Frothing... do you feel it causes "sugar" to separate?

What a great idea!

and the price is right to boot. I now have three sizes and am toying with the idea attaching the smallest one to the power unit to my beard trimmer, it has the exchangeable heads and when you take one off there is a shaft that spins I’m just not sure how to attach it yet but i’ll finger something out. :smile:

2 Likes

Mix .shake well and put in dark closet. Shake every other day .no heat no frothing just patience. Not :rocket: science

2 Likes

agree it’s not rocket science, thing is, when i make a recipe - especially a new one i just came up with or still testing with, i really want to taste it “now” and make the adjustments - hence the need for “fast mixing/steeping” methods.
i keep thinking this is very similar to cooking. if you mix the ingredients, it’s not enough to produce the flavor you expect. you have to cook the meal - half-cooked or over-cooked and you’d hate it, as it will taste “off” - but if you can hit the spot - the correct amount of heat, stirring, etc - you get a beautiful thing that you enjoy. i’m not a chef, but most of us did some simple home cooking at one point in time to see how this works. makes me also think - to one of the above comments - that different recipes would need different “cooking” methods - it’s one thing to roast a chicken vs boiling or steaming it - “almost” same input, but different outcomes.

4 Likes

Good luck with it.

Sorry, couldn’t help myself…

2 Likes

@Ozo and @Lifesjoy - thank you guys for your responses … after a month more in mixing, guess i developed the patience to steep for 2 and 3 weeks :):slight_smile: - i don’t use frothing (breathing yes, some mixes need it else it’s chest-heavy) and rarely speed-steep

i found time steeping really makes a difference, though not all mixes require the same waiting time. Fruit mixes are OK after 3 days, little improvement with longer steeping… creams after 2 or 3 weeks are much better. that’s what i read everywhere guess i had to go that route myself

cheers,

1 Like

Are you actually using sugar? Or some other sweetener like sucralose or stevia?

I froth everything. I also let fruits age for at least a month, and desserts for two months. I have not noticed any side effect of frothing - except the tiny bubbles which dissipate after a day or so. I think my little $7 Norpro mixer is the best $7 I’ve spent on DIY - except Capella Vanilla Custard v1, of course. I guess that I could live without frothing, but not without my Cap VC.

2 Likes

1 Like

@Scottes777, no, i don’t use sugar - i meant the “sugar/sweetener” molecules in some flavor concentrates. i use Sweetener (HiLIQ) and recently tested NuStevia (didn’t like much)

Contains maltodextrin as the first ingredient? try stevia PYURE from walmart

1 Like

hmmm … this is the one i got - it’s not sweet :frowning: and i don’t like it
trying to get my hands on Pyure

https://www.nunaturals.com/collections/nustevia/products/pure-liquid-clear-nustevia-glass-bottle-2-oz

“…after 25 years smoking. vaping is the second best decision i did in my life. Guess the first best.”

Ya, what’s her name? :smile_cat: :smile_cat:

That one might be safe, check with walt at real flavors I think he has some good stevia sweeteners, or ozo has a good recipe.

Ha! @Ozo, good shot !

1 Like

Ya, got one myself… Henry VIII she is, and we have been wed for over 700 years :smile_cat: :smile_cat:

1 Like

Pictures would be nice to follow :slight_smile:

OMG…Kinda been a while for me here, but yeah…I don’t have the technology for photos at this time…I am sorry for that…Tried to describe it as vividly as possible…Sorry I can’t do photos… :frowning:

3 Likes

Long time no see. Welcome back.

3 Likes

Thanks @Chrispdx…I appreciate that…Yeah man…was unemployed for a couple months and had to re-direct my efforts and such…Was able to fit in some mixing sessions though…It’s all good… :slight_smile:

2 Likes