Free Shipping? - Nicotine River

Good morning!

I wanted to ask this question to hear everyones perspective. What is more important, seeing inexpensive items and then being charged shipping or seeing more expensive prices but offering free shipping?

I ask this because we are always trying to evolve and continue to make everyone happy.

Let me know your thoughts and thank you guys for everything!

4 Likes

I live in Canada, for me I look for a good price and if it is free shipping, Thatā€™s a bonus, Some places offer free shipping if the amount in $ is over $75 etc.

2 Likes

Youā€™re probably not bothered about the European market, as you already have a massive customer base. But the only reason I donā€™t buy any modā€™s, tanks or DIY supplies from the US is because of the shipping cost. Shops that Iā€™ve checked out in the US charge at least double and sometimes triple that of any other country Iā€™ve bought from. Those include China, Canada, Israel and other European countries.

5 Likes

I had thought about this. A combination of both, slight increase in price but with free shipping over $75.

1 Like

Being in the USA, shipping costs are an issue for me also. But, your 10ml prices are unbeatable, the 60 mL bottles arenā€™t found anywhere else and are a great price also, I buy a lot of them. The 30ml & 120 ml are cheaper usually, or at least competitive to the point I will buy from you anyway. Being an outsider looking in, and not in the business, it looks to me if Free Shipping was offered at a certain price point, I see it anywhere from $20 - $75 might be an incentive for a customer to increase their order to receive the Free Shipping. Just a side note, Iā€™ve never seen a company work so hard to satisfy customers! Thank You.

3 Likes

I find the vendors that carry all that I need at one time, then order based on the bottom line.
If the bottom line is right, Iā€™ll be ok with waiting a couple of extra days to receive the order.

If thereā€™s only one vendor that is carrying everything I need, but their prices are much higher,
or they charge too much for shipping, I then may re-assess and make a couple of different
orders from different vendors that are charging less as a bottom line.

The perfect vendor always carries all that I need at a fair ā€˜bottom lineā€™ cost.

6 Likes

Lower prices with reasonable shipping makes me buy more :slight_smile: if I can get more for my money and donā€™t have to pay a ton for shipping tjats great. I also like the idea of free shipping over a certain priceā€¦ I think 40 is a good starting point just because sometimes I donā€™t need to make a huge order sometimes I just 5 or 10 small flavors and some empty bottles and if I need to add a couple more things to hit 40 and get free shipping I would be all for that

5 Likes

The age old questionā€¦ I still wonder this every day ha.

3 Likes

I love your prices and it wasnā€™t very long ago I received free shipping as well and that was awesome. I also think that a free shipping option if spent x$ would be great. Or even $5 shipping for $25 or $50 and maybe free with $75+.

4 Likes

Personally, price per ml is the most important to me. Keep the prices on the product as low as possible.

I expect shipping to be comparable across vendors once everyoneā€™s adhering to the new rules (using the same shipper of course). In the odd instance that isnā€™t the case, I then begin to question the reason for the difference.

• Am I getting better service? (eg: they use glass for their flavoring containers instead of plastic).
  • Am I getting better quality of packing? (ie: flavoring in sealed bags, then wrapped in bubble wrap layers, then packed in foam peanuts, or better quality boxes: higher lb. rated for stress/thicker).
  • Lastly, am I getting ripped off because they think theyā€™re going to make it up on ā€œthe back endā€? This is not leveling a charge at you, your idea, or the question you pose. But rather a certain unnamed company (not an ELR vendor) but also frequently happens on eBay.

I appreciate when a company takes the time to package and ship their product with respect (not only to the purchased items, but in the attempt to insure that the customer gets their purchase in the expected condition) and I fully understand and expect there to be a degree of expense thatā€™s passed on, but I disagree with the opinion that some hold that feel itā€™s ok to make a profit as though shipping itself is a product.

TLDR: keep the prices low, and shipping justifiable, and youā€™ll always have my business because I know I can rely on your customer service, with the added benefit of knowing that Iā€™m supporting another valued and contributing/interactive member of the Vaping community.
-Rob

7 Likes

seeing inexpensive items and then being charged shipping

1 Like

Nicotine River Prime. $50.00 fee and free shipping all year?

5 Likes

@Nicotine_River, Hey Wes have you considered doing something similar to Amazon Prime where somebody can join for XX amount per month and are enrolled in a program that gives them free shipping of any products that do not have ground ship constraints on them. If they order something ground ship then a discount on it possibly

2 Likes

TBH for me I have to admit the price is the most important. I try and keep my purchases to replacement of the favors I have with the occasional add to it. I do have to breakdown and buy VG a couple times a year and that just breaks my heart paying the shipping on that, I have to admit that since you lowered the price on it itā€™s much easier.

They say eyesight is the first to go. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Check out @Maureeenie post above yours

2 Likes

Just a case of premature postulation. Iā€™m famous for it.

3 Likes

@TheTinMan1 So anyway all things aside how ya doin there beercan

1 Like

Oh scuse me I ment tinman

1 Like

Doing well, brother. Hope you are also.