Flavour or flavor?

Well in that case you need to make a disclaimer that says something like : this data base uses the none american spelling of english words. Or you need to say, this data base is using american spelling.

Without it we end up like this, because Americans believe flavor is the correct spelling, others believe that flavour is the only accurate way.

At the end you won’t get everyone to agree or adapt lol. Might as well just ignore the “u/without u” fact :wink:

4 Likes

Not really, @fidalgo_vapes’s got it right, you have to respect the official brand name

9 Likes

Lol you all know I’m just stirring my flavour pot a little. I have figured out how to make an educated guess and find the best spelling of this oh so important word. Lol

5 Likes

People here like stirring in the pot too, or haven’t you noticed? :wink:

5 Likes

I have noticed!

4 Likes

I can’t find a webpage because I’m sure ecx renamed them, but I doubt that jungle flavors is the name. If that’s the case, we should be going by the German name (whatever that might be, maybe Dschungel Geschmacks Versand ) then we don’t even have to worry about that issue :rofl:

Let’s see how american/Canadians spell that In the db :wink:

4 Likes

Maybe it’s just best to ask @ecigexpress themselves :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Well the rebottle JF flavours I have actually spell it with out the u lol. I actually lol may of been thinking of my issues with my Great Lakes Flavour purchases and adding them to the flavor list

4 Likes

Now you’re just trying to confuse us more :smirk:

3 Likes

There fixed it for you!

4 Likes

And they are a purchase here in Canada lol

2 Likes

Really? :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Lol GLF is a Canadian company and is fur sure Canadian spelling hehe

3 Likes

First world problems, eh?
:smiley:

8 Likes

What chance have you got when the word to corrupt or debase a language is spelt Bastardise, but the Americans even Bastardize that. :grinning:

9 Likes

Try looking for GL instead. :wink:

3 Likes

You guys have touched on one of my BIGGEST pet peeves in regards to the database. lol

Personally the words FLAVOR and CONCENTRATE should almost never be used in the database unless it’s part of the proper name of the company (EG: The Flavour Factory, and even then, that’s frequently abbreviated with TFF).

98 PERCENT OF WHAT WE DEAL WITH is flavors or concentrates FFS!! /facepalm LMAO
(not yelling at you two, just the idea in general that folks feel the need to put flavor or concentrate.)

Then 1 percent use extracts.
And the other 1 percent use NETs.

I feel your pain though OP.
Sorry for the rant!

7 Likes

Making NETS myself and my only recipe calculator being ELR (because I think its the best) what do you suggest, Not enter them? or is there a correct format?

5 Likes

We can thank Teddy Roosevelt for this confusion.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwj61-C3oN7eAhWh24MKHXyRBVIQzPwBegQIARAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.history.com%2Fnews%2Ftheodore-roosevelt-spelling-controversy&psig=AOvVaw1W52xQywpADDgD9xm2rwV0&ust=1542641201163630

4 Likes

Oh for fucksake get in line, take a number and don’t EVEN get me started!! LOL

4 Likes