Flavour Art Tasting Notes

Any way to fix?

I don’t know if @daath @Ken_O_Where or @JoJo can fix it or if you just have to make a kind of heading in each of those flavors using bold and larger fonts.

I’ll see if I can edit

1 Like

Fixed. All named. Happy mixing.

2 Likes

You’ve actually got a few more… I just didn’t want to be a PITA… I thought you’d see the trend and run through them all. Sorry!

1 Like

I got all in this thread. I’ll try to find the others Monday

Only recently started exploring flavour arts selection. And just wanted to share my notes on the small number I’ve had the pleasure with so far.
Watermelon:
A fairly sweet realistic fruit flavour, almost verging on a candy watermelon but more real under the sweetness. With a lot of melon flavours I can always note of rind, but there’s none in this, making it very versatile with no off notes.
Cookie:
One of their most popular flavours, and I can almost see why. I used to really dislike this one, but lately it’s found a place in certain scenarios. It’s heavy on the toasted, nutty flavour, suggesting to me its got Acetyl Pyrazine in it. I find this limits it’s usefulness as a cookie. It’s got a nice buttery cookie behind the toasted AP-like foreground. Not my favourite but not bad.
Zeppola
I’m in love with this one. There’s a fried doughnut flavour as the focus, with powdered sugar and awesome accents. The powdered sugar adds a realistic edge that most other doughnut flavours don’t have. I also don’t detect the yeasty bread notes that I get from Capellas glazed doughnut and TPAs frosted doughnut. Works really well as an accent to almost any bakery recipe I’ve tried it in. I like it at ~3%, in a mix. It’s a bit mild as a stand alone, using the recommended concentration.
Custard Pi 3.14:
One of, if not, my favourite custards. It’s a lighter custard, without the musky off notes I get with TPA Vanilla custard and CAP v2. It’s got a bit of a citrus on the exhale which keeps it bright. It’s extremely creamy, but light on the Vanilla. It’s hard to put my finger on what I’m tasting but thought it worth a mention, just to say how good it is!

6 Likes

I keep reading this … Amy, you are so right :slight_smile:

1 Like

ive seen this a few times is it the same as the Custard FA

1 Like

Custard pi is different to custard iirc.

I think Custard Pi is a variation.

3 Likes

Custard Pi description on FAUK states:

I wanted a flavour that tastes and smells good but which also leaves a really nice aftertaste and I am happy that this one does all that. I also wanted to be able to vape it more or less all day without losing the tastebud sensation, it does that too. A rich Custard with some subtle but flavoursome undertones. We hope you will enjoy it…

Custard states:

Delicate, vanilla and lemon blends perfectly.

3 Likes

thank you im going to have to find this custard pi

3 Likes

I have been playing a bit with WoW as a single flavor vape.
Tuti-Fruity flavor as a stand alone vape at 3-3.5%. A bit strong, I can easily see dropping the percentage to around 2.5% as a stand alone (and it would be a nice sweet stand alone) but might add a touch (1%) of ForestMix (Forest Fruit) or possibly Harvest Berry at that same percent to keep it as a simple and clean fruit vape. Additionally playing with Zeppola… might look into using it to lower the stong flavor of WoW and increase the mouth feel of the vape.

3 Likes

Every flavor is sweetened by the VG. You need Bitter Wizard to cure the problem of sweetness. Just add a drop in 30ml and all the sweetness is gone and all else remains the same.

1 Like

Thank you!

2 Likes

Did you ever find your Funnel Cake? If not, message me and I’ll take care of that wish.

3 Likes

Is it me or do I have the wrong ones from FA? Almost everything I read about FA says they are high concentrations and you only use low %'s. Except for the Marzipane, I don’t get much flavor from them.
I have:
Jamaica Special
Vanilla Classic
Marzipane
Juicy Strawberry

This is offcourse not enough of a stash to get a good idea about the company, but with what I experience I’m scared to buy more of them.

1 Like

Not just you. As I started diy I bought half the line, since it was advertised at 0.10-1% flavoring. I couldn’t taste anything, so I put them away and blamed my taste buds. I didn’t know better and didn’t go higher in percent.

I recently revisited them as well as getting some more, but some flavors have been re done, example meringue.

The other flavors, while I don’t use them at 8-15% like other brands would, but far off being a “super concentrate” or/and “extremely potent”. Most of them I use between 4% depending on the flavor. And there’s quite a few that are very potent, that I use around 0.25% up to 3%.

Do you get it from every single one of these?

2 Likes

Yes, except the Marzipane, used it at 1% in a mix and after a week or 2 it tastes great like real marzipane. As a SNV I get some sort of nutty flavor but not really almonds. The rest of them I tried SFT up to 5% and got very weak flavor to none.

1 Like

What I’m trying to say is, the hype is/was real.

Without a tiny support of something you might find some flavors lacking or being weak. However they are not that weak, that you get absolute nothing as single flavor test. But I get nothing till all of them sat 3-7 days, their creams up to 12 days, as single flavor only.

Please keep in mind its my own opinion, I might also just too stupid to use them correctly lol. So take it with a grain of salt.

Edited it because I misunderstood, rephrased above, sorry.

2 Likes