Flax Paper: innovation or crap?

Have you tried the premade coils with the flax paper?

No I haven’t as I don’t own anything with premade coils. The experiment will be with handmade coils and to see if there is any difference in lengetivity, flavor vapor

neither do I. I was wondering what it looks like and how they put it together.

Oops i lied I do have an og crown. Just haven’t used it in a long time. I would if someone bought me some coils. I personally am unwilling to buy them myself. :laughing:

2 Likes

Well, they are getting to be very expensive and don’t last very long. I got so tired of buying coils as there are too many options and I had to look at different stores to find everything I needed. Pain in my anus so I went the artisan way of making my own.

3 Likes

You must be talking about the coils for that new Arco Tank. They use the flax paper. I’m also curious how this will work out in an RDA.

1 Like

Yes. Rip had a video on it.

1 Like

Pics are a great idea! I guess the flax paper acts as a filter. Not sure.

1 Like

I hope it’s there when I get home. Very curious

2 Likes

Ok. Paper came in. Took some pics. Not real fine ones but you can get an idea. When I rolled the rayon into the paper, I did lick the glue to get everything tight in order to thread the rayon and paper together. Had to twist the rayon like normal then twist the paper on top of the rayon. It’s late. Here are some pics. I’ll explain later. Flavor is good as is vapor. Can’t really tell anything different. Although I did drop the power about .5v to allow the liquid some time to saturate the paper again. Test was on the steam crave aromizer plus 20ml tank

4 Likes

Tried getting these in order but it all didn’t come out that way. Hopefully you all can get the idea. Once the paper and wicks are inside the coils, carefully remove the paper to the coil so everything is removed except the part inside the coil. Saturate wicks. Test. Drop some more liquid on and go. So far it’s doing fine. Will see in a week. Very curious now with a coil gunking liquid to see if my coils get ruined

3 Likes

Cool deal. Keep me posted. This is some interesting stuff.

3 Likes

I have a sneaky feeling that the paper needs to be on the outside of the coil if it is to make it last longer. I am probably way off base. Anywho, I think I’ll watch that rip vid again to see if I can get a peek at the arco coil. Arco right?

2 Likes

It wouldn’t stay wet. And there’s no way to secure it.

1 Like

right, I was just thinking out loud really. Though it could be “incorporated” into the build. Like maybe use some 40g kanthal or nichrome and wrap it a couple times around the paper which would be around the coil and then wrap the ends around the leads… I mean for science sake.

It is possible that it only needs to touch one side of the coil in order for it to work, or maybe both sides.

Oh well, its all conjecture at this point.

How bout some more pics? Have you still been using it?

2 Likes

So your vote is that it is crap?

1 Like

Honestly I could do without. I can’t tell any difference and it’s a bullshit gimmick similar to liquid tasting better from glass bottles when everything that went in to it was shipped in plastic.

The experiment worked but im not sure if it is worth doing again.

2 Likes

Thanks for giving it a go. It did sound interesting per a couple of reviews but that’s entertainment.

3 Likes

More pics of what? I sent everything already. You mean a picture of what it looks like after 20 ml? I’m done. Try some and see how it works for you.

2 Likes

i believe it, is just a gimmick, im sure in some situations it may make a small difference but i doubt it makes any difference in day to day use, if anything you would think it would slow down juice adsorption.

1 Like

Know what? It did just that on juice consumption. I did some chain vapes and started getting a burned taste. I dropped the power and had to give it some time. After it sat while I slept, I noticed it did better but as far as this being the “shit” I can’t agree.

1 Like