Foggy Car Windows in the Winter

I agree , glad that @R113 posted that about the filter availability.

Seeing how easily PG and VG cleans up with water, do you think the filters would be washable?

Looks like your regular old pleated paper filter just looking at the video.

Not if it’s made with paper

On Amazon, there is a vehicle air filter made by Phillips. It’s a 12V unit with cord. Those are $135 but have replacement filters.
They also have some cheaper ones but the brand mentioned has always performed well for me. Might get one of those. I just cleaned the inside windows last week and can see a film starting. Stuff is difficult to remove cause it smears. I’ll try to post a link when I get home.

1 Like
2 Likes

Djlsb just posted his review

1 Like

Hi My Car has same problem, and I was in denial saying it was the no fog junk I put on the Windows in the summer,But to my surprise it was the vaping I do in the car, I tried the anti fog junk again but did not work!!! The Best thing to do is Windex and news paper,(after you read it if you still do) LOL But no joke it works REALLY well you will really notice it when it’s raining and at night time, Happy Trails good luck you don’t knoe what your missing if you can’t see it

2 Likes

This is what I use. Works great for me.

1 Like

we might be each others doppelganger

2 Likes

The Phillips brand go pure vehicle type air fil filter works extremely well I must say. It’s positioned on my left dash front. On high it will remove a large cloud in less than a minute. It also has a power cord long enough to strangle an elephant, has 2 Velcro stickies and 2 RAM mounts. Cost was a little steep but it sure works slick. I turned the fan speed on high and drove off blowing clouds in it an hour to work. When bad air is detected the blue power button turns red then as things get better it will turn green then blue. Will see how good the windows are in March. There is a link above in case you have no idea what im referring to @SthrnMixer and @Amy2

5 Likes

One more update. I have used this filter thing for 6 hours in the truck, blowing very high VG vapor all around the truck on purpose to the point to where I could barely see at highway speeds of course windows up. Filter removed the fog in about 1-2 min but I did start seeing a vg film on the windshield regardless. I think this vaping is just so thick and juicy that it just seems to stick on everything regardless of a filter or not. Next test will involve using recirculating mode in the truck, filter on too with windows up and see if that helps.

1 Like

Thanks for the report. It’s pretty much what I expected. Reason is I have a Hunter 5 Blade ceiling fan which moves a ton of air on high. Put it this way, if Donald Trump were sitting under it we’d get to the bottom of that crazy doo. Anyway, when I fog up the room I can put that fan on high and all does is, nothing. The fog just hangs in the air.

I’ve been dealing with a fussy wife over the vape too. She complains because it sticks to everything. Windows, furniture, picture frames, the TV. We’re about to rip the carpet up and put down ceramic wood grain tile. I fear that will be the final straw. First time she busts her ass, my ass will be vaping outside :frowning:

2 Likes

for the house, i got this thing. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00G7VNO86/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
before using this, the vapor would hang in the kitchen and stay there just like yours. the kitchen cabinets had a film on them along with the windows. after using this, the vapor no longer hangs around and quickly gets sucked up into the filter. ill probably get one more for the living room which gets hit by the heavy fog as well. just think! it may save your hobby (and marriage)

1 Like

It takes me about 5 minutes to drive to work and I still have to clean my windshield every other day in the winter. (Yeah, I chain vape all the way there.) What I think works best is 100% rubbing alcohol.

Now I just need to find a spray bottle that has a pump with the same thread size as the rubbing alcohol bottle. Then I can just swap the pump to a new bottle.

(BTW, if you spray some on your windshield at night it won’t frost over. Dual purpose.)

2 Likes

If you are fogging up really badly then I reckon you have a leak somewhere, door seal or window seal maybe. Moisture in a car is normal as we open the door from a warm car and the cold moist air rushes in but bad condensation usually points to water getting in somewhere…

This post may be worth looking at for those suffering with vape oils on their glass :)…

1 Like

3 Likes

I just turn on my defroster… clears up in seconds… :slight_smile:

I only use 10% vinegar 2% dawn and just plain old water (once a year)… I use newspaper to shine my windows right up… after that its microfiber towels… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Window wind deflector suck air out, they are a good idea when vaping in car. Never had much windshield grime myself, or clouds in the car, which is equally nice.
3cm of open window, windscreen air on and you should be fine.
In winter, I try to make sure to heat the car on slightly longer trips to dry it out from the inside.

2 Likes

I can’t say enough about the product @JiM210 posted. It’s fantastic. In the house, I used to have to clean the windows monthly with a light film already visible after a week or so. I used Sprayway and it lasted 9 months! Did nothing different either. In the car it is far less an issue, but Sprayway has kept them clear for a long time. I definitely keep the windows cracked so the air moves though.

2 Likes