes

@Boogenshizzle, @Pro_Vapes
You were right, I turned it up to 500f and got way more flavor out of it. I’m still learning how to run the Griffin and was trying to maximize the draw length of my hits instead of the density of the vapor. If I take shorter, more intense hits I get more flavor. Any thoughts on what would be a good “tootle puffing” RTA?

2 Likes

probably a cleito

1 Like

Wismec Theorem is a good one for tootle puffing :wink:

1 Like

What is tootle puffing?

1 Like

@Saxon2 Tootle Puffer is just a name that differentiates low-power vapers from the high power Cloud Chucking Modwompers.

5 Likes

@woftam

:laughing: ok, I know what those are :laughing:

1 Like

what woftam said

It looks like I misspelled toodle when I commented the other day. I knew I seen it somewhere before. It was @Kinnikinnick whom I ripped this from.

2 Likes