Flavour Art Tasting Notes

It is Hangsen and its available at BCV. I tried a Guinness like with chocolate it was very good. Just a long steep time.

1 Like

Thank you! :kissing_heart:

I don’t imbibe any more, but I can vape an alcoholic mix all fricken day long and still be a sane person! Woo Hoo!!!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

One of the first mixes I used it in was Daintanee’s Joyfully Cinnful in Fuji recipe on VU. Mixed with 2% … A great mix and the Joy goes great with the apple! Also her Cinnamon Coffee Cake @ 1%

I use it in a couple of my coffee/tiramisu recipes and an apple banana nut bread @ 0.5%, a cereal mix I’m working on @ 1% and the only two of HIC’s recipes that I have purchased … HIC’s Old-Fashioned Doughnut @ 1.25% and his Baklava @ 2%.

So it looks like from 0.5 to 2.0%. 1% and less it’s mostly just used as a sweetener. Sometimes I will use it instead of marshmallow or meringue. (I’m not a real big fan of FA Meringue)

2 Likes

FA sells a beerflavour. It has diketones so they say on their website it is not suitable for vaping.

1 Like

I picked up a 10ml bottle with an order last week. I tasted it, and immediately thought to myself “WTH am I going to do with this?” It’s like yeasty koolada. Maybe a cold pizza recipe? Now where did I put my pepperoni flavor?

2 Likes

Wow seriously you’re not a huge fan of FA meringue I am shocked. I love it. To each their own.

Ok I will take a look at those recipes and check out the %s and combining flavors. I used Fuji apple with joy and let it steep I swear it turned into this disgusting fermented smelling juice even I would not try and I have made some funky behind combos.

As for now it is a sweetner for me.

@jimk I don’t drink anymore either but I can endulge in a alcoholic vape as well and not bat an eye.

3 Likes

My wife and I have both been sober now for 13 years … Probably why I have so many cocktail recipes, reminds me of the good times, without the hangovers :smile:

6 Likes

It’s been 5 years for me behind the battlefront! Stopped drinking and started thinking! Wasn’t easy, but it can be done! I’m with you though, vaping alcoholic type flavors is pleasurable and the best part about is…it doesn’t turn me into a belligerent raving asshole! :rage:

7 Likes

Been about 8 years here but I now can’t stand the smell of alcohol, so no alchy vapes for me :slight_smile: I’m the same way with cigs now…can’t stand the smell!!

5 Likes

I seriously almost vomit when I use vodka to clean my equipment!! Which is so crazy, because I used to drink the shit like water…
I do have a merlot flavor though but that just sounds nasty!!

3 Likes

I was just telling @Stixx that fall and winter time makes me want to pick up my pipe again…no inhaling, just the aroma of the tobacco is very soothing and pleasant. But, I’ll try to be strong and stick with my “For Pipe” line of Inawera tobacco flavors! :pensive:

3 Likes

Now I don’t mind the smell of some pipe tobacco! Good smellin stuff right there! But after I quit smoking, a year later they just repulsed me! The slightest smell makes me gag…which I suppose is a good thing but it’s a bit much considering my entire staff smokes…

3 Likes

Been sober almost 1 year this month prior to I would drink down the house of beer and then some almost everyday I had off for the past 15 years…was a "habit " that started off fun then b4 I knew it I felt like I " had " to do it even when I didn’t feel like doing it …(does that make sense ) Just up and said I don’t need this crap anymore I don’t know how to limit myself…so now I binge on buying flavors and vape gear minus hangovers and bad liver function so I am thinking it’s a win win. Oh and I made it out of my 20s and into my 30’s and now headed to my 40’s so time to tighten up and wisen up.

****Wow I am impressed we are so much like a family it warms my heart we can talk about deep shit that’s not easy to get off your chest. Very healing. I am so grateful to be off the crap. love the taste so I agree with @shaner and @jimk I’ll keep making my totties and Beer juices and won’t have any ill effects.

11 Likes

Wow, congrats to all of you guys! It takes a strong will to quit an addiction, whether it be alcohol or something else. I was never a drinker, the “something else” was my problem, but I am happy to report that I have been clean for a little over three years now. It’s not that hard once you figure out there are other things to live for besides your next high! Now I vape and it is definitely my new addiction, but at least it’s not as bad for me and doesn’t cost nearly as much!

8 Likes

Congrats to you too ! Vape on sista :wink:

This convo just blew my mind…Wow… Sober 15 and change… :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I had an odd suggestion that I’ve been throwing around in my head. some people swear they smell yeast (like in beer right) well I kind smell that too and I’m WONDERING LOL if you could do a bread (toast) with Joy and biscuit ? What say you?

1 Like

I like the sound of that. I would suggest starting it out ( joy ) lower than 1% it seems to take over a batch quick. I would love joy to do anything but taste like a weird little off putting chocolate with a gross cooling effect at the end exhale. Lol

1 Like

Soon as my hubs goes to bed tonight I’ll mix up a small 5ml bottle and use my vortex see what comes out lol should be um… interesting. I’ll start lower than the 1% then .75

1 Like

Also Joy changes quite a bit with steeping. I had a mix over 2 months old and it was way better, and different I think this is when I noted the hoppiness of the flavor reminded me of a bud light ( haven’t had one of those in years but I remember it lol )

1 Like