Flavourart lids

They are drip tops… :confused:

Hi grubby, thanks for the reply, I relies that they are drip tips but so are TFA, Capella etc but they can be pulled out and a syringe can be used.

Can the flavourart lids be totally removed so a syringe can be used? Or do flavourart have to be used with scales? Or by removing the syringe plunger and dripping into the syringe?

Thanks

I’ve not tried, but can you push a syringe through the drip tip? I’m sure you could get them off with enough force, but I don’t think they’re meant to come off. You might just have to rebottle them.

1 Like

SCALE will solve all your problems , im just saying

4 Likes

Use your wire snips to snip off the drip tip down low, then widen the hole with a small nail till its large enough to get your syringe into the bottle. store the bottle upright.
or if you have a drill, just drill a hole in it

This will certainly solve your immediate problems, but ultimately…[quote=“fidalgo_vapes, post:5, topic:88889”]
SCALE will solve all your problems
[/quote]
A set of scales will revolutionize your mixing… sooo much easier, less fuss, less mess, much more consistency & accuracy.

3 Likes

Those FA bottles are the worst. I had problems with them too when I used syringes, so i just transferred the flavorings into other bottles that were easier to work with. Next time buy re-bottled versions if you have the choice… it’s cheaper anyway.

The lids are pressed on to keep you from refilling them and they are proprietary so other companies cant use their unique design. If you drill them be careful to not get plastic flakes into the bottle.
If you ever do mix with a scale you will never go back to syringes.
my 1st scale cost about the same as 1 bottle of flavor (and shipping), still works fine, still the same batteries that came with it.

I use my thumb and index/fore finger. I set the dripper plastic bottle on a flat surface and peel it’s translucent dripper portion off the neck of the flavor bottle. Pretty sure this works for all plastic flavor bottles. You could use a small plier to do this operation if you lack sufficient finger strength.
After a mixing session, the tip is easily reinserted and orange/blue etc. capped for the next round of mixing.
The Orange caps are child proof and have to be squeezed and unscrewed open.

Thankyou to everyone for the replies and advice. I guess it’s time to start shopping for a scale :+1:t2:

4 Likes

You will be soooo glad you did and a Big Welcome to the forum!

1 Like

While you’re waiting for that, the yellow 20G syringes fit fine.

1 Like

Perfect thanks… I take it you still use pipette to decant VG/PG & NIC when using scales?

1 Like

They CAN be removed. I have removed mine. You have to squeeze the lid at the bottom with one hand and turn Hard with the other. after you remove them the first time it gets easier.

Had to take pics because my vid wouldnt dwn load. but as you can see in the first pic there are some serious tabs you have to over come. To be honest I may have used plyers at first. But damnit i got it off. :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the pictures, I will give this ago. Do the tops reseal when you put the back on? My concentrates are not always stored upright :hear_no_evil:

yes they reseal. I wouldn’t take MY word for it though. I would test it first if I were you. good luck

1 Like

You can indeed. Or get yourself some bottles with drop tips/nozzles. Scales are so much easier than having 400000 syringes on the go (I’m a new scale convert!) :+1:

1 Like

Before I got my scale I did the same thing to remove those orange lids, and they kept a seal just fine. And I stored my flavors in a little bag at that point so they were never upright. I didn’t have any issues with leaking.

BUT… You won’t be disappointed if you get a scale. :wink:

1 Like

Thanks to everyone who responded. Very helpful. Found a half decent set of scales on eBay for £9 that go to 0.01g. Let the mixing continue

4 Likes

Yes and maybe a little more. The pipettes are throw away. Could get two scales one to break and one for a backup. Scales are great for folks that do not have the time and have the money.

1 Like