For pipe flavors

I just got my for pipe flavors ā€¦Iā€™m so stoked! Am I alone in feeling like a kid with a new bike. I got French ā€¦goldā€¦black cherry ā€¦ Vanilla. Iā€™m thinking Iā€™m going to make a Jamaican rum mix on one.an apple on another and a custard on another and ā€¦and ā€¦ And ā€¦and ā€¦OK Iā€™m excited :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

Nope :grinning:
Try them out as a standalone too, they are excellent!

2 Likes

In the cabinette steeping as we speakšŸ˜‰

3 Likes

Hey Jim . been thinking I wanna make some mixes up with those for pipe flavors. Mainly that golden.Iā€™m thinking some Jamaican rum . and oba oba.
On the French Iā€™m thinking vcustard 2 or fa custard or bav cream.
On the blk cherry probably something crusty maybe apple pie or joy or something buttery . on the vanilla Iā€™m not sure of any direction yet. Any thoughts on some mixes. Iā€™m wanting to accent the tobacco not cover it. Any thoughts on this are welcome

Sounds like youā€™re going down a good path. I do the same thing sometimes with certain tobaccos; pair it with something I already taste in the tobacco when Iā€™m doing single flavor testing. Other times Iā€™ll pair it with something which might just naturally go with whatever tobacco Iā€™m using.

Case in point:

I have a tobacco which has a juniper background. About the only thing I could think to pair it with was INW Smoke and Prunes, having researched what pairs with juniper berriesā€¦prunes.

This mix turned out pretty good after studying a pairing guide.

Side note: FA custard is very lemony! Canā€™t say Iā€™ve used it much with tobaccos.

Enjoy your ā€œfor Pipeā€ collection! I know I have :+1:

Juniper isnā€™t that the central taste in gin

1 Like

Quite right! :wink:

Yunyan description in link below:

First mix .I would post but havenā€™t figured out how.so Iā€™ll type it out. Fifteen ml.in glass to steep.
Gold for pipe (inw).5 ml
Jamaican rum (FW).3 ml
Coconut extra (TPA).3 ml
Guava (FA) .2 mlml
VG/pg and shake.donā€™t taste or you will not steep.lol.or make two

On your recipe on the main ELR site, click the blue wrench, then click ā€œCopy as HTML (text)ā€. Then when you paste it, itā€™s all pretty. :wink:

Thaks jojo

1 Like